just killed my ferret

jimi_impreza

Jimi there is no other way to say this. You are a disgrace you should not be allowed to keep animals its diabolical what you have done. There is no excuse for it,you were a strange handler in a strange environment no wonder the hob tried to bite you. Instead of you handling the ferret till it was used to you and knew that you were not going to hurt it. You put the animal down.How you did it god only knows, but this is the worst post ive ever seen on this site and if you never showed your face again, it would be too soon as far as im concerned. I hope i leave you in no doubt about my feelings.

Guest Mr Pieman

Tip for the day - engage brain before using keyboard :/

Enough people have judged you for your actions so I won't. However, here's something to remember for the future. One of the best working ferrets I ever owned was a terrible biter. It drew blood on many occasions in its early days, once sending my mum to casualty with it still attached to her finger :*)

The simple solution was for everyone that handled it to wear a glove. When rabbiting everyone had a leather glove in their pocket that they could slip on if they needed to pick him up. It soon became routine - including when he was fed - and the inconvenience it caused was far outweighed by his ability to bolt rabbits better than any other ferret I've ever owned.

Ironically, he got far less nippy as he got older.

Looks like you've done yourself no favours on this occasion Jimi. That animal may well have been the best rabbiter you'll ever own. :):)

PP

PS You know when you've done something really bad 'cos you left YP so angry he refused to post a comment. That's a grave thing to do in anyone's book :P

I got two jills a while ago and you couldn't go near the polecat one without it biting you, so i never touched it for a while apart from cleaning out the hutch and petting it when it was feeding and after about two months it wouldn't touch you.

most ferrets bite m8 there well known for it you should of at least give it a couple of weeks and as for some of the other comments from other users theres some tossers on this site kick me off if yer like i cant be done with some of the ****ty remarks some of you come out with

Juddy, I see where you are coming from, but if you had a dog that wouldnt sit when you told it to the first few times you were training it would you kill it?

If you had a cat which scratched the curtains or the walls would you kill it???

No you wouldnt, if you were to get an animal as a pet you need to find out about it before you buy it. Any site on the internet or any documents concerning ferrets will in some way mention they bite. You cant just kill it because you decide you dont like it anymore.

It is nothing like killing for food, or vermin shooting really as if he had looked into keeping the animal before just deciding he wanted one then he would have found out about it. He could have taken it back to where he got it from?

Nice post Jim you have done hunting a lot of good. People like you we don't need on the site. Its bad press like this that has hunting in the state its in today

You could'nt hit a cow on the **** with a handful of peas