Where are the old PW regulars ?

jonno 357

Is it just me or has this site lost a lot of the regular users to Hunter World ? I don't use this site much myself as I once did but that's only my personal choice.

I have noticed the posts in the general post section are getting almost non existent somedays

I had a quick look on the Hunter World site and there are lots of the PW friendly regulars with high PW post counts that seem to be spending quite a bit of time on there by evidence of there new post counts

Any reason ? Has this site lost its appeal and getting boring ?

It would be nice if we could get a opinion from PW members rather than moderators jumping in with a PC speak

lets here it from the members

jonno

yes there are a few members gone over there been there myself for a look but doesnt seem to be much going on over there i like to float beetween all the sites and look what the days topics are.alls well over here the mod bashing has calmed down maybee cause everyones out shooting and dont have the time to talk .well i am been out about 6 times in last week..oh and as ya probly seen the foxs are getting a hammering so this will contribute to posts being low

The internet is a very accesable place and folks go where they want....this time of year, not alot is happening in the hunting world and perhaps it give others time to persue other interests, and visit the respective forums relating to those interests..... (for example, I know Old Rooster is heavily involved in a motor- cross forum..........despite being a serious hutning man)

We all get slightly bored with the same repetative posts.......and at time PW gets influxes of young kids that like to idea of shooting......and then disappear.

I have noticed over the the last 3 years that PW has slightly moved away being prodominently a pigeon shooting site to become a more gerenal shooting / hunting forum, I also see alot more people getting into FAC fox / rabbit and deer shooting which dosn't press any of my buttons but seems to be the 'in' thing' at the moment.

Anyways.....I still enjoy PW and shall stay until I'm either booted off or drop dead!!!

........................good thread by the way :lol:

Is it just me or has this site lost a lot of the regular users to Hunter World ? I don't use this site much myself as I once did but that's only my personal choice.

I have noticed the posts in the general post section are getting almost non existent somedays

I had a quick look on the Hunter World site and there are lots of the PW friendly regulars with high PW post counts that seem to be spending quite a bit of time on there by evidence of there new post counts

Any reason ? Has this site lost its appeal and getting boring ?

It would be nice if we could get a opinion from PW members rather than moderators jumping in with a PC speak

lets here it from the members

jonno

Hi Jonno hows it going mate i am on both sites PW and Hunter World i find good things about both sites HW is just a young site only been going just over 1 year.

There is also the fact that if you buy some new gear and you report where you got it from your threads are not deleted if you mention another site..

(BEFORE ANYONE STARTS THIS IS NOT A GO AT THE MODS THEY ARE FOLLOWING THE RULES OF THE SITE) its just a bit more laid back on HW

HW seems to have quite a few members that like to meet up on a regular basis. And they try to make the meets so it is reasonable for everyone as far as distance goes.

Last meet was at a rifle club that Steve ( madmanx) organised we took over his local rifle club for the day at the great expense of £8 per head think there was 14 there we had a BBQ as well all game that had been shot by members, Venison steaks / venison & rabbit sausage / pigeon breast / rabbit ect..

Personally i am on both sites most evenings if im not out shooting..

In my honest opinion both sites are good and should be more interactive to promote shooting..

I can only agree with the above. I know I had been "out the loop" for a long while but there seem to be loads of regulars who have either disappeared or don't post as often.

Anyone seen Tommy Trucker or Millomite (Scott)

Pike

I can only agree with the above. I know I had been "out the loop" for a long while but there seem to be loads of regulars who have either disappeared or don't post as often.

Anyone seen Tommy Trucker or Millomite (Scott)

Pike

Scott can be seen on here from time to time, he is also very active on another forum, not Hunters World or NOBs. Not sure if I can post the name here though.

Jerry

To answer you question Jonno, no I don't think so. I think with past controversy some members signed up as they took a certain stance, now some are filtering back again. But as to regular users of PW and the volume of them, I think perhaps (and this is my opinion only) those with the biggest gobs left and I don't mourn that to be honest :D

AFAICS from the other site it's mainly concerned with telling jokes, a little bit of hunting and a fair smathering of PW bashing (seems to come in cycles, bet ones about to start now :oops: ) by a certain group of folks who I won't mention. Quite a few of those folks are not just bashing PW but also it's members, which is nice to see and I'm sure guarentees them a warm welcome back here eventually. Even gone as far as having "some" of the mods over there plead with their members to stop mentioning PW as it's hurting their own site.

I'm not having a go at the other site at all. I'm a member of many sites, including that one, some of which I contribute to, some I don't. If anyone wants to take any of the above opinions personally well that's their problem as I've not named anyone.

Hi Jonno hows it going mate i am on both sites PW and Hunter World i find good things about both sites HW is just a young site only been going just over 1 year.

There is also the fact that if you buy some new gear and you report where you got it from your threads are not deleted if you mention another site..

(BEFORE ANYONE STARTS THIS IS NOT A GO AT THE MODS THEY ARE FOLLOWING THE RULES OF THE SITE) its just a bit more laid back on HW

HW seems to have quite a few members that like to meet up on a regular basis. And they try to make the meets so it is reasonable for everyone as far as distance goes.

Last meet was at a rifle club that Steve ( madmanx) organised we took over his local rifle club for the day at the great expense of £8 per head think there was 14 there we had a BBQ as well all game that had been shot by members, Venison steaks / venison & rabbit sausage / pigeon breast / rabbit ect..

Personally i am on both sites most evenings if im not out shooting..

In my honest opinion both sites are good and should be more interactive to promote shooting..

well said mike - i would of wrote exactly the same as you have put.

i havn't a massive post count but i'm here as much as anyone. i tend to read whats going on more than owt, and find i never have much to say, maybe thats what alot of others do??

By the time i've read whats up, someone else has said all i know on the matter, and there's no point repeating what they've said, just to be heard. I also flick onto THL for terrier info, and BBS for the sales sec, but never get invloved with general banter

ATB Decroyffe

I am a member and also mod, so I will post as a member :D

It's holiday season and things are quiet in general.

Like JG I am a member of many forums but spend most of my time here, I also echo his words about other forums but don't want to derail this thread.

I can only assume people don't think members don't drift from one site to another.

I tend to read more than respond and if i have anything worthy to say I say .To echo previous responses after nearly 3000 posts you can only say the same things so many times

Never looked into Hunters World and a forum is only as good as it's members but i will stick my neck out by saying to make ANY forum a success you need a cross section of characters who don't always agree .It's a shame that some of the abrasive ones on here kept going up to the line and always beyond it leaving the mods with no choice .(I speak from experience :D )

Well I'm still looking in now and again but I have moved on to my new hobby of knife throwing, with a passion. Shooting has just taken a back seat. People just move on I think.

:yes:

Knife Throwing :oops:

If my memory serves me right, you had hands like shovels!

You could hold the knives AND the butcher block in those mitts!

Thats scary :D

Nice to see your still around :)

like many others, i read the topics way more than i post. only post really if i have something helpful to say etc. also i think people go through many stages. i used to go on pw all the time, then got abit bored, and then come back. i think i over did it a little. i also like to go on other forums which i have hobbies in and when my activity on pw died down, i was largely on motocross forums.