Cartridge Price Increase

shaun4860

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks upping a load by a few grams is going to magicaly give them a victory all by itself , wont have been experienced enough or compitent enough in the first place to win anyway.

100% Agree

No not at all but as someone who has already lost out in a big way from brexit from cancelled contracts for HLS which are paid for by the EU and the way prices are going I am going to lose out even more. As for the risk we have already taken one and its not paid off , daft to take risks when we had a much safer future within the EU. I am no lover of the EU , but Brexit if fine if you can afford it , but I cant.

Why is it that most of the pro Brexit voters stoop to abuse anyone who disagrees with them? In contrast when i look at the EU and what it has given this country over the last 50 years, a good standard of living and more important peace in Europe ( apart from the odd minor skirmish ) and we are in the process of chucking that all away because those in favour of brexit do not like sharing power with a partnership of countries in which 90% of the time we get our own way anyway. .

I'm delighted to see a stop to all this Euro slush funding. Brussels have been spending it like **** water for years and years. "Brexit is fine if you can afford it " is some statement.

It is not any thing to do with abuse, that's a stupid statement. The people decided the time was right to move on to something better.

Edited by Whitebridges

On big comps your shells are checked at random. If your caught out you are disqualified and slung out. And you have a fair bit of explaining to. Same goes for misfires. Three misfires on the line your disqualified in trap disaplins.

Over the yrs there have been lots of top shooter caught out.

Also there is an increasing amount of ground that won't allow reloads.

Forgive a dunce's question, but isn't it possible just to have all cartridges that are to be used in the competition checked? Surely you're shooting a specific, finite number carts that can be checked, or have I just wildly underestimated the number of cartridges needed for a competition??

Anyone who thinks upping a load by a few grams is going to magicaly give them a victory all by itself , wont have been experienced enough or compitent enough in the first place to win anyway.

Would agree,but this was a group of consistent winners ! Gives you an insight into their mindset,doesn`t it ?

Forgive a dunce's question, but isn't it possible just to have all cartridges that are to be used in the competition checked? Surely you're shooting a specific, finite number carts that can be checked, or have I just wildly underestimated the number of cartridges needed for a competition??

They would only have to show the correct number of factory or correct load carts then use others in the comp. I know some lads who can reload carts and they look exactly like when from the factory,not that they are serious comp shooters. Would shooting 30 or 32 g of whatever shot size actually give you an edge on anything but the longest edge on clays?

They would only have to show the correct number of factory or correct load carts then use others in the comp. I know some lads who can reload carts and they look exactly like when from the factory,not that they are serious comp shooters. Would shooting 30 or 32 g of whatever shot size actually give you an edge on anything but the longest edge on clays?

Has wider implications relevent to safe distances and shoot boundaries.

Rupert that is true and when prices go up it must cost a small fortune to shoot game carts at clays. Even in the same load game carts are usually a £100 a thousand more that the clay equivalents. Funny how you can never get hold of 28g finer wad 6.1/2 shot clay carts in late summer.

Agreed, we digress now from the original topic, but for a select few perceived edge will trump fiscal penalty.I do not understand the 28g fiber comment, perhaps as i only ever shoot clays.

I am not too keen on any price increase,as carts go up will other consumables for operators follow suit resulting in entries increasing.

I do wonder how many voices are driven by indignation, bloody shells have shot up again as the reach for the Pilla's from the back of the Bmw,merc or audi.I do grasp that any increase will impact some more than others but without boycotting brands what can we do.

Well I had a pleasant surprise this weekend as usually I pay £160 for my Fiocchi TT1 28g plastic per 1000 and I purchased 1000 from another supplier for £149. As I buy a 1000 per week I think I will try to co-ordinator purchasing from this new supplier.

Well I had a pleasant surprise this weekend as usually I pay £160 for my Fiocchi TT1 28g plastic per 1000 and I purchased 1000 from another supplier for £149. As I buy a 1000 per week I think I will try to co-ordinator purchasing from this new supplier.

Sounds like a good idea as effectively every 14th week will be FREE! :lol::good:

Wow! A thousand per week! That's some monthly bill and some serious shooting! I can see how that would become expensive.

Dedicated die hards will never give up, They adapt to sittuations make good use of the cards they are delt, would be nice if the organisations and grounds they shoot at could assist rather than hinder people though, there are those like myself who could never pay to shoot clays at that price with the best will in the world.

I can see grounds going under, its perhaps a prudent time for those short sighted individuals in the governing bodies of this sport to look at relaxing the rules a little in these troubled times, alowing those resoursefull souls who want to still participate but are unable too spare the finances needed.

Its not everyboddy wants to compete at such levels but money as in effect halted any chance now, of those on a budget ever competing.

Maybe its a job fore the manopolys and mergers comitee . Just stop buying go wildfowling fishing you watch prices drop then, Brexit or not. ;)

Dedicated die hards will never give up, They adapt to sittuations make good use of the cards they are delt, would be nice if the organisations and grounds they shoot at could assist rather than hinder people though, there are those like myself who could never pay to shoot clays at that price with the best will in the world.

I can see grounds going under, its perhaps a prudent time for those short sighted individuals in the governing bodies of this sport to look at relaxing the rules a little in these troubled times, alowing those resoursefull souls who want to still participate but are unable too spare the finances needed.

Its not everyboddy wants to compete at such levels but money as in effect halted any chance now, of those on a budget ever competing.

Maybe its a job fore the manopolys and mergers comitee . Just stop buying go wildfowling fishing you watch prices drop then, Brexit or not. ;)

Price of Fishing isn't cheap and the tackle and bait is a rip off.No matter what pastime hobby we choose if it involves any form of equipment it gets expensive. Even hill walking ain't cheap these days.

A thousand a week is going some Sian with the cost of clays and travel, my wallet is groaning just thinking about it :lol:

That works out with entries and practice clays with travel costs to in excess of £500.00 per week.

Edited by figgy

A thousand a week is going some Sian with the cost of clays and travel, my wallet is groaning just thinking about it :lol:

That works out with entries and practice clays with travel costs to in excess of £500.00 per week.

I suppose it's a priority thing,

If it's your hobby and you can afford it then good luck,

I would love to be able to shoot that much,

I know a father and son who between them must spend that much,

Their problem is they like to brag about it at every opportunity,

They have only taken up shooting this year and won't miss an opportunity to tell you how much their Perazzi's and Kreighoffs have cost..... Am I jealous?..... Of the amount of time and money they get to spend on clay shooting then yes but I would hope I would handle it a bit better than them bragging wise, but each to their own.

I don't smoke/drink so spend what little money I do have on my chosen hobby

:shaun:

Bragging wont build a score :good:

I hope you did not interpret my comment as bragging, just fact actually. Don't really need to explain myself but I am at an age now where I can please myself, all big monetary responsibilities almost done, just the child's Uni living costs left really. My gun is a inexpensive Beretta SP1 and I love her and won't change her. I take my own sandwiches to shoots and my own tea. Bragging may not build a score but plenty of time shooting might.