over and under for wildfowling

Gerry78

Thinking of buying a o/u as i only shoot s/s and semis Most of my shotgun shooting will be pigeons the odd pheasant and PLENTY coastal wildfowling Now i wouldnt want to buy a camo o/u it would have TO BE wooden stock i just dont like look of camo guns Just my taste Anyone any opinions regards a good o/u that would take punishment of the coast price range would be 1000/1500

Worth looking for a good old Winchester waterfowl. Gun trader has one on there. They are a good weight and three inch multi choke. Only drawback is they were made pre steel shot proofing as far as I know so you would need some advice on that.

in practice any well made gun should suffice you just have to expect they will get rust on them and soon loose their finish but you can minimise all that with care and thorough cleaning. They will also be a fraction of your budget and you will be less worried for all of that.

Guest cookoff013
2 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

£1 to 1.5k to sit by the coast and get salt washed, you sir are far too affluent, by your self a Baikal and if you wear it out go and buy another few with the left over £1250. ?

I'd second this

what about the new yildiz ou fowling gun? can be had as ejector or non ejector. got good write ups and not too expensive

40 minutes ago, cookoff013 said:

I'd second this

2 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

£1 to 1.5k to sit by the coast and get salt washed, you sir are far too affluent, by your self a Baikal and if you wear it out go and buy another few with the left over £1250. ?

you will pay this for a decent ayuto..

Another for the Browning waterfowl i have had my 425 waterfowl since 2006 its a camo and the duratouch is the worst part of the gun by far, but in use it probably helps stop it rusting, you have to keep them clean and i chose to buy extended after market chokes i feel they were worth the extra investment. As a wildfowling gun i think they are perfect and i like the way they handle.

9 hours ago, motty said:

You could just buy pretty much any 3" magnum multi choked o/u out there. There is a LOT of choice.

Thats not such a bad idea as although in my case i have a 3.5 inch o/u , its largely irelivant as i never use 3.5 inch ammo in that gun.  Ok the option to use 3.5 inch is there should it ever be required, You need to ask yourself DO YOU NEED 3.5 inch.?

There are a whole host of 3 inch guns out there a lot cheaper than the dedicated waterfowl models.