Insuring a second vehicle??

BangBangNik

Afternoon all, I have recently been looking into getting a 4x4 for driving to/from and around the shoot. I already have a family car that is cheap to run and I'm not looking to replace that. Trouble is my no claims can only be used on one car so therefore I will be starting a fresh with the 4x4 and that makes insuring the thing too expensive. Anybody have any tips on how to avoid having my pants pulled down with the insurence?

Thanks

Nik

Read the small print as driving down farm tracks or around fields is classed as off roading.Avoid flux robbed me of £96 as I paid for there policy online £205 Never left nothing out,then they called to bump it up £102.I said stuff it they said £96 to cancel the policy thanks.

ASDA insurance, modified lift,off road declared £174 fully comp.

Edited by Davyo

Read the small print as driving down farm tracks or around fields is classed as off roading.Avoid flux robbed me of £96 as I paid for there policy online £205 Never left nothing out,then they called to bump it up £102.I said stuff it they said £96 to cancel the policy thanks.

ASDA insurance, modified lift,off road declared £174 fully comp.

And yet my private 4x4, registered at my home farm address, has no such clause. Such a clause would make my home inaccesable by motor..

Admiral Multicar policy advertise put as many cars as you like on one policy., never used them so don't know how good the deal is.

Im with Admiral multi car got my shooting truck and another good range rover on it adding my bmw when its insurance runs out, you can start with 1 motor and add another when its insurance is due, good value but never had a claim so dont know what they are like for paying out

Ray

Get a separate policy, or do you have a wife/partner you live with they have the car in their name on a policy and your a named driver?

I thought of that....... But my wife has never had her own insurence so they wanted £1500 to insure her on our 52 plate 1.7 diesel astra!!!!!!!

Have had a look at these multi car policies but it pretty much works out the same as doing it separately.

Had a real laught the other day........to insure a 1.3 jimney it was coming in at nearly £800, to insure a 2.5 defender it was £230!