Heads up Tomorrow Night

SuperGoose75

Wish they wouldn't put this stuff on mainstream as its just stirs up bad press.Those that are interested can find stuff like this on Youtube or other channels, normal Joe public will complaining to Channel 4 for weeks.Or is that Channel 4's agenda?

Edited by Davyo

Wish they wouldn't put this stuff on mainstream as its just stirs up bad press.Those that are interested can find stuff like this on Youtube or other channels, normal Joe public will complaining to Channel 4 for weeks.Or is that Channel 4's agenda?

I believe there is definitely some sort of agenda to stir up an anti shooting response.

Not sure how this will play out tonight

But on channel 4, the women who kill lions

Might be worth a watch

9pm

Already getting plenty of bad press before its even been viewed, wish BASC or the likes had the power to challenge C4 not to air it.Its not what anyone wants to see, but those that want to view Trophy hunting can do so on the likes of Youtube ect.Only one agenda here in my eyes by putting it on national TV.

It will depend how much of the conservation angle they push. There is a very good argument for sustainable big game hunting and probably far more morall defendable than driven pheasant shooting

Must admit (possibly pre judging) but advert seem all to be yanks so ur probably going to be talking about more 'canned' type hunting which is exactly wot the tv want to stir up negative emotion.

An unbaised tv show where a hunter lives in a basic tent and walks/tracks for days to shoot a lion sadly does not make good tv ratings

It's either ok to shoot a lion or not.

I was trying to emphisis there is a big difference in my opinion between something that is fair chase or in very large enclosures tracking it over a few days; to turning up to sit in a hide at a waterhole/bail station and some pet lion comes out to be shot 10 mins later

More regulated sustainable trophy hunting could pay for a lot of anti poaching and research teams and puts a value on the animal for the locals, which at moment the only value they have is on the black market for body parts and they get paid a pittance for it

So it's ok to shoot lions if you rough it a bit?

If there's an economic argument for a rich American to shoot a moth eaten lion,I'm happy with that.

The farm I stayed at in Africa breeds lions for the game farms. A large male is worth $25000 to them. More money than in the farming. The large kudu were incredibly expensive.

The big question is,does the money go back into conservation or just line fat cats pockets. They may not even mention conservation as one of the women is allegedly made her monies buy her family being involved in organised crime and drugs.I think we are going to see a very bad picture painted tonight.

Would hope to think I'm wrong but it just seem a bit Mmm,well it is Ch4.

Edited by Davyo

I think this programme is certainly aimed at provoking reaction and interest from the General Public. As in per programme title...The Woman who Kill Lions..!

Like would Woman trophy Hunters not have been enough..?

I just know this programme will be discussed on a popular Radio talk Show over here tomorrow morning.

1st 15mins exactly what I thought,kid using his air rifle as a walking stick,randomly firing into the air not even looking. When he was he managed to shoot a Robin (must not be protected )And the bintwith the tattoos hasnt even got started yet.God help us.

Edited by Davyo

I don't see the attracion either. In probably the same way as an anti doesn't see the appeal in shooting rabbits or foxes. If it was illegal they would be persecuted. Its not, they aren't.

The repulsive comments made to them by cowards on social media sums it up.

Would it be better if they were ugly and only shot warthogs ?

I totally see why lions etc are shot but to shoot a bear saying you wanted a lovely rug is plain wrong.

Lions etc . They have an old Alfa male shooting blanks and needs getting rid off so people offer to shoot it for £10k etc.

The lions can breed without being attacked.

The locals get paid

The locals eat the meat.

I can see all sides but I'm not into pictures bragging .

This is just my view tho

Oh and the kid shooting a robin really didn't help the case. No respect for guns.

Edited by team tractor

I see where you are coming from but in Alaska it's a very serious offence to "harvest" any animal be it bear or moose and not recover and use the carcass. The fines are suitably harsh - you harvest it you use the meat, the head, the hide.