CZ 452 and 455?

bluesj

I'm looking to by a new rifle in .22lr, most likely a browning T bolt synthetic or a CZ 455 synthetic.

I've had a T bolt (in .17hmr) and liked it I've used a 452 style and again a nice rifle but i'v not even seen a 455.

So what is the difference between the 452 and 455?

And 200 quid looking at the price list of a local dealer.

Sorry hade couldn't resist,to be honest I don't know probably just a model number,I have the CZ 452 varmint,wood stock and to be honest I have never considered changing it or looking at anything else.It a workhorse and it only gets the bore cleaned ever couple of hundred rounds and the bolt stripped and the withdrawal claw kept clean every couple of weeks.You can't go wrong with a CZ mate they are prove and tested.

the reason i ask is i can get a new 455 for not much more that a second hand 452

the cheapest 452 with syntetic stock ive found is £250 and its in north yorkshire and i can get a new 455 synthetic for £296 five minuets from home

From the US CZ site.

The CZ 455 is the latest generation of the CZ bolt action rimfire. The 455 model will eventually consolidate all of the receivers currently used in the 452 line into one common platform. This combined with the new interchangeable barrel system of the CZ 455 will allow the user to easily change the stock configuration as well as the caliber of the rifle. The 455 retains the accuracy and quality of the adjustable trigger, hammer forged barrel and billet machined receiver from the CZ 452. Improvements that the 455 brings include new manufacturing technology and tighter tolerances for improved accuracy and smoother operation.

Sounds like the 455 is a 452 replacement.

Guest stevo

From the US CZ site.

The CZ 455 is the latest generation of the CZ bolt action rimfire. The 455 model will eventually consolidate all of the receivers currently used in the 452 line into one common platform. This combined with the new interchangeable barrel system of the CZ 455 will allow the user to easily change the stock configuration as well as the caliber of the rifle. The 455 retains the accuracy and quality of the adjustable trigger, hammer forged barrel and billet machined receiver from the CZ 452. Improvements that the 455 brings include new manufacturing technology and tighter tolerances for improved accuracy and smoother operation.

Sounds like the 455 is a 452 replacement.

I have just bought a cz455 in. 22lr. thumbhole varmit with a fluted barrel . I have the full length barrel as I do most of my shooting off hand and found the full length better balanced. I find it very accurate. Well made and very nice to shoot. Last weekend I took 56 bunny's with it over two nights. Very pleased with it to say the least.

Guest stevo

I went 455 with a 16" heavy barrel... I only have good things to say about it... that is now that I've dropped in a yo dave trigger kit.

I put a timney trigger unit in mine. I got it at a good price. But I agree. A Cz with a decent trigger job is hard to beat. It just has the edge on my original finfire varmit .

I have a 455 American, 20" barrel, wood stock very accurate does all I want as long as I do my bit. Great guns you will not go wrong with a CZ. Mind is a 22lr and I have not bothered with getting any other barrels, to much messing about.

The 452 and the 455 are different. The 455 is available with thumbhole or standard stock. I bought a 455 varmint 16"22 lr in a standard stock and changed to a laminated none thumbhole. I have had problems with mine as in extractors fitted the wrong way,it's ammo fussy,screw cut is poor, trigger was poor now it's bareable after a gunsmith job. Knowing what I know now I should have got a 452 or Sako finfire. It's mainly target work I do but it's short and well balanced to shoot freehand out of a vehicle window or off a bench.

I put a timney trigger unit in mine. I got it at a good price. But I agree. A Cz with a decent trigger job is hard to beat. It just has the edge on my original finfire varmit .

Could you share a bit of info with me about your trigger,I'm currently looking at getting a complete trigger unit.

Cheers Albert.

Guest stevo

Could you share a bit of info with me about your trigger,I'm currently looking at getting a complete trigger unit.

Cheers Albert.

The dave kits are cracking and we'll worth it imho. The timney I got was £50 for the whole unit. Not sure what they are full price but I would have thought around the £80 mark. If I didn't get the timney. The dave kit would have gone in it in a heartbeat . Mine is set a 2 lbs and snaps like glass. I'm sorry to hear your having problems . Mine will Shoot a 5p size group at 75 yrds when placed in gun vice. and perfect conditions.

I had to smile at this: "The 455 retains the accuracy and quality of the adjustable trigger". The trigger is about as basic as it gets, although it can be transformed for less than £20.

I have the 455 in a laminated TH stock. Accuracy wise it's OK - certainly on a par with most .22 lr's, although it does seem to prefer 'premium' ammunition to get the maximum accuracy out of it. I actually like to shoot in the 'thumb up' position, and I can't do that on the 455 - but the shop didn't have any sporter-stocked 455's.

The club I go to has a lot of CZ452's, and in hindsight I really should have bought one of them, because I am not overly impressed with the 455. The 452 is a much better action imho, and less ammo fussy than the 455. Oh well, we live and learn! :rolleyes::lol:

Guest stevo

The 455 like everything these days has been built by accountants to save money the quality is not as good as the 452

Yours might not be. But mine definitely is.

Guest stevo

Doesn't the 452 have two locking lugs and the 455 one?

David.

I will have a look later unless someone beats me to it. Edited by stevo