cartridges..........

this post should be in the other section......

A while ago i decieded to change back to No 7.....motty said i wouldnt go far wrong using Fiocchi....thats fine for the sxs 28gm #7 plasi-wad...but im now using the auto more and would like to use a heavier load 1oz1/16 (a normal size cartridge) 30gm....but fiocchi dont do that in plasi-wad

can anyone reccomend me a 30gm #7 plasi-wad......that they use regular in the field on pigeons......

There are a few , Eley pigeon select , gamebore clear pigeon to name two .

Fiocchi do make a 30 gram load , I use Fiocchi pigeon 32 which is a 32 gram load but they also do one called PL30 which is a 30 gram.

Edited by fenboy

There are a few , Eley pigeon select , gamebore clear pigeon to name two .

Fiocchi do make a 30 gram load , I use Fiocchi pigeon 32 which is a 32 gram load but they also do one called PL30 which is a 30 gram.

but what i see on just carts...the 30's and 32's gm are fibre wad........!!

Ditchy ol' buoy.

I've got a few boxes of Express Super Game 32. Surprisingly they are 32g of English No 7 shot, 70mm, plastic wad. Supreme pigeon killers in the right hands.

If you have the time and inclination to take a look at my robin disc cutter we might be able to sort something?

Ditchy ol' buoy.

I've got a few boxes of Express Super Game 32. Surprisingly they are 32g of English No 7 shot, 70mm, plastic wad. Supreme pigeon killers in the right hands.

If you have the time and inclination to take a look at my robin disc cutter we might be able to sort something?

A bit of Norfolk barter :good:

Why do you want a bigger load, Ditch?

to quite honest i havnt got a concrete reason.......28gm have always been a nice round to fire out of the sxs...providing they wernt too pokey............now that i use the auto more..its just a numbers thing..28-30gms means more pellets in #7...............i was seduced 5 or 6 years ago into using size 6...based on one days pigeonshooting in a strong wind and fast high birds...i had run out of carts and my mate gave me a couple of boxes of 6's........did well and pulled out some very high birds.............so after 25 or so years of using 7's i was seduced just on the basis of one good afternoons shooting..............and quite honestly my ratio since then has got worse......

i have never used 30 gm 7's as i know with the sxs they be would be a bit much for me after 50-70 shots....but as i said im using the auto more an more now....so it is really a calculation.......a look see...........what if ...sort of thing

to quite honest i havnt got a concrete reason.......28gm have always been a nice round to fire out of the sxs...providing they wernt too pokey............now that i use the auto more..its just a numbers thing..28-30gms means more pellets in #7...............i was seduced 5 or 6 years ago into using size 6...based on one days pigeonshooting in a strong wind and fast high birds...i had run out of carts and my mate gave me a couple of boxes of 6's........did well and pulled out some very high birds.............so after 25 or so years of using 7's i was seduced just on the basis of one good afternoons shooting..............and quite honestly my ratio since then has got worse......

i have never used 30 gm 7's as i know with the sxs they be would be a bit much for me after 50-70 shots....but as i said im using the auto more an more now....so it is really a calculation.......a look see...........what if ...sort of thing

I only just realised you wanted 30 grams of 7s scratch all my suggestions , that will cost you as it is normally only some of the premium game loads available in that .

That two grams really is not going to make much difference though !

Guest stevo

I have just picked up a Lincoln sxs and just had a go with hull comp X in 24 gram 7.5 and there ******* awesome just had 4 woodies for 5 shots. Bonus the blooming cheep as well

I have just picked up a Lincoln sxs and just had a go with hull comp X in 24 gram 7.5 and there ******* awesome just had 4 woodies for 5 shots. Bonus the blooming cheep as well

i did for a short while use winchester 24gm......they were excellent really surprised me and soft but fast.....thought ..this was the cartridge for me ..................then they stopped making them...

i was using them on driven partridge .....not high up sky birds driven off a cliff....just very fast ones bursting over hedgrows....no time to think point and shoot stuff...sometimes you were pulling the trigger before the butt was fully in your shoulder...so the winchester were very forgiving .

Edited by ditchman

It seems like you are sold on small shot for pigeons. Shame some folk still don't realise how effective it can be.

Ditch, stick to your 28gm 7. Go up a notch in choke and forget about the extra 2 grams.

Guest stevo

It seems like you are sold on small shot for pigeons. Shame some folk still don't realise how effective it can be.

Ditch, stick to your 28gm 7. Go up a notch in choke and forget about the extra 2 grams.

You betcha motty

Hull pro one 28 gram 7.5 for trap comp and Hull comp X for 24 gram 7.5 for woodies in the SxS.

Nuff said.

Edited by stevo

okay i will order up a slab of fiocchi 28/7.............i will let you know how i get on............