WATCH your backs

Topgunners

To end this debate for ever.

Try and acquire your OWN land by approaching farmers in your own right.

Here is THE reason why pigeon controllers and pest controllers are very protective about their permissions/

had a member of this forum pop round and speak to my colleague and asked him how we were doing and unfortunately he not only commented about our most recent bag, but also where we shot them.

and lo and behold whilst we were at work he and a friend went and approached HIS farmer and went shooting pigeons on the same field we had been on.

:good:

DIRTY! DASTARDLY, BACK-STABBING TRICK that we HATE and never expected to happen.

P*****D my mate off big time.

The culprits know who they are but will never be invited or spoken to in our shooting circle as friends?:good:?? AGAIN.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:good::good:

Dave K

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, if the pigeons are still hitting this field hard what is the landowner supposed to do?

Wait until you are next available?

The owner of the land must have been bothered cos otherwise he would not have let him shoot his land if he was not a regular.

Correct or not?

The reason I have submitted this post is because I had a tear up this week with a Father & son team who shoot some of the ground I shoot. Cos they only shoot one day at the weekend every other week and I am in attendance 2 & 3 times a week they seemed to think I was spoiling their shooting. They were foolish enough to make this statement to the farm manager, who in return replied-

'What you think the control of pigeons on this land is here for you exclusively? I tell you what, I'll make you right- if I dont see you at least one day during the week as well as the one day at the weekend you're not coming at all- and thats fact- Oh and thats starting this week like it or not.

Be careful fella's, remember you only have exclusive rights if you own the land you shoot on!

Regards Starlight32

had a member of this forum pop round and speak to my colleague and asked him how we were doing and unfortunately he not only commented about our most recent bag, but also where we shot them.

this is where the problem lie,s lazy *** did not even do his own homework .

i only try and take photo,s of the ground as not to give away a location never no who,s watching .

gutted for you mate (should name and shame him )

There is no need to "name and shame", so we can have a playground scuffle.

99% of the members here won't know who he is talking about personally, anyway.

This is a matter between Topgunners and the people involved.

The general point of Dave's post is be careful who you invite on to "your" land and telling other people where you are shooting and how you are doing.

Most of us that have been shooting a long while, have had this experience.

Thats why you get some incredulous reactions when the BASC suggest we should share our pigeon shooting.

To end this debate for ever.

Try and acquire your OWN land by approaching farmers in your own right.

Here is THE reason why pigeon controllers and pest controllers are very protective about their permissions/

and lo and behold whilst we were at work he and a friend went and approached HIS farmer and went shooting pigeons on the same field we had been on.

:good:

DIRTY! DASTARDLY, BACK-STABBING TRICK that we HATE and never expected to happen.

P*****D my mate off big time.

The culprits know who they are but will never be invited or spoken to in our shooting circle as friends?:good:?? AGAIN.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:good::good:

Dave K

All this bad feeling could so easily been avoided by just getting together, if they had asked you what days you could not be on the fields and out of courtesy would you mind if they shot on those days. Remember the name of the game is crop protection and providing a service to your farmer.

What annoys me is when I build a perm hide, maybe taking 2/3 hrs bringing materials then someone uses it and leaves it trashed with empty cases and food wrappings, its a good job my farmers all know I pick up all my empty cases.

:good: D2D

Firstly…farmers don’t really give a damn who shoots (or just scares) the pigeons as long as they (the pigeons) don’t get his crops. Farmers agenda is different to ours.

Secondly IF you are lucky enough to gain your own permission THEN work at it to the best of your ability. Use it or lose it! It’s why ‘professional’ pigeon shooters get so much land to shoot over, they do it 24/7.

I can but sympathise with DK, when so-called friends are ready to backstab you in that way. It’s all to do with trust. If I took someone or mentioned to someone about my permissions and then found them going behind my back they’d a) no longer be welcome in my house, :good: get a good smack in the mouth and c) you’d all know who it was! I have no time for such people. Find your own you lazy good for nothing **** wipes! :good:

If I took someone or mentioned to someone about my permissions and then found them going behind my back they’d a) no longer be welcome in my house, :good: get a good smack in the mouth and c) you’d all know who it was! I have no time for such people. Find your own you lazy good for nothing **** wipes! :good:

Highlander please dont sit on the fence on this one :good:

Sorry to hear you got hood winked Dave, I just cant understand the short term view on this, in days the birds will move and the folk involved will have lost what sport they have enjoyed with you for the sake of shooting over a good bag area for a flight or two, I don’t think the lights are all on, no need to name and shame with a public fight, rise above it mate, but you would expect nothing less that a full apology from the culprits. Don’t reduce yourself to the same low level. I assume all they had to do was talk to you to get a legit result, ,,,what a disaster.

You have my every sympathy on this one. Just think what it's like for me administrating a Club with over 50 pigeon shooters, 20 odd different farmers and gamekeepers who collectively own or manage 25 to 30 different farms! Plus every other pigeon shooter in a 50 mile radius knocking on doors asking to shoot! You've got to have eyes in the back of your head.

There is no need to "name and shame", so we can have a playground scuffle.

99% of the members here won't know who he is talking about personally, anyway.

This is a matter between Topgunners and the people involved.

The general point of Dave's post is be careful who you invite on to "your" land and telling other people where you are shooting and how you are doing.

Most of us that have been shooting a long while, have had this experience.

Thats why you get some incredulous reactions when the BASC suggest we should share our pigeon shooting.

but what happens if you invite these people along to shoot with you as people do on here think they should be named for that reason alone NOT A WITCH HUNT imo :good:

I know every story has two sides but even so, I would be as equally annoyed if a mate of mine went behind my back. It wouldnt be so much the fact they shot on permission that I had gained but more the fact they didnt ask me in the first place. After all, mutual respect is what freindship is all about it, isnt it? :good:

Okay chaps, if there is to be no naming and shaming, then everyone needs to step up and post calling for naming and shaming, and via a process of elimination the culprits will be found out.

Might take a while though...

It wasn't me, that only leaves another 5,379 suspects. :good:

I have permission on 500 acres or so and the damn farmer would let anyone shoot if they knocked on his door and said "There are pigeon on your rape NOW, can I help out and keep them off".

This was in spite of me and friends cleaning ditches, killing rats and keeping his vermin register up to date, etc., etc., etc. Plus being on most parts of the farm every few days.

The only way that I could stop this was by paying for permission and saying to him "We pay for this and if you ring me we will sort it ASAP". We guarantee action within 48 hours at the most, and it has worked.

If I had a friend who did as has been described, then he would no longer be a friend......

BUTthere are people out there who do not give a damn and would say possession is 9/10 of the law.

An acquaintance is not a friend and someone to be trusted - trust has to be earned. The shooting community is fairly small, and the word would soon get round.

I am not saying that all vermin shooting has to be paid for - I also shoot on lots of other farms and give a bottle at Xmas (plus chocs for the wife).

Don