bt broardband option 1

kody

Anyone on this I ask because we had a email from BT saying we have close to our broadband usage and we have used 6gb this month and we only paid our BT bill last week so don't seem right we have recently bought 2tablets me and the Mrs as well as the computer so would the tablets make a difference if both using them for the reason of this usage

Read the small very small print with BT re unlimited ' doesn't meant totally unlimited' .Got caught out on that one with BT myself even the adviser said it was totally unlimited! I went with Sky and it TOTAL UNLIMITED & that's 3 of us on the net most nights.

Edited by Davyo

Simple answer is the tablets probably are making the difference. Best option is to call them and see when your contract is up and what upgrades are available. If you are out of contract then you can see if you are happy with the price or you can put in with a different supplier to change. By will then call and they can offer better deals, we have phone TVs and unlimited fibre with them for £33 a month

i got free bt last year free for a year with an allowance of 10GB a month but i dont connect to my broadband i conect to bt wifi with fon, whatever that is,just means im not using my usage so never go over, but think it runs out in jan so will be looking to sort some new provider out, got a bt phone line so could i just switch to plusnet,

sorry for the hijack FC

id say yes, any one/machine using your internet connection will be using your allowance, but if you have unlimited broadband and there saying your near your usage at 6Gb id be telling them where to go, i get 10GB a month free so unlimited should be unlimited, how can unlimited not mean unlimited, :no:

I don't think the op had said he is on unlimited package. He is probably on the 10gb/month package and the 6gb e-mail is a warning that he is getting close. If it is calculated on a calendar month then he is unlikely to go over 10gb for the month.

I don't think the op had said he is on unlimited package. He is probably on the 10gb/month package and the 6gb e-mail is a warning that he is getting close. If it is calculated on a calendar month then he is unlikely to go over 10gb for the month.

Yes that what I'm saying think we got to many machines in the house taking it up

Yes that what I'm saying think we got to many machines in the house taking it up

The 'machines' don't just use it up on their own and general web browsing doesn't use that much. Are you watching tv programmes, Netflix or YouTube etc? These obviously use more.

I would find out what date range the 10gb limit applies to. If it for the calendar month (1st to 31st) and you got the 6gb warning message recently then it is unlikely that you will go over the limit.