Which Wellies ?

station

Hi All,

Need a new pair of wellies - must have full length zip.

Currently have normal Aigle Parcours 2 Iso's which are good but I struggle to get my foot in them, hence the need for zip-ups.

So my questions are -

Has anyone any experience with zip up Aigles?

Any other makes that are good or you care to recommend?

Seen Harkila ones (love their pro hunter boots) but read bad things about their wellies splitting - they may be better now.

Not too bothered about cost so long as good.

Thanks for any advice.

As mentioned on here previously both my wife and myself had Seelands and they fell to pieces within half a year and Seeland didn't want to know. They are now history as far as we are concerned.

I shopped around halfway through last shooting season and found some half neoprene BOGS and they are still doing the job. In fact they are a bit too warm at times. They don't zip up as requested but are not difficult to get on and off.

Edited by Walker570

Not zip ups but having had a lot of brands over the years and spending a small fortune the best by far have been grubs neoprene circa £80. Used everyday on a farm and for 2seasons shooting and still mint and watertight. Vibram sole hardly worn. Might be worth having a look to see if they do a zip up variety

Ive had the Aigle Prestige , leather lined and full zip for coming up to 5 years.

Excellent boot, very comfortable, Cool in the warmer weather and I use the Aigle fleece socks in the really cold weather making them nice and toasty.

Would buy again but still like new!!

Edited by Cosd

You get so many different views and people use boots so differently, mine go beating, shooting and do a few miles most days with the dogs. Only a couple of months in the summer when they get left. Even with this level of use I tend to get 3 years or so from le chameau and really that's fine as the soles show serious wear by then. There were quality concerns voiced by many but no sign of them here and mine do get a hammering

Avoid 6mm neoprene lined Sealand zip up boots, the zip backing peeled away from the boot within 6 months, known problem. Sealand UK weren't interested in replacing them. Lucky for me I bought them from Uttings, after a tussle with them to get a full refund, went down to route of claiming the cost back form my Credit Card company.

Dunlop budgetmaster. I can pick up 10 pairs at least for the cost of 1 decent pair haha also I can't afford them haha

I'm with you. I bought some price masters last year and they're still growing strong. I used them daily in the winter, not bad for a tenner. I had hunters before but the grip on the soles was useless, it was like walking on glass.

Dunlop budgetmaster. I can pick up 10 pairs at least for the cost of 1 decent pair haha also I can't afford them haha

This is my view too, all wellies are terrible why spend loads of money on them, buy cheap if you hole them its a fiver gone just dig the spare pair out the shed and replace them.

A number of years ago I tore ligaments on the sole of my foot right off the bone. At the hospital, i was asked if I played sports professionally. I don't, so they wouldn't operate to reattach them. As a result I have to be very careful about shoes and boots. I prefer good leather boots, but if wellies are required then I need the expensive ones with a good sole.

Dunlops wouldn't cut it.

A number of years ago I tore ligaments on the sole of my foot right off the bone. At the hospital, i was asked if I played sports professionally. I don't, so they wouldn't operate to reattach them. As a result I have to be very careful about shoes and boots. I prefer good leather boots, but if wellies are required then I need the expensive ones with a good sole.

Dunlops wouldn't cut it.

Vibram soles on quite a few pairs of mid range these days so you should get sorted out.

(Only in this nanny state of a country would they refuse to reattach ligaments in your foot but would gladly spend hundreds of thousands to transform you into Doreen with the Adam's apple..... )

Vibram soles on quite a few pairs of mid range these days so you should get sorted out.

(Only in this nanny state of a country would they refuse to reattach ligaments in your foot but would gladly spend hundreds of thousands to transform you into Doreen with the Adam's apple..... )

👍