Packham

wymberley

5 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

For all his faults, and yes there are mamy, he also does fight things like palm plantations, and is very against them, he did a documentary in sumatra and showing the deforestation etc, and how its slowly destroying the life of hunter gatherers. Ao he may eind us up about grouse and pheasant shooting but he can sometimes point his attention to bigger world issues. 

but the thing is ,,he cant get his thick head around that if there was no hunting ...fishing ...shooting...............there would be precious little for him to look at............as this country values its wildlife and has managed the landscape for it to excist.............

I used to shoot the Henham estate....and when the Aussi Earl sold out to Latitude...we went for a look see around the place............it was a wildlife desert....just full of magpies.............the change was totally mind numbing in just one year............where as before it was a wildlife haven ...i remember shooting on of the oak woods...and before the pheasants came thro a biiiggg herd of reds came thro the shooting line , and we all have to hide behind the oaks so we didnt get gored to death...............the song birds were a joy to see and listen to.......................all that is gone now......

Edited by ditchman

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

but the thing is ,,he cant get his thick head around that if there was no hunting ...fishing ...shooting...............there would be precious little for him to look at............as this country values its wildlife and has managed the landscape for it to excist.............

Absolutely, there must be a 100 Game Keepers in this country deserve a gong if not a Knighthood for their unseen unappreciated work to preserve wildlife.

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Absolutely, there must be a 100 Game Keepers in this country deserve a gong if not a Knighthood for their unseen unappreciated work to preserve wildlife.

Gents, there is a means for nominating someone for a gong.  It would be good if we can nominate some genuine conservationists in an attempt to redress balance, following Packham receiving a gong for services to, er….Packham.

To quote the website:

What people get honours for:

• making a difference to their community or field of work
  • enhancing Britain’s reputation
  • long-term voluntary service
  • innovation and entrepreneurship
  • changing things, with an emphasis on achievement
  • improving life for people less able to help themselves
  • displaying moral courage

5 hours ago, Remimax said:

don't undersrand why this total tool is getting this award.

Pwobably got his family to nominate him

He should've been sacked from the BBC for using the transmition for his own ends 

The BBC is meant to be dipomatic and not meant to be one sided for them that's in the limelight to use it to their own ends

At the end of the day it is the public license payers that feather his own nest with massive wages and contracts

And he can'nt even speak pwoper Qweens English

He could'nt even do the weather forecast " It's going to wain tonight and turn to fwost in morning with more wain tomowwow"

3 hours ago, Scully said:

I think it’s rather hypocritical accepting an honour from people you clearly dislike. 

i think the same can be same for Sean Connery....................for years he was taking the English buck...and spouting off about a free Scotland as an independent nation....

then he kneels before the Queen and accepts a Knighthood.......................ugh...

28 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i think the same can be same for Sean Connery....................for years he was taking the English buck...and spouting off about a free Scotland as an independent nation....

then he kneels before the Queen and accepts a Knighthood.......................ugh...

A free Scotland is fine if you can afford to live elsewhere.

49 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Egos, that's what it comes down to in my opinion.