Belgium Side By Side Hammer .410 thoughts?

thepasty

Are you talking of the folders? If so then there's plenty to choose from but check the bores for pitting as many people don't seem to bother to buy cleaning kits and then the bores suffer. If you are talking of the older "sidelock" hammer guns then be careful that it has been Nitro proofed as I've seen a few that are not - in fact bought one off a seller on here and 3 or 4 years later it's still gathering dust in a local Gunsmiths shop - lesson learned :unhappy:

Hi Guys

Anyone have any experience of these Belgium SxS hammer guns I've seen around? I'm after a double .410 and really like the old style of these guns.

Thoughts? Any good or steer clear?

Cheers

Steve

look on the net for the model "El Chimbo"..............

The guy I shoot for has had his 30 years and it's like new just minus the bluing .

I've bought him a spare the other day off wabbit bosher for £30 . The bores weren't the best but it shoots great still and at £30 what do I expect.

He's loads of them in stock

I checked with him, no doubles :(

I've found these on gun trader...

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/el-chimbo/side-by-side/410-gauge

Are they over priced?

This is just my opinion, i think they are over priced they have always held their money and i never understood the attraction.

Best durable hammer .410s i feel are the solid singles like Winchester 37 savage .stevens Harrington and Richardson or cooey or copies like spanish astra type guns, strong actions and last forever but they are not doubles depends what you want i suppose.

Edited by lancer425

I've found these on gun trader...

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/el-chimbo/side-by-side/410-gauge

Are they over priced?

yeah they are a bit pricey...........the first el chimbo i had........it was a single and its barrel was bent......the double i had after that was a ferret gun...good solid little gun....i think there are several copies of this design............