White pigeons

Royboy

Hello

inlaws own a bed&breakfast and a few years ago a couple of lovely white pigeons turned up,

now there’s a dozen and there making a complete mess under where they've been pirched overnight and are becoming a nuisance.

has anyone any ideas how I can get shut with shooting them the last resort ? I’ve thought of maybe live traps ?  If I can’t think of anything soon my air rifle is going to have to be dusted off.

cheers  

Can you block off anywhere they can perch  ?  Wife spotted something on faceache today. It was some trees somewhere that pigeons are roosting in and then fertilising the Residents cars. They fitted spike strips onto the trees around the car park.....job done  !  Problem is,  the 'hug a bunny' brigade  have just spotted them and the brown sticky stuff has hit the fan. It has taken them 3 years to spot them !  No offences are committed though, you will see them all over buildings in City Centres and no one gives a toss. Put some in a tree outside of the City and all hell breaks loose.    :no:

3 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Live  trap, wont they just home back? You could put spikes on anything they roost in a bit like towns do? Quite tricky to move them on once they are happy and have food source etc close by. 

Yeah I was thinking they would probably come back haha

4 minutes ago, Westley said:

Can you block off anywhere they can perch  ?  Wife spotted something on faceache today. It was some trees somewhere that pigeons are roosting in and then fertilising the Residents cars. They fitted spike strips onto the trees around the car park.....job done  !  Problem is,  the 'hug a bunny' brigade  have just spotted them and the brown sticky stuff has hit the fan. It has taken them 3 years to spot them !  No offences are committed though, you will see them all over buildings in City Centres and no one gives a toss. Put some in a tree outside of the City and all hell breaks loose.    :no:

I’ll have a look into these spikes, 

I have blocked of where they where roosting a while back but now they just sit out in the open with no cover ! Swines !

8 minutes ago, Royboy said:

Yeah I was thinking they would probably come back haha

I’ll have a look into these spikes, 

I have blocked of where they where roosting a while back but now they just sit out in the open with no cover ! Swines !

All you need to achieve, is to move them on to next door.   :yes:

29 minutes ago, Okrang said:

They'll soon move away if there's no food or shelter.

I had a similar problem with white doves - released them 40 miles away in Thetford forest in the dark of night. Two days later the blighters were coming back in dribs and drabs!

Did you clock em in  ??     :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Westley said:

Can you block off anywhere they can perch  ?  Wife spotted something on faceache today. It was some trees somewhere that pigeons are roosting in and then fertilising the Residents cars. They fitted spike strips onto the trees around the car park.....job done  !  Problem is,  the 'hug a bunny' brigade  have just spotted them and the brown sticky stuff has hit the fan. It has taken them 3 years to spot them !  No offences are committed though, you will see them all over buildings in City Centres and no one gives a toss. Put some in a tree outside of the City and all hell breaks loose.    

Thats near me in Bristol, it just came on the local news!!!! ? 

Lord Geordie you can use the lengths of gutter brush to keep leaves etc out of gutters under the solar panels to keep out anything unwanted.

for pigeons if you don’t like the cost or look of spikes you can use some vine eyes and fishing line ran back and forth they don’t like landing on it and it barely visible.

20 hours ago, Mice! said:

we got some plastic spike strips for the kids swings, trees everywhere but the pigeons were sitting above the swing seats then leaving a deposit!! There not a hundred percent effective but pretty cheap and easy to fit

That's a bit harsh on the kids, isn't it  ??