Door knackerated

Sha Bu Le

Came down stairs at 6 this a.m. to find this. Police have been took statements looked around and knocked on a few neighbours doors. Waiting for soco and the burglary team to arrive.

Whoever did it I sincerely hope he gets green willy rot.

At least they did not gain entry.

post-24209-0-52261500-1463480453_thumb.jpg

post-24209-0-06182600-1463480454_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sha Bu Le

Blow torched by ???,surprised your smoke alarm didnt kick off with the smell.We went to view a ground floor flat and the radiators were on the floor all copper pipes ripped out by drug scum the police said.The window locks were drilled in a certain place which opens them just so and the retard lived in the same block his standard method of entry .Taught him to carp on his own doorstep as they lifted him the same day.Hope they catch the son of a motherless goat atb

That's not very nice to find first thing in the morning.

Apologies for my ignorance (as a non burglar) but what was the objective: to melt the lock out or expose enough of the glass unit so it could levered out?

Seems like it would be a bit noisy.

Also as a non toe rag I think the aim was to remove enough plastic to take the window out. Young girl who works in the local off door was done a while back.They took a pane of glass out and dropped it, she never heard a thing.

Blow torched by ???,surprised your smoke alarm didnt kick off with the smell.We went to view a ground floor flat and the radiators were on the floor all copper pipes ripped out by drug scum the police said.The window locks were drilled in a certain place which opens them just so and the retard lived in the same block his standard method of entry .Taught him to carp on his own doorstep as they lifted him the same day.Hope they catch the son of a motherless goat atb

Smoke alarms are inside the house, blow torch was done outside ergo no detection of smoke inside.

Was the key in the door on the other side? Tbh i dont see the point when you can just do the lock in without making too much noise.

No, we take them upstairs when we go to bed.

We're just having our doors replaced so or you come round you can have one

Very kind of you VMax but Wilts is a wee bit too far.

Thanks for all of your comments fellas but apologies to Burnley Dave.

Must say however Mrs SBL is very shook up, we have dug the timer switches out and will set a couple on table lamps to go off at differing intervals through the night.

Big dog may be the answer but not a small yappy dog.

When we had our Tammy this would not have happened. She was very protective of the house and gipsies hated her. Yet we had a complaint re a "savage dog" (ours) RSPCarp arrived.

Outlined their case, we had a neighbour In at the time who had a yorkie. Wife gave it a chew stick then asked someone to take it off it, chaos. Yorkie going daft ("its mine its mine etc)

Wifey gave Tammy a chew stick and while it was still inn Tammy's mouth she knelt down and with her own mouth took the chew stick off Tammy. RSPCA was then told to do one.

Edited by Sha Bu Le

Pay you to put a smoke alarm in the entrance then m8,the scud may come back and a high pitched alarm kicking off should deter the creep ,and one of them ir activated lights by the door .We got lights along the fence after Transit van gentlemen tried to "buy" my trailer and came back 3 or 4 times just parking in our carport as people do when its not their house :hmm:

Pay you to put a smoke alarm in the entrance then m8,the scud may come back and a high pitched alarm kicking off should deter the creep ,and one of them ir activated lights by the door .We got lights along the fence after Transit van gentlemen tried to "buy" my trailer and came back 3 or 4 times just parking in our carport as people do when its not their house :hmm:

It was the back door which opens into the kitchen so a smoke alarm in a kitchen would not be a good idea. Anyhoos when soco arrived yesterday they got a decent finger print out of the soot on the glass. Hopefully the perp will be on file and will get lifted.

Don't think you need time in prison, just google 'snapping, bumping lock double glazed door.

That is one route but anti bump euro cylinders are a common replacement

There are four or five common ways but it's not my intention to teach them

After owning a double glazing and conservatory firm I saw them all but never a successful burn in

I am sure if you tried hard enough like...

If anyone wants to change their cylinder btw it's one screw generally

All good locksmiths or trade fittings firms can supply keyed alike or anti bump cylinders

A note

Panic locks are not insurance compatible at present but there are moves about to make them compulsory as they're in many countries for fire escape

Leaving the key in the door inside likewise no cover on insurance

After owning a double glazing and conservatory firm I saw them all but never a successful burn in

Ive boarded up loads years ago before the panels were "reinforced" with mdf, when it was just plastic and foam they were a thieves dream, they used to run a blow lamp round them in no time and get in. They are harder to burn through now with even the minimum 4mm mdf inbetween the leaves. I do see lots of "interesting" ways that the scrotes apply to gain entry.

Had a door company around yesterday insurance company appointed. Need a new door (obviously) and a new frame as they damaged that with a tool of some kind. Insurance will cover the bulk of the cost but it will cost us £250 excess.

Still waiting for CID to come.

Had a door company around yesterday insurance company appointed. Need a new door (obviously) and a new frame as they damaged that with a tool of some kind. Insurance will cover the bulk of the cost but it will cost us £250 excess.

Still waiting for CID to come.

Get the old door and frame replaced and send it to them!