Easter Sunday

den5008

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be out with a mate this evening hopefully thinning out the fox population,and a couple of rabbits for the freezer,I will leave any rabbits that have a bow round their neck and are carrying a basket out of respect for the hard work they have been doing :)

Family all here today to share a Sunday roast and share out easter eggs etc. One of those days I wouldn't shoot as most people are not at work today who would quite often have to work. One of the only holidays left that many get off. So I respect their peace on their day off. Now tomorrow is a different matter.

If anyone shot on my farm an Easter Sunday they would be looking for somewhere new to shoot !

Not wishing to be contentious or controversial, but why is pest control or crop protection different on any particular day?

Mike.

If the landowner did not want anyone shooting on a Sunday, bank holiday or in fact any other day of the week for whatever reason then as the owner of the land then it's his perogative. It's also a fact we can't go every time the pigeons are feeding on the farmers land so we do have to compromise.

The pigeons will still eat your crops and foxes will kill your chickens,no one told them about easter

They will, but someone respecting their personal religious constraints and their wishes as a landowner isn't up for discussion, surely.

Edited by kyska

They will, but someone respecting their personal religious constraints and their wishes as a landowner isn't up for discussion, surely.

I never contested his religious beliefs,just pointed out that nature will continue.

As an aside how do religious types round the argument of not shooting anything on easter sunday,but are happy to have the family round for a leg of lamb?

As an aside how do religious types round the argument of not shooting anything on easter sunday,but are happy to have the family round for a leg of lamb?

I guess not many lambs are shot on Easter sunday, what's your point?

My point was, that Mr T wouldn't allow anyone to shoot his land on these days he respects, Easter and Christmas Day, two days of the year, I bet more days are not shot during the year.

I guess not many lambs are shot on Easter sunday, what's your point?

My point was, that Mr T wouldn't allow anyone to shoot his land on these days he respects, Easter and Christmas Day, two days of the year, I bet more days are not shot during the year.

The point was as i said how do you round the argument that you do not want anything killed on sunday but you eat lamb, even it it has been killed before you are still celebrating the rising from the dead by eating something that has been killed

As for MR T and not shooting i have not argued with the fact that he chooses not to shoot on that day,so why bring it up with me?

I never contested his religious beliefs,just pointed out that nature will continue.

For me Rob, it's just a matter of respect for my god, no connection to anything being killed. I wouldn't clay shoot either.