steel for driven duck

Avoid driven duck, it's a cheap bag filler on the part of the shoot... Ask to not see duck would be my advice, no reason why they should resort to this early season!

Ordinarily I would agree and have turned down a driven day on that basis however this is a "trial shoot" on a new estate. Keeper is working out timings for the paid days. Was told there "might" be duck. I may just not bother shooting any.

If I go somewhere where driven duck is part of the day (1 drive) I will only take 1 box of carts for that drive as I don't agree with a bag being filled by ducks on a pheasant or partridge day.

agree with this, plenty of cheaper duck shooting available, no need to pay £30+, shot plenty in the last couple of years at £10,

rc 32 gram steel, 4s ( they are actualy 3s) or the gamebore equivalant, good killers through the 1/4 and 1/2 of your EELL, (was in mine with fixed chokes) smooth to

agree with this, plenty of cheaper duck shooting available, no need to pay £30+, shot plenty in the last couple of years at £10,

rc 32 gram steel, 4s ( they are actualy 3s) or the gamebore equivalant, good killers through the 1/4 and 1/2 of your EELL, (was in mine with fixed chokes) smooth to

32g 4s it is then 👍

Just to reiterate this is "possibly" some duck and only one drive. 👍 we are shooting very selectively and bag will be small 👍

Is steel not used for making Gun barrels?

Why would any sane person shoot steel shot loaded cartridges? If you cannot use Lead , Bismuth or TMX , don't bother.

Why has the lead shot ban not been repealed?

Buy yourself some Bismuth or TMX and go and shoot wildfowl , not line some idle barsteards pocket at £35+Vat for a barley fed tame Duck .

In fact there is the answer , what is the dearest Bismuth or a Tame Duck plus Vat?

Bismuth is ludicrously expensive as you know sir. No way am I paying that. Never shot steel so cannot comment on it.

I can but reiterate that this is a trial day and there "may" be a duck drive. We are to be very selective and bag is small. It is not for me to question the keeper or the rights and wrongs of driven wildfowl.

Without wishing to be argumentative driven is driven which Imo is no different to decoying, flyting or indeed walked up. All of those forms of shooting are manufacturing the possibility of killing quarry. The gun decides if it is a sporting shot and either takes it or leaves it.

Bismuth is ludicrously expensive as you know sir. No way am I paying that. Never shot steel so cannot comment on it.

I can but reiterate that this is a trial day and there "may" be a duck drive. We are to be very selective and bag is small. It is not for me to question the keeper or the rights and wrongs of driven wildfowl.

Without wishing to be argumentative driven is driven which Imo is no different to decoying, flyting or indeed walked up. All of those forms of shooting are manufacturing the possibility of killing quarry. The gun decides if it is a sporting shot and either takes it or leaves it.

If you have never shot steel before i would try it before heading out on a driven day, it isn't very nice, especially through a game gun. Personally i would play for Bismuth (doesn't sound like you are going too need many) or just let the duck fly on and on and on as they keep coming back to give you more and more chances..

If you have never shot steel before i would try it before heading out on a driven day, it isn't very nice, especially through a game gun. Personally i would play for Bismuth (doesn't sound like you are going too need many) or just let the duck fly on and on and on as they keep coming back to give you more and more chances..

I think I may just do the latter..