krugerandsmith

krugerandsmith

Nope, madness is using your own username as a title.......

With regard to the actual question, why not? The tender is out and the most competitive wins- or shall we waste a bit more money.

Dont tell me, your still holding on to the ‘they owe us for two World Wars’ thought - when will people get stop using the fact that we were at War over 100 and 75 years respectively for Modern arguements, ask someone who actually fought and they will tell you the same ( in my experience anyway) 

I think you should start to have some anti Spanish sentiment for the time they sent the Armada over for a play! what about Italy? They invaded us ( ******* left me with a Roman nose so I must despise them huh). Now, those lovely Scandinavians- raped and pillaged and then had the audacity to name cities after themselves.......... Argentina, never have forgiven Diego Maradonna have you!

No one should ever forget the sacrifices made, but come on —- why oh why do the undertones always have to resort back?

Just had a thought, your not from Royston Vasey are you ? “Passports should be made by local people, for local people”

Edited by Jaymo

3 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

With regard to the actual question, why not? The tender is out and the most competitive wins- or shall we waste a bit more money.

Dont tell me, your still holding on to the ‘they owe us for two World Wars’ thought - when will people get stop using the fact that we were at War over 100 and 75 years respectively for Modern arguements, ask someone who actually fought and they will tell you the same ( in my experience anyway) 

I think you should start to have some anti Spanish sentiment for the time they sent the Armada over for a play! what about Italy? They invaded us ( ******* left me with a Roman nose so I must despise them huh). Now, those lovely Scandinavians- raped and pillaged and then had the audacity to name cities after themselves.......... Argentina, never have forgiven Diego Maradonna have you!

No one should ever forget the sacrifices made, but come on —- why oh why do the undertones always have to resort back?

Yes  I agree ... one out of ten for observation. Ho Hum.

47 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Just had a thought, your not from Royston Vasey are you ? “Passports should be made by local people, for local people”

Have I missed something or is this one of the most mental rants ever?

I think you may have read too much into the op.

My assumption is that his comments were simply that it seems crazy to be having things manufactured abroad especially given the context.

Maybe I'm wrong but you seem to have made a massive jump to where you are?

Edd

Yep, mental day I’m afraid and linking to another thread on Poland that has gone the same way as the BREXIT thread- starts of with a sanction by the EU on Poland and ends up in a Brexit/ War thread....

Its my fault for reading them I guess

As for manufacturing abroad, why not if it’s cost effective

Edited by Jaymo

It's not just the immediate quick fix saving though is it? Getting stuff made cheaply abroad does not provide jobs and employment for UK workers, and has a negative social and economic impact on this country and its people....it may not always be the cheapest for the UK to buy UK goods, but there are the other, not so obvious things that benefit the UK to consider.

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

It's not just the immediate quick fix saving though is it? Getting stuff made cheaply abroad does not provide jobs and employment for UK workers, and has a negative social and economic impact on this country and its people....it may not always be the cheapest for the UK to buy UK goods, but there are the other, not so obvious things that benefit the UK to consider.

Has unbridled economic protectionism ever worked out in a countries favour for the longer term? (Honest question, my understanding is that the data suggests short term benefits but with substantially reduced longer term growth, but it is not an area I know well). 

Could relative ease of movement of capital mean what didn't work before now might? 

19 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Exactly! Short term gain for long term pain comes to mind......

Once you dont manufacture anything you`re dead in the water,which is exactly the plan that the EU dictators had for us !!!!

Hmm 

well do we really need everything down to a price 

or 

should the product we tender for be up to a standard 

employing local people training our youth teaching them skills all costs 

maybe a few extra £££ on the cost of a passport or a item produced in the UK is worth it 

just a thought 

ps 

pasport is probably fake news 

all the best 

of 

40 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Hmm 

well do we really need everything down to a price 

or 

should the product we tender for be up to a standard 

employing local people training our youth teaching them skills all costs 

maybe a few extra £££ on the cost of a passport or a item produced in the UK is worth it 

just a thought 

ps 

pasport is probably fake news 

all the best 

of 

Passport is definitely fake news - even the remoaner idiot that started it has admitted it and  it has been posted on the Beeb of all places - but damage has been done with no comeback

On 23/12/2017 at 10:30, panoma1 said:

I agree