Sign in to follow this  
pigeon controller

Naked Hide

I've been requested to show my hide set up minus the hide, so here goes, the brolly centre spike is pushed into the ground firmly and the height adjusted. I'm just under six foot so I've set it so I can step back under it for this demonstration. The two side supports are positioned so they can be hooked onto the ribs of the brolly with the hooks protruding so you can hold them in position with the hide net wrapped around it. The two front poles are positioned so you can step forward to shoot from under the brolly, these can be supported by guy ropes if required to put tension on the set up with the centre guy rope of the brolly secured at the rear. The side support hooks are made from old line prop end that have been drilled and tapped the 3/8 BSF to fit the thread of the five foot extending fishing rod rest poles or storn side poles . Stormside adaptors could be fitted but I believe in " Make and Mend"

I hope this helps to explain the set up.

100_2566_zpspsa83zlt.jpg

100_2567_zps9mfiyqwc.jpg

100_2570_zpsexz7bdj3.jpg

A useful post PC, thanks for sharing your secrets with us. Have you ever used this set up as a field [stand alone] hide or do you only use it against a background?

A useful post PC, thanks for sharing your secrets with us. Have you ever used this set up as a field [stand alone] hide or do you only use it against a background?

It works well in the centre of fields you just have to stake the centre of the brolly down well.

If you see my post. " Early Morning Crows" that was set up between fields on a wire fence.

Edited by pigeon controller

These might provide a better solution to connecting the pole to the brolly.

http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/gardner-storm-caps

As I said in the text you can use storm caps but I've found that the hide keeps slipping off the edge of the brolly but with the hooks in enables you too wrap it round and hold it in position in high winds. Thanks for the reply.

So you did, I missed that and true enough the hooks would allow the net to be hung from them.

As I said in the text you can use storm caps but I've found that the hide keeps slipping off the edge of the brolly but with the hooks in enables you too wrap it round and hold it in position in high winds. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for that PC. Never used a brolly yet for shooting, but xmas is coming and I was thinking about one of these. Would welcome your views Guys, sensible or otherwise! Cheers. http://www.ngtdirect.co.uk/#!product/prd1/3000922471/50"-camo-storm-brolly-with-sides

Not sure from the advert if it has a tilt mechanism. The storm sides would be useful to stop rain coming in from the base .

I have a storm brolly for my fishing exploits and this does not tilt but has the provision to remove the centre pole so you can put bedchair under it. I would contact the seller and ask if it has a tilt .

Having used a Fishing umbrella today, I am a convert. Warm, dry, and easy to set up. Mine is the type that has no centre pole but has 2 side poles to support. 50" Camo for about £20. Bargain. Thanks for the tip.

Hamish.

Having used a Fishing umbrella today, I am a convert. Warm, dry, and easy to set up. Mine is the type that has no centre pole but has 2 side poles to support. 50" Camo for about £20. Bargain. Thanks for the tip.

Hamish.

Have you got a link for this ?

Hamish.

I'm glad the post helped.

I just put my order in for one of these also. Xmas treat as said before. I also fish occasionally so has multiple uses.

Cheers.

Try this

http://www.thesportshq.com/ultra-50-camo-carp-fishing-shelter-with-side.aspx

Edited by Styla247

This arrived next day, it looks to be good quality and is big enough at the 50inches, perfect with a net in the front. There's enough space to sit in there out of the elements. Cheers to the OP for idea and Hamish for the product.

12_img_6737.jpg

Click on the picture for a bigger view, its come out the wrong way around, seems that image site is a bit ****..

Edited by dannyboy