OK, y'all have woken me up.......

Walker570

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh!!   I was just confirming that the knife was sharp!!!!

134 bird day today anyway,  shot 2 partridge and 8 pheasants on the last drive and stopped shooting. The total was growing VERY quickly at £30 a bird. Had a superb day as usual with a bunch of good friends.  The big white blob alongside the barrel did not deter me too much, but took a bit of stick about it.

Well stitches out tomorrow, so able to get back to normal fairly quickly.  I have managed to start to put a handle on a blade for TIGHTCHOKE still needs lots of finishing but it's coming along.

Dyamondwood handle, solid brass pins and red liner.  Should make a very handy little deer cleaning knife.

Just the handle and final finishing plus sheath for the RBL knife, so hopefully, with no more self imposed accidents I should have it finished in a couple of weeks.

2013-01-02 06.33.52 (800x526).jpg

Edited by Walker570

Commercial blade purchased by TIGHTCHOKE. He just wanted a handle put on; not too fancy as it was going to get some use, so needed to be water/wear resistant. Had just enough of that Dyamondwood in the drawer and it is very good handle material. It is a nice shaped blade. I am looking at maybe a nylon tube insert in the lanyard hole to prevent any wear but the material should stand it.  I have another damascus blade of his, which I plan a bog oak handle which will give it that seriously old, ancient look, more on that when I have finished the auction knife.

File marks, what file marks ?

There are still a few scratches on the spine metal which will polish out.  Hah! I see what your looking at (I think)the side of the scales. No, they are not file marks just the natural grain in the wood but will again polish out when final finish is applied. As said I have a fair bit of finishing to do including just tidying up the red liner round the front, but until I can put full pressure on this ###!!!### thumb it is difficult to hold consistently to the mop without it snatching. 

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

File marks, what file marks ?

There are still a few scratches on the spine metal which will polish out.  Hah! I see what your looking at (I think)the side of the scales. No, they are not file marks just the natural grain in the wood but will again polish out when final finish is applied. As said I have a fair bit of finishing to do including just tidying up the red liner round the front, but until I can put full pressure on this ###!!!### thumb it is difficult to hold consistently to the mop without it snatching. 

And here’s me thinking you’d had a polishing mop grafted on to your thumb ??

4 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Mel3b did it for him ?

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Healing nicely. Another half an inch doesn't bear thinking about.5a68bffa64754_2013-01-0406_46.51(800x534).jpg.6b885ded2753a861d2b1e1a53dc10d79.jpg

4 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Mel3b did it for him ?

not me , it made my bum pucker up :sad1:

Hmmm??  Put this on once but it didn't log.

OK, managed to glue up the handle for the auction knife this morning. Finally decided laminate, mesquite outer, yew inner and a red liner. Just hope I have it lined up ok as that is a lot to fiddle with on either side and put pins in. Used some long setting period, strong glue, so I had plenty of time, so it will be two or three days before I grind it all off and find out.  I think it should look different. 

2018-01-26 12.11.46-2 (800x598).jpg