117 on peas

stuy

Due to ever increasing work commitments I have been a bit quiet of late but have been following the post's!

I got a call from a farmer friend who's getting a few pigeon on his peas, I had a reccy yesterday and with alot of pigeon traffic coming into the field from 3 lines , thought a good to be had .

arrived at the farm at 12pm and it was pouring with rain , sat in my van for 2 hrs ( bought a coffe and paper from petrol station ! ) set up on the flattened peas there was a large area that had a poor crop and I knew that I could pick the birds up here without damaging the peas, started with 12 shells and a raised flapper, 2x floaters shooting began at 2pm finished at 5,30pm and ran out of cartridges ( forgot to put a slab in van ) ! 150 shells fired for a pick up of 117 lost 6 in wheat adjacent a happy man indeed I maybe need to sought my priorities out because that was very therapeutic !

Thanks its good to be back, I took a bit more work than I could handle trying to pull back the 8 mnths I lost through injury! But it doesn't quite work like that ! As charlie says the pigeons have turned up in style here in Herefordshire so going to MAKE TIME !

Well done stuy , a nice way to spend a day off work , you need to reward yourself with a bit more of the same and your cartridge rate was very impressive when you take in account of your hand injury last year . By the way did it heal up with no long lasting problems ?.

I have got the Opposite problem , far to much shooting and not enough work , there you go , it wont last for ever and come to think of it nor will I :lol:

Must have been a busy session, possible with the rain keeping them off for a few hours helping? Good to get out....work:shooting balance is important!

An excellent result. :good:

Apart from being a bit flattened, what state are the peas at ?

The pigeons seem to have moved off the peas here , at the flat pods stage, and gone back on to laid cereals.

Your peas must have been late drilled if only flat pea stage. On my permission the peas were drilled early and have started to turn in colour and pigeons showing renewed interest in them, particularly where they have gone down.

The hand has healed to about 80 % of original strength and I've been told thats about what I can expect, no more so got to make a few adjustment s to the way I work, , the peas at the farm are ready for harvest beeing at a very critical stage losing peas just by brushing past, so had to be very careful , but noticed that as usual only certain pea fields are attracting pigeons some will never see pigeon attention even in what I call good pigeon territory