Sign in to follow this  
ditchman

im no expert...wine

went down to East of England co-op...this morning to get supplies and a really cheap bottle of red wine for gravy....

bought a bottle of 

cotes du rhone 2017....£4.99...(red).......

got it back wipped the cork out and left it to breath in the sitting room..........and hour later i took a slug out of it..................i tell you now i have drunk some poo stuff in my life and expensive too

this stuff is a real eyeopener................it is bloody gorgeous.................this my friends aint going to last long in the kitchen

and £4.99..............ditch luvs a bargain......

Some excellent drinkable wines at around a fiver.  Aldi do BIG bottles of Prosecco for £12 ...£6 a litre and it is brilliant specially with a small shot of plum vodka in the glass first.  Most of these wine writers are on a deal anyway.

really good to know that there are some good drinkable stuff out there at reasonable prices.............

doc has told me to stop drinking sherry but im alright on wine more red than white...

4 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

Good find.

To be honest I always cook with a wine I would want to drink, if it’s not good enough to drink why cook with it?

Indeed, makes cooking more pleasant too, if you can have a good drop whilst doing it.:good:

well thats that.......7.30 and all gone a bit with my 1lb rib eye 'cept a smigin for the roast 2moz................................god im mutherless................:lol:

I always follow WC Field's maxim

"I cook with wine, sometimes I'm even known to add it to the food"

I find that Lidl and Aldi do some very drinkable red wines at very reasonable prices

1 hour ago, dead eye alan said:

Sainsburys Country manor £5.99 for 2.5 lt I think. Comes in a carton with a tap. 

"carton"........"tap"..................................thats sounds like my style......

2 hours ago, ratchers said:

Aldi kooliburra reserve at £3.99

One bottle is never enough!

£3.99 !!!...................is that leagal ?

Gone are the days of Blue Nun and the like,  there are some very nice wines out there now that dont break the bank. I am an avid fan of Rioja.

1 hour ago, la bala said:

Gone are the days of Blue Nun and the like,  there are some very nice wines out there now that dont break the bank. I am an avid fan of Rioja.

remember Justina...?.......................made with real battery acid 

living "in style"....was a bottle of justina (robbed off a tramp) with a pkt of dried risiotto.................thats how we used to win our girl friends

(what the hell was that company that used to make the dehydrated posh food....its on the tip of my tougue)

9 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Vesta!:good:

yyyeeeeesssss..............christ...............that would have been gnawing at my brain late at night.................they did a cho-mein as well............