Cheek of some people - bloods boiling

TaxiDriver

My neighbour has previously taken it upon herself to replace part of my boundary fence to visually enhance her garden, mainly in so much as she had it done with close boarded panels to match Her fence the other side of the her garden but we've ended up with the rails facing us not that I'm bothered by that.

She's recently announced she's having the remaining posts and 8 panels replaced when she can afford to,

Today,

Tells me she's having it done in a couple of weeks, (coinciding with my being away) and tells me she's having it done with certain height panels at either end and a run of lower panels between, Basically the finished height will be about 6"-8" higher than now and the higher 6ft panels that enclose our patio will be reduced .

Anyways, I said I was agreeable to the proposed lower section but didn't want to lose one of the two 6ft high panels that enclose the side of our patio, And if that was her plan, then that wasn't acceptable,

She turned around and told me, "Well, as I'm paying for it, YOU don't have a lot of say in the matter"

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

me, "REALLY ? I'll tell you what then Do NOT touch, interfere with, or replace MY fence !! That's my say.

then she tells me it's "not your fence it's Jens' (my land lady's) fence"

Yes, "that's right, and as the tenant and my land lady's agent, "It's My Fence so long as I'm the tenant so leave it alone!"

😡😡😡😡😡😡. Grrrrrrrr I been spitting feathers all afternoon.

If it was me i'd let her replace the fence at her cost and when she's finished i'd stick 2 panels up on ur side where u had them before absolutley nothing she could do,

if the fence is actually on the boundry line u could even attach the panels to the fence posts.

Any feather edged fencing i've done who ever pays for it usually gets the nicer side, if it was a 50/50 i do as im told no idea how they decide

If its your boundary fence you should have the rails inside anyway mate & the rough side of posts and gravel boards.

1) it reduces the ability for someone to hop into your garden.

2) the rear of panels and posts are sharp and rough, occasionally nails protrude from the panel, if a neighbour hurts their self you would be liable.

These are terms I have to work under while fencing at council properties, does kind of make sense.

If it was me i'd let her replace the fence at her cost and when she's finished i'd stick 2 panels up on ur side where u had them before absolutley nothing she could do,

if the fence is actually on the boundry line u could even attach the panels to the fence posts.

Haha I like that idea.

if the neighbor gets the all clear from the home owner to do it then thats it im afraid..

you mite have a tenancy agreement but i doubt it says you can make decisions for the home owner,

grey area i know but best let the owner make up her own mind.

i own a rental property and have had endless trouble with the tenant thinking its her house to do what she wants with, so much so shes had the tenancy cancelled and will be leaving soon.

if the neighbor gets the all clear from the home owner to do it then thats it im afraid..

you mite have a tenancy agreement but i doubt it says you can make decisions for the home owner,

grey area i know but best let the owner make up her own mind.

i own a rental property and have had endless trouble with the tenant thinking its her house to do what she wants with, so much so shes had the tenancy cancelled and will be leaving soon.

Depend son the contract.

Whilst they are the tenant it is their home. The condition is that it's all made good / the same when they leave.

Now if they're untaking major works then that could be an issue, what exactly did this person do?

Depend son the contract.

Whilst they are the tenant it is their home. The condition is that it's all made good / the same when they leave.

Now if they're untaking major works then that could be an issue, what exactly did this person do?

all sorts mate

told me it was her house to do what she wants with, not the case!!! my name is on the deeds not hers so she had her tenancy canceled..

she even said im not allowed to do inspections on the house as its "her house"..

some people get the keys and think that it means its there house, its not, your a tenant and paying rent, yes you have rites but not to make decisions that a home owner should make.

In the past i owned/rented out a flat, must admit i wouldn't be happy if my tennant turned down the chance of a free fence, esp if by rights i was due to pay something towards it. But i would also have no problem sticking 2 pannels back up either even if u had to stick a couple of extra posts in to hold them (if her fence was on her side of boundry u wouldn't/shouldn't just attach the pannels to it)

In scotland the fencing thing is slightly different, generally most boundry fences are 50/50 whereas from wot i can gather down south u have 1 and ur neihbour does the other side

But really u can have have the boards and rails on wot ever side u want if ur paying for it, if u'd rather a nicer looking fence with boards on inside even thou it is slightly less secure.

Must admit i quite like a verical board fence over featheredged, lets wind/air throu and because boards staggered both sides fairly climb proof, looks much the same from both sides and still can't see throu it if u hve 1/2" of overlap on the boards coverage

Thanks Me Matt and others,

The arrangement I have with my land lady is such that our rent is lower than it could be ( by a country mile) We're responsible for general upkeep/maintenance unless it's anything more major.

I don't think my land lady has been to the property more than 3x in the 10 years we've been here.

What really got my goat, boiled my p*** was neighbour turning round and telling me my fence wasn't anything to do with me.

Anyways, I'm quite happy she (neighbour) can replace fence, I'll fix trellis to the rails our side and grow Honeysuckle, Sweet peas or whatever or climbing runner beans.

Edited by TaxiDriver

TD, is your middle name "lucky" by any chance????

You need to move into a monastery in the middle of nowhere and wrap yourself in cotton wool and bubble wrap I think old bean, you must be the unluckiest person in Britain , drama after drama after drama,

Chill your beans old bean, and be lucky lol,

Flynny

TD, is your middle name "lucky" by any chance? ???

You need to move into a monastery in the middle of nowhere and wrap yourself in cotton wool and bubble wrap I think old bean, you must be the unluckiest person in Britain , drama after drama after drama,

Chill your beans old bean, and be lucky lol,

Flynny

:lol: