This can’t be real, woman can try out for the SAS

Archie-fox

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, KFC said:

The SAS do a lot more than just lug heavy weights about.

It really amuses me these days when there's talk about what women can and can't do.

Just looking at the WW2 archive footage of the factories building tanks, aircraft, ammo etc and especially in SOE and resistance shows that women are an asset. I'm sure there's plenty in the Isreali army who I'd not take on in a pub fight.

Find  the right person to fit the role, end of.

Possibly but surely elite forces have to rely absolutely on their team members or moral will go down the pan, again weakening the structure?

5 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'I pretty sure the top brass who sent men over the top are no longer in the forces, not to mention the man who set the special air service up definitely bucked the trend of his pears, they thought he was nuts and would fail, but we're going off course now, this is about women in the SAS and as a conventional SAS soldier I think it's an unrealistic idea for the reasons I've already stated.

Yes I would agree that all those men are now gone.but a lot of their descendants are in equally high positions purely down to family history.if a woman passes the tests then fine let her join.there are a lot of men who fail to get in.if this idea does not work then it will be sidelined.no big deal.

Strange really that at the moment the armed forces are all under the control of a woman.mrs may.and also the last real time we went to war to defend our own territory was the Falklands under Mrs thatcher.which was a resounding success. All the military cock ups since have been with men at the helm.remdmber Mr Blair and Cameron.havent they made this world a much safer place by going to sort out the problems that had nothing to do with us.maybe women are not so bad at military after all.

14 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

Strange really that at the moment the armed forces are all under the control of a woman.mrs may.and also the last real time we went to war to defend our own territory was the Falklands under Mrs thatcher.which was a resounding success. All the military cock ups since have been with men at the helm.remdmber Mr Blair and Cameron.havent they made this world a much safer place by going to sort out the problems that had nothing to do with us.maybe women are not so bad at military after all.

You've again taken this out of context, I've seen no one on here say women are no use in the military, this is about lowering the SAS selection test making it easier for women to get in, which I think is totally wrong.

2 hours ago, FairImogen said:

Seriously, Rewulf, your flippant comments are disrespectful to the dead whose photos line the walls of that club.

And of course I know the link is dated; my point entirely - women have served in such forces fir decades.

So in that respect, no one can see any humour in war ,or death for that matter, without being flippant ,disrespectful, or ignorant.
I am not disputing womens participation in the military, in any capacity, why you would think that Im not sure.

My original thoughts until I realised that your link was so old, was that anyone wishing the military, and SF in particular, harm, was being given a target location, in fact I still think that.
The Kingsman comparison was just innocent humour, of which you lack.
I would be less eager to start pointing insults at people ,when you know nothing of their family background in the military too.

Oh dear, Rewulf.

I post an article which mentions The Forces Club.

You mock such with your laughing emoji.

As far as your security concerns about the location of the club, those who wish to do harm have Google, too.

Your response?: more sarcasm.

I point out this is disrespectful to the dead.

I do, of course, accept your assertion that all this was innocent humour, but to me it was mockery.  And please don’t tell me about my sense of humour.

I am glad to learn that you served, and that your family has a military background, too.  I can only respect that.

All the best to you and yours.

45 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

You've again taken this out of context, I've seen no one on here say women are no use in the military, this is about lowering the SAS selection test making it easier for women to get in, which I think is totally wrong.

not at all,i am merely pointing out that women are more than capable,as for lowering the test could that possibly be in part because to many men are failing to pass also,i dont know ,if a woman wishes to join then good luck to them,

1 hour ago, bostonmick said:

By the skin of our teeth.

12 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

not at all,i am merely pointing out that women are more than capable,as for lowering the test could that possibly be in part because to many men are failing to pass also,i dont know ,if a woman wishes to join then good luck to them,

Many men fail because the standard is so high, that is why they are known as special forces,there are always many willing to give it a go though.There will always be a very high failure rate when you are demanding the very peak of physical fitness and endurance from people.

4 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

I agree, if a women can pass the test as it is then crack on and good luck to them, the thing is, there'd be next to none that could, I asked earlier so I'll ask again, do you think any women could compete against men at top teir boxing? They couldn't and the reason for that is men and women are phisyologicly differet, when it cones to phisicallity, men are better on average and the best men are going to Beat the best women full stop. It's evolution and no amount of PC winging will change it I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I agree, if a women can pass the test as it is then crack on and good luck to them, the thing is, there'd be next to none that could, I asked earlier so I'll ask again, do you think any women could compete against men at top teir boxing? They couldn't and the reason for that is men and women are phisyologicly differet, when it cones to phisicallity, men are better on average and the best men are going to Beat the best women full stop. It's evolution and no amount of PC winging will change it I'm afraid.

your argument is all set about brawn,of course a woman would not beat Tyson but then that is not what we are talking about here,being a member of the sas or any other branch of the services needs mental strength as well.not all sas jobs are purely fighting based.in these enlightened times it is now allowed for gay people to serve in all branches of the armed forces,so why discriminate agains women,after all I know which of the two I would rather have bringing up the rear:yahoo:

7 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

your argument is all set about brawn,of course a woman would not beat Tyson but then that is not what we are talking about here,being a member of the sas or any other branch of the services needs mental strength as well.not all sas jobs are purely fighting based.in these enlightened times it is now allowed for gay people to serve in all branches of the armed forces,so why discriminate agains women,after all I know which of the two I would rather have bringing up the rear:yahoo:

It's not about discrimination, can you not see that there is a test set out, they are thinking of altering it so women can pass it.

Your right the sas is not just about brawn but part of it is, take a role they may need to undertake, behind enemy lines carrying god knows how many stones if you include their rifle, ammo, body armour plus additional kit, anyone who slows them down will slow the entire team putting everyone in danger, putting men's lives in danger to appease people's idea of discrimination is idiotic at best, I say if they want to let women join they do it on the same terms as now, not make it easier so they can pass. Men and women are not equal, this obsession with pretending everyone is, is stupid but in a situation like this is just dangerous.

I very much doubt there would be many females wanting to take up the sas,so all you worried macho men that are offended by this idea need not worry,stories like this one are put out to take the public gaze away from what is really happening and of far greater consequence to us,like the lowering of standards required for doctors and nurses to work in our nhs,to allow migrants to come here.police recruits wanted from ethnic minorities over white English to please the pc brigade,men marrying men women marrying women,then being allowed to adopt children to bring up in this totally unnatural state,all these things go against the very fabric of society,yet all you can get bothered over is women being given the chance to join a group in the army.you do realise there are women out there who would wipe the floor with most men in shooting competition,get over yourselves people.

6 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

I very much doubt there would be many females wanting to take up the sas,so all you worried macho men that are offended by this idea need not worry,stories like this one are put out to take the public gaze away from what is really happening and of far greater consequence to us,like the lowering of standards required for doctors and nurses to work in our nhs,to allow migrants to come here.police recruits wanted from ethnic minorities over white English to please the pc brigade,men marrying men women marrying women,then being allowed to adopt children to bring up in this totally unnatural state,all these things go against the very fabric of society,yet all you can get bothered over is women being given the chance to join a group in the army.you do realise there are women out there who would wipe the floor with most men in shooting competition,get over yourselves people.

Nice rant, but I think you'll find this thread is discussing particularly about women joining the sas, your rant contains so much other non relevant information, not to mention the hypocrisy of accusing us of being discriminatory towards women when you've made some pretty outrageus statemnts is quite laughable.

4 minutes ago, walshie said:

Whoosh! And he misses the point yet again. 

:oops:credit where it's due, he's missed it in quite spectacular fashion to!

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Nice rant, but I think you'll find this thread is discussing particularly about women joining the sas, your rant contains so much other non relevant information, not to mention the hypocrisy of accusing us of being discriminatory towards women when you've made some pretty outrageus statemnts is quite laughable.

no rant,personally I could not care less if women are in the sas,i genuinely cant understand why you all seem to be so hostile about something that will most likely never happen,fear not your macho manliness is not under threat,

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

It's not about discrimination it's about equality, which means everyone competing on an even playing field.....it's about the proposal to tilt the balance of equality to suit what can only be a PC agenda.

if they lower the test standard will that not also benefit men who otherwise might fail,therefore equal.

4 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

if they lower the test standard will that not also benefit men who otherwise might fail,therefore equal.

Really, should we lower the standards for being a brain surgeon?after all i always fancied doing it but was never bright enough, but if we lowered the standards there would be loads more people becoming brain surgeons and that would be a good thing, wouldn't it?

Apologies for my commnt if it offended anyone, it's meant as banter.

It's not matcho, it's just that they shouldn't lower the standard, there's a very good reason for such a tough test as stated in my earlier post.

There are many many roles that women out perform men and many women out perform men in typically male roles to, but when it comes to top level physicality the best men will beat the best women, we're different.

4 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Really, should we lower the standards for being a brain surgeon?after all i always fancied doing it but was never bright enough, but if we lowered the standards there would be loads more people becoming brain surgeons and that would be a good thing, wouldn't it?

I must apologise I never realised it was part of sas duty to carry out brain surgery.we live and learn

Excellent behaviour by our PC Ministry of Defence, but I would like to see further progress. Is not the classic SAS team the unit of four? Well surely there should be room to accomodate a Transgender member and one from an ethnic minority. Consideration should also be given to those with special needs. Only when we truly embrace diversity can we have Special Forces. Ability should not be a condition of membership. Dyslexic and want to call in airstrikes? I say do it.