Why ?

spurs 14

2 minutes ago, Mightymariner said:

On what basis will they lose their certificates?

Problem is each firearms dept appears to give different advice.

BASC should be seeking to clarify this on behalf of their members.

Or perhaps people should just accept the lockdown and stay in!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't it a strange aspect of human nature that as soon as we are told not to do something some people start looking for ways round it? Not just on this subject but generally. The builders were still working on the extension near where I live yesterday.

Pictures still appearing on facebook of crowded tube trains in London, no way are they all NHS staff, police etc. Most appear to be young men in cheap clothes and backpacks working in the gig economy.

People are saying "where does it say you can't go shooting?"  Do you really have to ask?

Edited by Vince Green

5 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Isn't it a strange aspect of human nature that as soon as we are told not to do something some people start looking for ways round it? Not just on this subject but generally. The builders were still working on the extension near where I live yesterday.

Pictures still appearing on facebook of crowded tube trains in London, no way are they all NHS staff, police etc. Most appear to be young men in cheap clothes and backpacks working in the gig economy.

And we (PW) have our fair share

45 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Corrected that for you - Greater social distancing than most will achieve.

Are you sure its law?

:good:Thats the point Dave. It's not clear. As with all this stuff made up on the hoof we just have to go with what we have for the time being. 

its the same people who think they have a good reason to be out on the pigeons now, who thought the general licence issue last year didn't apply to them, who will continue to use lead after the ban and will want someone else to blame when someone they love gets ill or they get the ticket revoked.

you just cant get through to that dangerous level of entitlement and selfishness.

the only way unfortunately  its to put measures in place for all to contain the minority of stupid.  be like the early GL ban. blanket ban until this has passed unless you have an emergency licence applied for by the land owner anyone without one is committing an offence that will make it cut and dry.

25 minutes ago, Sweet11-87 said:

its the same people who think they have a good reason to be out on the pigeons now, who thought the general licence issue last year didn't apply to them, who will continue to use lead after the ban and will want someone else to blame when someone they love gets ill or they get the ticket revoked.

you just cant get through to that dangerous level of entitlement and selfishness.

the only way unfortunately  its to put measures in place for all to contain the minority of stupid.  be like the early GL ban. blanket ban until this has passed unless you have an emergency licence applied for by the land owner anyone without one is committing an offence that will make it cut and dry.

if your committing a offence by shooting please explain why cheshire police both left a shooter to continue shooting yesterday and removed a walker who complained about it 

Not sure why this post is still going on to be honest. Didn’t see any pigeons so didn’t need to go out. Did DIY instead which is far, far more likely to cause injury and a drain on the NHS than a loan shooter in a field.  Considering 20 people a year die and 200,000 are injured in the U.K. every year doing DIY I suggest we all stop doing DIY immediately. 

And I am on a tea break.  Could have scalded myself making that tea. 

Edited by AVB

55 minutes ago, AVB said:

Not sure why this post is still going on to be honest

It's still going because people still think going shooting is a reason to be out.

56 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if your committing a offence by shooting please explain why cheshire police both left a shooter to continue shooting yesterday and removed a walker who complained about it 

I've read the post, in this case Cheshire police were sensible about shooting,  but there was a walker, the shooter the farmer and 1? Copper all out because someone was shooting,  how will the press report that, police time wasted because shooter breaks curfew, they won't give a monkey's about the crops.

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

never said it was an offence so good job...... i said it should be.

we  have closed seasons for all game birds to allow them to recover  and to not cause lasting damage that we adhere too.  why cant we just adhere to a few weeks to allow people to recover and prevent lasting damage?.

as for the DIY post........ Do we really need a long list of stuff not to do?  if your doing a bit painting fine. probably not wise to climb up on the roof....

its infuriating how uncommon common sense is these days. i always wondered why they need to put may contain nuts on a bag of peanuts and do not drink on a bottle of bleach. few in here have answered that for me over the last few pages.

2 minutes ago, Sweet11-87 said:

never said it was an offence so good job...... i said it should be.

we  have closed seasons for all game birds to allow them to recover  and to not cause lasting damage that we adhere too.  why cant we just adhere to a few weeks to allow people to recover and prevent lasting damage?.

as for the DIY post........ Do we really need a long list of stuff not to do?  if your doing a bit painting fine. probably not wise to climb up on the roof....

its infuriating how uncommon common sense is these days. i always wondered why they need to put may contain nuts on a bag of peanuts and do not drink on a bottle of bleach. few in here have answered that for me over the last few pages.

ah misread it you were on about the gl at the bottom part must put my bins on lol 

24 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It's still going because people still think going shooting is a reason to be out.

I've read the post, in this case Cheshire police were sensible about shooting,  but there was a walker, the shooter the farmer and 1? Copper all out because someone was shooting,  how will the press report that, police time wasted because shooter breaks curfew, they won't give a monkey's about the crops.

i’m no fan of mr plod but on this occasion they supported us we need to praise them not annoy them with negative comments on the chap 

45 minutes ago, Sweet11-87 said:

And that’s the problem. People have a different interpretation of common sense. I wouldn’t go anywhere near a roof, crisis or not. Others may feel quite comfortable doing it. I would feel quite comfortable (if there were any pigeons around) walking to the one field that the farmer had asked me to keep an eye on and scaring the pigeons away.