lincoln shotguns

ips

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely gun. Got the Premier Gold Deluxe with side plates and a nice bit of wood in the stock. Only fired one shot in anger and killed a Carrion Crow so its doing ok so far!!

I really liked the sideplate model but I ended up with the vogue only because I have sideplate guns in the cabinet and fancied something different.

Lincoln vogue 30" 12bore game gun

ok...now that I have shot the Lincoln an honest review.....

......i absolutely love it. Still cant fault it, fits like a glove handles very well, shoots (for me) way better than the 687. Shot a driven partridge day today and hit first partridge first barrell with 1/2 and it folded and landed at my feet (pretty much) what a confidence boost...imo this is one seriously good gun for naff all money. Three other guns asked to look at it and what it was, I said handle it, look at it then I will tell you. All three liked it and when I told them it was a 1k Lincoln they couldn't believe it. I say again this is one seriously good gun.

How has no one asked, how was your day on the partridges then? Did you feel very grand? More important did you enjoy it and have a good craic??

How has no one asked, how was your day on the partridges then? Did you feel very grand? More important did you enjoy it and have a good craic??

It was a good day, I shot very well (for me) with the Lincoln, I felt more confident with a 30" (which it what I am used to) than the 28". It was a "stir up day" so not a big bag and very selective shooting but I like that as it makes you think more about bird selection 😁

This is my new Lincoln Premier Gold Deluxe in 20 bore. Not a bad bit of wood in the stock for the price either.

FE05_CBD2_9_E73_43_F8_9_DB2_0_DAB87_F8_D

FD382147_978_C_4_B05_B240_192792491778.j

Very nice that, makes you wonder two things.

How do they make them for the money ?

Or

Why are comparable models from the main players so expensive. ?

Answers on a postcard

Why are comparable models from the main players so expensive. ?

Simple, apart from the long dead Medalist from Browning there are no comparable models from the main players.

Years ago I had a 30" Rottweil Supersport. It was made by Sabatti (FIAS) and was functionally identical to the £500 Browning Medalist. Despite the scratchy & heavy triggers it handled very well and my shooting improved considerably during the 2 years I owned it. I then changed to a much better gun, a Miroku that I foolishly thought would outlast me. It didn't and later on the Mirook went to be replaced a succession of Berettas. Nevertheless, up until a couple of years back when I bought my current CG clays gun, I had never bettered the scores I'd achieved with the old Sabatti.

But! Those Sabattis or I Rizzinis (FAIR/Lincoln) or Bettinsolis or Franchis or any other 'budget' guns, no matter how well they shoot and look, are not on the same level as the mid range Brownings, Mirokus, Berettas, CGs etc. They're great value if you want a snappy looking lower cost gun for game days and such, but if you're planning on shooting 500 or more clays/month for the forseeable future then the non-rebuildable £1K budget O/Us from Italy or Turkey aren't going to make it.

Edited by Westward