Firing pins

fieldwanderer

Anyone know where I can get a set of firing pins and springs for a Winchester 8500 trap? Mine sometimes doesn't fire the bottom barrel and a good strip, clean and lube hasn't got it 100% reliable.

Brownells have a set for a 101 that says it fits classic doubles so I suspect they'd be right but I'm reluctant to spend over £50 to find out.

£20 plus post for tuppence worth of steel rod!.......bargain! Anyone with a basic knowledge of engineering and a pattern to copy could probably make one out of something like a six inch nail! Lol!

£2.35 plus vat and post for the steel not 2 p , £6000 setting up the work shop with a lathe and milling machine 20 min to turn and mill buy gas to heat treat spend 10 min heat treating 10 min polishing , pack in an envelope drive to the post office to post

£20 seems rather cheap to me ?

£2.35 plus vat and post for the steel not 2 p , £6000 setting up the work shop with a lathe and milling machine 20 min to turn and mill buy gas to heat treat spend 10 min heat treating 10 min polishing , pack in an envelope drive to the post office to post

Just about right that..

Your costings are as inflated as mine were tongue in cheek low!

Just future reference what colour would you temper back to?

I'd go just past blue personally; too hard and they'll break when fired. To my mind, blue's spring steel so just past that'll be pretty hard but still have a little give

I think I have a set somewhere. I had a pitted bottom pin on my 6500 and bought them but it never got any worse so I never fitted them.I've since sold the gun.

Can you have a look for me please? Would be much appreciated