Remove your poppy or else

gemini52

My wife called into a local pub today for a coffee and a chat with a friend,standing at the bar she over heard a lady next to her telling someone that her daughter had gone to school wearing a poppy and her friend had a wrist band on,a teacher told the two children that if they dont remove the poppy and band that they would kept in for detention,as they would offend the muslim students,words fail me,why do we pander to the do gooders like this.

There are dozens of similar stories like this and do you know-i dont think they ever happened. Im not saying your wife misheard of anything like that,but im really sceptical about a school ordering a child to remove a poppy. Chinese whispers where a casual conversation gets overheard and exagerated maybe,but more likely it was purley invented.

There are dozens of similar stories like this and do you know-i dont think they ever happened. Im not saying your wife misheard of anything like that,but im really sceptical about a school ordering a child to remove a poppy. Chinese whispers where a casual conversation gets overheard and exagerated maybe,but more likely it was purley invented.

My thoughts exactly.

Edit to add that some schools have a strict uniform policy where no jewelry, wristbands, symbols or badges are allowed, so anyone wearing help for heroes wristbands, poppies, or save the whale badges would be asked to remove them. It is highly unlikely it has anything whatsoever to do with political correctness, Muslims, Hindus or even Scientologists.

Edited by FalconFN

My wife got into conversation with this lady and yes it did happen,when i was at school poppys were on sale,and every pupil was expected to wear one and rightly so

My wife called into a local pub today for a coffee and a chat with a friend,standing at the bar she over heard a lady next to her telling someone that her daughter had gone to school wearing a poppy and her friend had a wrist band on,a teacher told the two children that if they dont remove the poppy and band that they would kept in for detention,as they would offend the muslim students,words fail me,why do we pander to the do gooders like this.

Did they mention the name of the school ? :rolleyes::rolleyes: It DIDN'T happen.

I heard that pound land had banned staff from wearing a poppy in case it offended some of its customers.but had backed down after complaints from staff and customers.

they probably found that a poppy was more durable, better looking, and much better value than the stuff they sell

True or NOT, the school my Daughters attend are happy for Poppies to be worn and also sold from a charity box at the school reception. I strongly expect this story is UNTRUE.

Did they mention the name of the school ? :rolleyes::rolleyes: It DIDN'T happen.

so are you of the opinion that the op is telling fibs or do you think there maybe racist overtones here ? :whistling:

Edited by bostonmick