Which CREE/LED torch?

SSS

I'm after a little torch for when I let the dog out in the garden at night, LED/CREE (so that it doesn't go flat before the dog's done her business), preferably with an adjustable beam and up to £30 in price. Rechargeable and with batteries that don't cost the earth or at least come included, not too big and clumsy.

Would also prefer to be able to use it for a bit of close range (<30 yards) air rifle ratting.

Does an all rounder like this exist?

What would you recommend?

SSS

Edited by SSS

Just have a look on ebay there are loads on there you can get quite a good one for about £12 the one that I got is a ULtr aFire XML-T6 its 2000 looms or whatever they call it.

Take the lumens figures on Ultrafires with a big pinch of salt - if you manage to get 2000 lumens out of an XML-T6, you will melt it first.

Solarforce are good and tough in your budget range.

I'm after a little torch for when I let the dog out in the garden at night, LED/CREE (so that it doesn't go flat before the dog's done her business), preferably with an adjustable beam and up to £30 in price. Rechargeable and with batteries that don't cost the earth or at least come included, not too big and clumsy.

Would also prefer to be able to use it for a bit of close range (<30 yards) air rifle ratting.

Does an all rounder like this exist?

What would you recommend?

SSS

Get a t20 from ludicrous Lumens, good for Atleast 100 yards, get a white and red pill for it aswell

Take the lumens figures on Ultrafires with a big pinch of salt - if you manage to get 2000 lumens out of an XML-T6, you will melt it first.

Solarforce are good and tough in your budget range.

this lumens stuff meant nothing to me but as I said the one that I got for £12 will light up one hell of a long way when you narrow the beam down of course you can spend loads of money on a supper dooper one but what is the point if a cheep one will do the job but then of course you cannot brag that you have got a supper special one but if that turns you on who am I to say do not get it..

I have a clulight head torch and it is adjustable to beam or flood, high/low power, red, blue, green and constant light or flashing. It is powered by 3 AA batteries and it will send a tight beam over 300 yards and floodlight closer like daylight. The batteries last for something like 18hours constant on high power. Absolutely outstanding bit of kit.

i've always been a fan of LED Lensers - good quality reliable torches

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/ledlenser-p5e-25-lumen-torch/?da=1&TC=GS-010818280&gclid=Cj0KEQiA9ZXBBRC29cPdu7yuvrQBEiQAhyQZ9NzEATFWz2HLnJ7btqu5917sl28m2k1-vfBPQxvJiHUaAkwk8P8HAQ

P5E will do you nicely and only takes 1 AA battery (cheap to get rechargeable, saying that the batteries last a very long time)

You been away Sam not heard anything from you in a while,got lost in your garden ???

I bought some led head lamps for work from Amazon for £12, very good and not too expensive.

Unbearably busy at work, moved house, got married and been on my honeymoon. Not been on here for quite some time really.

i've always been a fan of LED Lensers - good quality reliable torches

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/ledlenser-p5e-25-lumen-torch/?da=1&TC=GS-010818280&gclid=Cj0KEQiA9ZXBBRC29cPdu7yuvrQBEiQAhyQZ9NzEATFWz2HLnJ7btqu5917sl28m2k1-vfBPQxvJiHUaAkwk8P8HAQ

P5E will do you nicely and only takes 1 AA battery (cheap to get rechargeable, saying that the batteries last a very long time)

I had forgotten but you've reminded me, I had a LED lenser but I can't recall packing it when I moved house. It had the adjustable beam but started to fail on the connections in the rear of the battery compartment.

Having said that, I'd probably buy another.

steve B i bought a few of them and got more from amazon uk. Last time i looked they were less than £2.00 each inc delivery.

Link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UK-DIRECT%C2%AECREE-Lumens-Flashlight-Zoomable-Torch/dp/B00QKG7EKC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1478887194&sr=8-3&keywords=cree+torch

That's the ones. No wonder I couldn't find them, I was looking on Ebay! I'll order some more.

Thanks.

I put a link on here sometime ago, regarding small torches from China. They cost (then) £3.12 inc pp and ran off an AA battery. Very powerful for their size, and small enough to put in a top pocket.

I can't find the link now, though.

steve B i bought a few of them and got more from amazon uk. Last time i looked they were less than £2.00 each inc delivery.

Link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UK-DIRECT%C2%AECREE-Lumens-Flashlight-Zoomable-Torch/dp/B00QKG7EKC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1478887194&sr=8-3&keywords=cree+torch

Are these suitable for strapping to an air rifle for a bit of ratting?

Are these suitable for strapping to an air rifle for a bit of ratting?

I don't see why not. It gives a tight or flood beam. It only has the one brightness setting though, which is very bright. You could reduce it by placing some red gel filter over it. For under £2:00, it's worth getting one, even if you don't fix it to your rifle. I've just ordered another three, which makes seven in total now. I've given a few away to family and friends. They run off one AA battery, and I use rechargeable ones in mine, which last a long time.

I don't see why not. It gives a tight or flood beam. It only has the one brightness setting though, which is very bright. You could reduce it by placing some red gel filter over it. For under £2:00, it's worth getting one, even if you don't fix it to your rifle. I've just ordered another three, which makes seven in total now. I've given a few away to family and friends. They run off one AA battery, and I use rechargeable ones in mine, which last a long time.

I've ordered two!