Just finished this....

Scully

Great artwork there Scully. I think the pictures are intriguing - my initial thought was 'why a tap and a little car', (my mind trying to be 'linear' and conform to the 'norm') but then I kept looking back and then I re-opened the thread to look back again...

I'd happily having something like this on a wall in my house, just because you'd walk past and take a moment to think a bit 'different' for a few minutes.

That's what i love about art.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuinely thought this was a picture at first ... outstanding

Must admit first look I did wonder why the big deal about putting a tap on a wall, people been doing that for years without too much fuss, then I twigged it a picture....... great work. :good:

:) I can't clean 'em, they would lose their appeal. :)

i know im only pullin yer plonker.................i am truly in awe..........i use pastels badly using the side of my thumb.......but that still life stuff....is so detailed...like the old dutch still life masters....where you can see a reflection of a window in a dew drop......

really impressed...... :yes::yes: .....hope you will post your next one please........

Excellent work Scully, if I didn`t know it was a drawing I could easily confuse it with it being a photograph. Stunning detail.

Many thanks. I did them to scale so it's quite a big painting, which helps with the detail of course, but I didn't go too far over the top. I can admire the skill in photo-realism but don't really see the point.

if you went into a scrap yard with your wife and a few crayons ................she would be the only person to come out................

:yes: I have spent many a happy hour in scrap yards and painted all manner of once splendid vehicles sadly beyond help. :unhappy: