Eley evo III bismuth

Hello everyone, I'm after some non toxic non steel cart and was wondering if anyone would recommend the eley busmuth? I need 70 mm cart and the 36 gr would be my choice. Any advice will be more than welcome since I'm newbie in wildfowling. Also, any suggestion on where to source them near Edinburgh would be great!

Thanks!

With the difference between a steel load of the ilk that you are after and bismuth being many, many pounds sterling, I would go for steel. I don't think you'll find a 1 1/4 (36g), 2 3/4 inch (70mm) cartridge off the shelf, they are generally in 3inch (75mm) for that load.

I would go for Gamebore super steel, 1 /18oz (32g) 2 /3/4inch (70mm) or the RC equivalent.

37 minutes ago, Penelope said:

With the difference between a steel load of the ilk that you are after and bismuth being many, many pounds sterling, I would go for steel. I don't think you'll find a 1 1/4 (36g), 2 3/4 inch (70mm) cartridge off the shelf, they are generally in 3inch (75mm) for that load.

I would go for Gamebore super steel, 1 /18oz (32g) 2 /3/4inch (70mm) or the RC equivalent.

Yes, I know that the price is very different but since my gun is 2 3/4 not steel proofed and with a fixed full choke I'd like to have a go with bismuth (possibly available in 36 gr 70 mm case). Buying a new 3" gun might be cheaper though ?.

Thanks

38 minutes ago, Docleo said:

Yes, I know that the price is very different but since my gun is 2 3/4 not steel proofed and with a fixed full choke I'd like to have a go with bismuth (possibly available in 36 gr 70 mm case). Buying a new 3" gun might be cheaper though ?.

Thanks

You can shoot low presure steel safe in that gun..

Rc 32 gr steel in nr 3 or 5 

Gamebore super steel 32 gr nr 4 or 5  

There is alot of rubbish told about steel..

3 hours ago, Penelope said:

Fiochi due a 35 grm Steel load and RC 34 grm Load both in a 2-3/4" case used them both on Geese and Duck :good:

6 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I think the rules here oblige you to give a price.

Is this in the for sales section?I think not.---seriously what are you like!!!!! I like the idea of  a trade ---perhaps some 10 bore cartridges  for my bismuth?Some people have nothing better to do i reckon.

i recall using 3.5 eley RTO bismuth 10 bores  in a #3 long before it was law to use non toxic.I wanted lead but these were all he had at the time so i bought them.They did drop geese  despite the uproar that early bismuth  was brittle.Mind u in knowing that i would not have bought them if that information had been available at the time.

Edited by bishop

7 minutes ago, matone said:

1st Eley Bismuth I bought were in black low brass cases,didn`t rate them ! Currently using 32gr #4 loaded in white extra high brass which work well on the occasions I need them .Are these the latest incarnation  ?

The first Eley Bismuth cartridges were in a 2 1/2" orange case similar to Grand Prix, they were hopeless, I remember shooting duck in Devon some years ago and many hit at normal range were wounded, it was like chucking a handful of gravel at em! Never used them again!

The later ones, in the black cases, were if I recall called "Forest Bismuth" they were better, but still not as good as lead....since this Eley have, I believe, been taken over by Maxam, I don't know what their modern Bismuth shells are like because I homeload most of my non tox shells now!