eLobby to repeal the Hunting Act

tomov

and me

sorry, should have said I meant these sort of posts !!!

mossy835, on 22 May 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:snapback.png

neil w, on 22 May 2015 - 8:38 PM, said:snapback.png

laugh.gif.pagespeed.ce.sMHP77OGvg.giflaugh.gif.pagespeed.ce.sMHP77OGvg.gif Do you really think this has a chance of a repeal, next up can we repeal handguns, please. hmm1.gif.pagespeed.ce.14qswzkL09.gif Think not.

+1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This, not these!!. sort of post really annoys me, "Why" Spanj. :lol:

It was definitely a these as there were 2 posts, yours and mossy835s :lol:

Why.......... Just the apathy really, handguns have already been picked off, lead ban looks likely, what next ? All aided and abetted by the it doesnt matter as it doesnt affect my type of shooting crowd.

Just the apathy really, handguns have already been picked off, lead ban looks likely, what next ? All aided and abetted by the it doesnt matter as it doesnt affect my type of shooting crowd.

Yep, but I also acknowledge that nothing we do can in this country can stand in the way of a government hell bent on pushing through legislation. It all depends how far people are prepared to go to stand up for a principle.

It was definitely a these as there were 2 posts, yours and mossy835s :lol:

Why.......... Just the apathy really, handguns have already been picked off, lead ban looks likely, what next ? All aided and abetted by the it doesnt matter as it doesnt affect my type of shooting crowd.

Why, because you will never get a "repeal". You're entitled to your opinion though mucker.

I used the write to them website and wrote my own letter. I highlighted the problems, the fact its not just the upper class and mounted hunts.

I pointed out pest control and why can we hunt rats and rabbits but not grey squirrels and mink, pointed out circumstances when a dog is safer than a gun and am awaiting a reply. The letter was better worded than my posts......

as are you mate. I'd just like to see all fieldsportsmen (& women) stick together

Its because we didn't that the hunting act happened, the media, the government and even the fieldsports organisations allowed everyone to feel it was just upper class mounted hunts that would be affected

This is the email I sent

:-

Dear Jon Trickett,

I am writing to ask your view point on the proposed repeal of the

hunting act.

I am a professional pest controller and if the hunting act is repealled

my working life would be easier.

The current legislation only allows rats and rabbits to be taken using

a dog. It is currently illegal to use a dog to catch a grey squirrel, a

fox or a mink all of which are serious pests and cause damage to

woodland, agricultural and horticultural concerns and damage british

wildlife and fauna. Using traps and firearms isn't always the safest or

best option. Some of the sites I work on are open to the public or have

other safety concerns making a trained dog the safest and most

effective option.

I feel that the hunting act was imposed under a misguided believe that

it was only a certain class of people who used dogs for hunting and has

caused untold difficulty for lots of professional people involved in

animal and pest control.

I would like the act repealled fully.

Yours sincerely,

Compo

- waiting for a response, I know a friend took a similar tact with his mp and changed that mp's opinion as he admitted a lack of knowledge

Sorry, can not/will not. Prior to the ban they had the support of we shooters. Despite many requests to stop making us look like a bunch of hoodlums leaving wounded and dieing foxes littering the countryside they persisted in claiming that unlike shooting they never wounded a fox - it either was caught and instantly dispatched or got away unscathed. Consequently, although I will do nothing to harm their case, I will not actively support it. I'll bet next week's pension that if the debate does kick off again do any degree, you'll hear more of the same.

That's fair enough. As much as I would like to, I can't argue with the sentiment behind that.

much as I'd like to I cant either.

Several letters in the local rag appeared using that argument. I called on each writer and explained my point of view - to no avail. BASC wanted us to sign a petition. I rang and explained why I would not. The guy I spoke to said that he'd heard quite a few similar points of view and would I sign if he promised to explain the situation to the CA. I took him at his word and signed. Again, no change. Now, I'm aware that two wrongs don't make a right but there's a point at which one's good nature and tolerance is stretched beyond its elastic limit. Mine has snapped.

Sorry, can not/will not. Prior to the ban they had the support of we shooters. Despite many requests to stop making us look like a bunch of hoodlums leaving wounded and dieing foxes littering the countryside they persisted in claiming that unlike shooting they never wounded a fox - it either was caught and instantly dispatched or got away unscathed. Consequently, although I will do nothing to harm their case, I will not actively support it. I'll bet next week's pension that if the debate does kick off again do any degree, you'll hear more of the same.

That's surely got to be a criticism of the CA rather than hunting with dogs!

Please support it, shooting is under attack, let's move the front line back away from shooting, get the act repealled and the anti's will move the battle line back to where it was and shooting wiLl be back behind the lines instead of on the front line.

We need unity

I sent the eLobby to the Labour MP, Chris Bryant,(who comes up as my local MP) and who I knew was totally anti everything to do with shooting/hunting etc. So I was not surprised at his reply:

Steve

I'm afraid I have long supported the ban and have already told other constituents that I will vote to keep it.

Yours

Chris

I thought we were asking that our MP's to vote on a basis of the evidence? not dogma or an emotional opinion formed years ago more than likely in ignorance!

Only a fool won't listen to reasoned arguement, Mr Bryant has obviously closed his mind!......and we all know......you can't argue with a closed mind.