Today Is A Red Letter Day

wymberley

Guys,

Sorry, but I just have to post.

Over a month ago I lost my signet ring which my wife gave me. After searching all over for days, I thought I know where it had gone which meant that it had ended up in a land-fill somewhere in rural Devon. I've just taken the rubber mats out of the 4x4 before taking it to the car wash and guess what I found in the driver's foot-well?!

Then, I received a preview couple of photo's of some equipment that I've ordered and rest assured, it just doesn't get any better than this.

Please be patient as I have to be, but, WATCH THIS SPACE.

Guys,

Over a month ago I lost my signet ring which my wife gave me. After searching all over for days, I thought I know where it had gone which meant that it had ended up in a land-fill somewhere in rural Devon. I've just taken the rubber mats out of the 4x4 before taking it to the car wash and guess what I found in the driver's foot-well?!

Glad you have found it; I lost mine (which I had had for over 40 years) for about a year - and it turned up (to my complete surprise and great relief) in the back of a cupboard of seldom used crockery. Must have fallen off my finger when reaching for something. I wore it for most of the 40 years, but had recently moved it to the 'little' finger due to knuckle on ring finger getting larger with age/arthritis - and was a bit too loose on that finger. Now safely stored away in the correct place.

Glad you have found it; I lost mine (which I had had for over 40 years) for about a year - and it turned up (to my complete surprise and great relief) in the back of a cupboard of seldom used crockery. Must have fallen off my finger when reaching for something. I wore it for most of the 40 years, but had recently moved it to the 'little' finger due to knuckle on ring finger getting larger with age/arthritis - and was a bit too loose on that finger. Now safely stored away in the correct place.

Same here, but had had it made smaller. Can only assume that I must have been rubbing my hands when starting the car one cold winter's morning and accidentally rubbed it off.

...Then, I received a preview couple of photo's of some equipment that I've ordered and rest assured, it just doesn't get any better than this...

Never knew Anne Summers sent photos with order confirmation e-mails.

Did you go with the 220v mains or 2-stroke petrol?

Guys,

Then, I received a preview couple of photo's of some equipment that I've ordered and rest assured, it just doesn't get any better than this.

Please be patient as I have to be, but, WATCH THIS SPACE.

Well, that failed. No need to now, I'll post again in a few days in the equipment forum.

hello, a lot of rings are lost in winter as the cold weather shrinks your hands and have found quite a few while metal detecting via footpaths/ bridleways that have been there over the centuries oldest was a roman childs ring, newest was a mans gold wedding ring made in london around 1975, i tried to locate the owner via the goldsmith and the family who farmed there to no avail, the same can happen swimming in the sea due to colder water on a hot day thats why you will see people detecting beaches past the holiday season

Pleased you found it Ken. I don't wear rings. The Reason? I got called to factory one afternoon where a worker had caught his ring in some machinery and it tore two fingers off his hand. Maybe a fluke thing, but worth bearing in mind if your working with revolving machinery.

not just machinery , I stopped wearing rings when we were shown a picture of a man who slid down a ladder and "degloved" his finger

One of the first things they told us and showed us as apprentices what happens when you get a ring or watch stuck on a lathe or milling machine, never worn my watch or wedding ring but still cringe when you see others with all sorts on there wrists 😫

My Physics Master used to tell us about one of his Signallers who had managed to make a circuit with his wedding ring across some powerful battery's.

He lost the finger, but the wound was quarterized perfectly!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE