BASC... today??

Rumour? Gossip? Truth? Partial truth? None of it is good for the shooting community. Even if the org is a waste of time. If there is a bit of a problem let's hope that it is sorted and better days are ahead and a more effective org rises to represent shooters interest. These rumours might have been started by antis so it is down to the org to respond and clarify the truth. Sooner rather than later before the cause is lost by default.

They probably fell out on money issues. after all this is all they care about, especially the northern division...

I'm still happy with Colin Sheddon and his team

My renewal papers dropped through the letter box just the other day. I will be renewing.

On a separate topic Psyxologos.. If you've a couple of thousand Euros to spare, fancy joining us? ...Early December, N-W Poland, 3 days on driven boar.

Like or dilike the BASC all this speculation on an open forum does nothing for the community we represent!

David.

Hope David is alright,hes usually pretty quick on these BASC threads to update the PW on whats being said but he could be on holiday or very busy.

Seems to have been on last night and very very surprised that he didnt either put this thread to bed or confirm there is something in it but he might somehow of missed it altogether.

Edited by sako751sg

Alisdair Mitchell for one. I have great faith in BASC for fighting for shooting sports and think in general they do a good job.

Blackpowder

Always wondered if this is the same AM,maybe you know.

And whatever ive seen written by him has always been very pleasing to the eye.

I`ve never met him but I`m told Alasdair is a jolly decent chap, who recently resigned.

It happens all the time in any industry.

Any undisputed facts about what might or might not be happening at t`Mill would be most welcome.Otherwise lets wait until Tuesday when staff are back at work following the Bank Holiday.

As another contributor pointed out, all this guesswork and speculation is fit only for gossiping fish wives is damaging to the sport.

Let`s wait until we know the truth.

Edited by mudpatten

I think AM resigned some time ago, at least as far back as last year, but am happy to be corrected. I always enjoyed his logical telling it how it is style of writing when he represented the NGO and was very disappointed when he left them for BASC.

Uk Shooting News, which I`ve never heard of before is an online blog written by professional journalist Gaz Corfield. If you take a look at his home page he is happy to offer his services to the media for comment on a number of shooting disciplines.

Having read his stuff I can`t help but think that, like so many of that "profession" he`s only too happy to spice up a story for his own ends.

Alasdair Mitchell`s logical telling of how it is can still be found in The Shooting Times under the pen name of Sharpshooter.