If I won the lottery I'd.........

Glenlivet

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, I would spend the time learning stuff.

With that amount of money you could afford the best private tutors to come in and educate you on all manner of things.

I'd like to learn a couple of languages, learn more about physics and astronomy, learn electronics and a musical instrument, learn how to strip and rebuild my land rover and then go on to restore several. The list is endless, and along with seeing the world, there is much to keep you occupied.

I never understood people that win and then get bored or their lives goes into melt down. Some people have no imagination.

With that amount of money you could afford the best private tutors to come in and educate you on all manner of things.

I'd like to learn a couple of languages, learn more about physics and astronomy, learn electronics and a musical instrument, learn how to strip and rebuild my land rover and then go on to restore several. The list is endless, and along with seeing the world, there is much to keep you occupied.

I never understood people that win and then get bored or their lives goes into melt down. Some people have no imagination.

Me too, great post. I'd struggle to get onto courses without actually still working, but I'd do the same, philosophy, virology,

I'd give the wife £1000 in cash and tell her to go mad in primark for the day .... While she was out I'd pack ring a taxi and fly to Monaco ... Where I'd spend the rest of my days eating fine foods , drinking gallons of fine wine whilst always on the look out for attractive women with low self asteem ....

Back of the net !

I'd give the wife £1000 in cash and tell her to go mad in primark for the day .... While she was out I'd pack ring a taxi and fly to Monaco ... Where I'd spend the rest of my days eating fine foods , drinking gallons of fine wine whilst always on the look out for attractive women with low self asteem ....

Back of the net !

Sounds scarily as if you've thought about this before.......

Never work again ,but would love to learn to fly a helicopter ,do HGV 1 ,learn to dive ,learn proper French and German <not the dribble i know>,Buy the Rigby rifle er indoors doesnt want me to have in 308 and 416 just to annoy her .Then get the son,s m8 to build my custom interior for transporting my new toy,s in the back of my new Isuzu <he does oak for Range rovers>.Take all the grandkids to the real Disneyland .And like everyone else buy a few acres of land so i have my own perm and i better not abuse it or il throw myself off :lol:

I've thought about this quite a lot because obviously it is going to happen! I'd go to Aussie, buy a big motorhome and tour the entire country over an open-ended period of time. It would take years and I would use the time to find a place I'd want to settle. The fishing and hunting would have to be good. I'd buy a decent boat and a berth and a small house.

I've thought about this quite a lot because obviously it is going to happen! I'd go to Aussie, buy a big motorhome and tour the entire country over an open-ended period of time. It would take years and I would use the time to find a place I'd want to settle. The fishing and hunting would have to be good. I'd buy a decent boat and a berth and a small house.

Actually it wouldn't take as long as you think. I've toured Aus twice, first time for 6 months on a motorbike and the second for 6 months in a camper van.

North to south and east to west very few roads, even round the edge isn't as populated as you might think. My favourite would be southern Queensland - Townsville/Atherton tablelands. No real winter but not the stinking hot/wet summers. But then there are the crocs, box jellyfish, snakes, spiders ........

Actually it wouldn't take as long as you think. I've toured Aus twice, first time for 6 months on a motorbike and the second for 6 months in a camper van.

North to south and east to west very few roads, even round the edge isn't as populated as you might think. My favourite would be southern Queensland - Townsville/Atherton tablelands. No real winter but not the stinking hot/wet summers. But then there are the crocs, box jellyfish, snakes, spiders ........

I could make it last years :)

I've done 3 x 3-4 week road trips so far, Perth to Esperance; Cairns and further north and Cairns and further south.

I could make it last years :)

I've done 3 x 3-4 week road trips so far, Perth to Esperance; Cairns and further north and Cairns and further south.

I've crossed the Nullabor twice, once on a motorbike. The longest straight is 146km (96 miles). Did you go to Jonno's bar in Cairns? The toad racing is something to behold ;-)

Find 40 6-feet-tall intelligent(there's the problem) blondes and put them all in the family way so as to have enough sons to form a rugby team. Would have to finance 2 complete classes in a good school. I assume it's Euromillions jackpot that is being talked about.

Find 40 6-feet-tall intelligent(there's the problem) blondes and put them all in the family way so as to have enough sons to form a rugby team. Would have to finance 2 complete classes in a good school. I assume it's Euromillions jackpot that is being talked about.

That's a productive sh*g once every 9.125 days.

Respect, big man -:))

I'd love ya to win Mick to see if that's what you would seriously do :lol: I would employ an 18yr old young lady as a translator, employ a decent electrician that isn't colour blind and buy lots and lots of nearly new landies of different creeds. This would then allow you loads of time to bum around the world with your translator sitting in a hammock on exotic beaches learning the guitar. Luckily I did the later in me late teens but lonely planet phrase book instead translator. I did get a free lucky dip last week, was going to part exchange for Wales but no I will take me chances :lol:

I assume we're talking a couple of million lottery win?

I'd buy a nice little cottage somewhere with a bit of land.

Don't need a ridiculous house, something smallish but nice and cosy stuck out the way somewhere with a couple of fields to stick a few cows and horses in and a nice sizeable patch of woodland to keep me busy.

And a little stream. Has to have a little stream.

The rest of the money I'd be productive with either by investing or starting a little business up, once I've seen that my family are alright for a few quid of course.