Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what sizes gp's originally came in? 

Ive got 4's 5's and 6's in paper cased now and would like to make it a complete set, cant seem to find a list online but I'm sure someone on here who used them back in the day will know. 

Thanks in advance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dipper said:

Was given full box of Grand Prix  HV  in 1shot 

Lucky man! 

I'm not to fussed about full boxes although wouldn't turn them down, I'll keep and eye out for no. 1's

53 minutes ago, matone said:

Pretty much everything,I`ve had LG ,SG,AAA before.

 

29 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

They've been selling them for decades, so you've got a long journey ahead to get all of the different variants!!

Thats fine lol, only started collecting properly in the last month or so but really taken by it, I'm not bothered about having things that might be worth something, more cause of what they look like, I'm really taken by sellier and bellot at the minute too. 

15 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I have a couple of full boxes of GP BB somewhere? I think Eley made the full range of shot sizes over the years?

Thanks for thr replies, I've got some plastic case 7's but don't really count them, I'll keep an eye on on here an holts as they always seem to have a reasonable selection in their sealed bid auction, unless any of you lot fancy selling or swapping some haha 

Edited by Farmboy91
Link to post
Share on other sites

First shot gun was a 16 bore came with a box of Grand Prix 6 papercase crimp closure .When I saved up for another box took me a few weeks to save up the 14 shillings and sixpence..A bus ride to Stensbys  cartridges were paper cases R T O .served by the old mr Stensbys 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dipper said:

First shot gun was a 16 bore came with a box of Grand Prix 6 papercase crimp closure .When I saved up for another box took me a few weeks to save up the 14 shillings and sixpence..A bus ride to Stensbys  cartridges were paper cases R T O .served by the old mr Stensbys 

 

There's definitely a magic in that that's lost now, wish I'd been born a few decades earlier. 

I have a couple boxes of Grand Prix 16 bore which I've posted in the other thread, not paper cased unfortunately though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Eley first used the name Grand Prix in March 1903. The Paris Grand Prix was the biggest shooting event in the world at the time and it was won using Eley cartridges for the second time.

I have had a little read up and saw that too, very much doubt I'll find anything older than the war time issue one though lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

I have had a little read up and saw that too, very much doubt I'll find anything older than the war time issue one though lol

Oh you will if you join one of the cartridge collecting organisations and start collecting seriously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Oh you will if you join one of the cartridge collecting organisations and start collecting seriously.

I think I will join UKCC, to be honest at the minute it's just a bit of fun, looking bits that will look good on display in room (when I actually get round to having one) 

4 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Here’s a couple more Eley ones 

EF127864-40B0-4B54-AA6E-C23AE1975E72.jpeg

Is the blue one a mock up? Never seen anything like it before 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I think I will join UKCC, to be honest at the minute it's just a bit of fun, looking bits that will look good on display in room (when I actually get round to having one) 

Is the blue one a mock up? Never seen anything like it before 

No it’s a genuine cartridge for a punt gun 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...