Best Winter Gloves

Grazy

I have never found any gloves that were right for shooting! And I've tried plenty! They all have drawbacks. Too thin, too thick, not waterproof, cold when waterlogged, too loose, lack of feel when operating the gun mechanism (safety etc) cannot feel the cartridges when chambering them, etc etc!

Thanks for the replies. I agree Red dot, that is my concern regarding the feel of the trigger finger. That is why I was looking at the Sealskinz shooting gloves with the removable trigger finger but I have noted a few comments on searches regarding the magnet causing issues.

I have no issues with the Macwets re 'feel', so I may just get some merino liners for them.

Like the Sealskinz but yes , the magnets are a pain and they end up soggy on a proper wet day.Neoprenes are cold but work best in really wet conditions.

Only solution I`ve found after many trials ...stay or get indoors when its wet! lol.

I have never found any gloves that were right for shooting! And I've tried plenty! They all have drawbacks. Too thin, too thick, not waterproof, cold when waterlogged, too loose, lack of feel when operating the gun mechanism (safety etc) cannot feel the cartridges when chambering them, etc etc!

:yes:

My experience too, a lot depends whether you want or need to wear them constantly and throughout the day, for clay shooting it just doesn't really get cold enough to stop you getting a plain insulated leather pair or a £4.00 fleece pair from the shelf next to the chocolates in most petrol stations and simply remove them for the one minute 50 seconds it takes to complete your pairs in the stand. I also have waterproof sports type ones I can use in wet weather but you must remember to take a small micro fibre cloth so you can dry your hands before wearing them between stands, the same cloth is extremely efficient in removing water from the gun just before taking your turn.

If pigeon shooting then almost any warm, non slip but fairly slim ones will do because keeping warm (and hidden) trumps missing the odd bird through clumsy gloves.

I personally refuse to buy shooting specific gloves which are neither warm, waterproof or truly unobtrusive, having tried some Sealskinz in the shop what stopped me buying them was mainly the £55 price tag, one of these days I'll get a pair when they're on offer.

I've had two pairs of Sealskinz shooting gloves, the older pair had the velcro pads but I ripped them climbing over barbed wire fences on the shoot.

The replacement pair have the magnets instead of velcro and they do pick up the odd cartridge but it isn't a big inconvenience.

They're the warmest shooting gloves I've had and I don't bother to remove the trigger finger cover when I'm shooting.

If or when the need arises I'd buy another pair.

I've had two pairs of Sealskinz shooting gloves, the older pair had the velcro pads but I ripped them climbing over barbed wire fences on the shoot.

The replacement pair have the magnets instead of velcro and they do pick up the odd cartridge but it isn't a big inconvenience.

They're the warmest shooting gloves I've had and I don't bother to remove the trigger finger cover when I'm shooting.

If or when the need arises I'd buy another pair.

+1

Sealskin Ultra grips possibly?

https://www.sealskinz.com/UK/christmas-road-range/ultra-grip-gloves-olive

Had the Sealskin leather type gloves and the above are so much better, no seams to get in the way. I can easy use them with a double trigger gun.

hello, i tried a few over the years but now i just use those from the pound shop with rubber dot palms, buy a few pairs just in case, only thing is color black, ok at night with rifle, still looking for green.