Black gold eject like *****

Has any-one else found they don't eject well at all, normally my carts shoot behind me 6 feet+ away, with these Gamebore BG it's lucky if they clear my arm.

Could it be they have a big metal base casing, or something else.

Could be something to do with the Gordons Recoil system the black gold carts use?

Why would you want your empties landing 6' behind you ???

Didn't say I did, just this is normally what happens ;-)

Common when changing from one brand to another with high brass get a chamber brush and polish your chambers if it's a problem for you

As said it dosent realy matter that much your picking them up anyway

All the best

Of

Will give this a go thanks.

Probably the high brass expanding and becoming a little tight . As long as they are coming out don't worry . Some self loaders don't like high brass shells .

Harnser

Could be the metal part slighty swelling when shot and causing a slight stick. Had a Pedretti hushpower non ejector fine with short brass parts cartridges but long brass part that was on magnums took more effort to pull out

Likely to be this.

It's just annoying having a warm cart roll down the back of your hand, ideally I like them clearing my body out the way.

Edited by born_2_kill

Yeah 30's are quite hurtful a good session leaves me with a bruise more often than not, 32+ I wouldn't like to go there. You know you've done a couple of rounds of skeet with 28's as well, all good fun though.

However Gamebore Black gold have a recoil reduction thingy in their 30's and this is much better believe it or not. Might give 32's a go come pheasant season.

I've not had a problem with them myself and TBH If I could afford them I would shoot them all the time!

The 28gr #6 load in 12g is fantastic and for a few years (before the price shot up) was my go to cartridge. I did actually go up to 32gr #5 for a while but that was total overkill for clays hehe, but it certainly did dust them even out to pretty long ranges!

I'm using Gamebore Velocity 28gr #7.5 now as these are pretty reasonably priced and do a good job.