UK made PPE not being taken by NHS

Dave-G

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, just watched bbc 2 news, seems quite a few uk companies making or selling PPE contacted the government including matt hancock directly to help the NHS but this was never taken up, that i find APPALLING !!!!!!

It would be appalling if it was true. I doubt that it is.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MirokuMK70 said:

Indeed, it must have been very boring being a policeman back in those halcyon heartbeat days when no one broke the law and everyone under 25 paused their hard manual work in the fields to touch their forelock to you.

I for one find the constant "everyone was better in my day" narrative extremely irritating... 

No we still had wasters back then but not in the numbers we seem to have now.  It was instilled in us to touch our helmets when we approached a member of the public even if we were about to book them for speeding.   Still touch my cap to a lady to this day, good manners.

1 hour ago, JDog said:

It would be appalling if it was true. I doubt that it is.

hello, well they interviewed 2  directors of their companies and 1 said he had contacted Matt Hancock direct as well as the NHS, the other Director company had 1 million face masks in stock and had contacted the NHS, these were only 2 companies of those in UK who make or import PPE that spoke on the news, both knew of other companies in the same position, i cannot see those directors telling lies at a time like this in uk

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

hello, it will only be when this pandemic is over and hospitals and NHS staff can get back to a more routine life and work that the UK citizens should look back and see what they did to save many lives and deal with many deaths, WE SHOULD BE PRAISING THEM EVERY DAY,EVERY WEEK, EVERY MONTH,EVERY YEAR, THIS YEAR, PREVIOUS YEARS, AND YEARS TO COME, yet i dare say in a few months after your get the weekend routine at every hospital A and E dealing with the usual abuse/ attacks/ and more just doing their job

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well they interviewed 2  directors of their companies and 1 said he had contacted Matt Hancock direct as well as the NHS, the other Director company had 1 million face masks in stock and had contacted the NHS, these were only 2 companies of those in UK who make or import PPE that spoke on the news, both knew of other companies in the same position, i cannot see those directors telling lies at a time like this in uk

I absolutely can see directors or anybody else spinning a tale to the press that they think will influence them winning business.

The ones crying to the press are the one trying to work an angle and the press will lap it up because people react exactly like you have.  Shouting about how appalling it is without any real understanding of the facts, just a headline that you have read.

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

I absolutely can see directors or anybody else spinning a tale to the press that they think will influence them winning business.

The ones crying to the press are the one trying to work an angle and the press will lap it up because people react exactly like you have.  Shouting about how appalling it is without any real understanding of the facts, just a headline that you have read.

hello, what absolute tosh, why would 2 company directors go on british television and try and help the government with the  NHS  shortfall of PPE and you think its just winning business at this time in the UK, i did not read it it was on bbc 2 news hour,

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, what absolute tosh, why would 2 company directors go on british television and try and help the government with the  NHS  shortfall of PPE and you think its just winning business at this time in the UK, i did not read it it was on bbc 2 news hour,

Why on earth wouldn't they?

Don't you think there is a load of people being opportunisitic right now and trying to take advantage?

Did you see the apology the BBC were foced to make after they claimed "a CEO of an NHS trust got in touch with BBC to ask for the phone number of Barbour and Burberry as they needed scrubs and gowns"?  The guy that phoned the BBC had absolutely nothing to do with any NHS trust, he was a self proclaimed CEO of a supply chain organisation that had just been setup, it wasn't even a bonafide company.

The BBC still ran the story on their website, news channels and social media channels, all a load of bunkum.

Perhaps you saw the story in the news where a £15m fraud took place across 5 or 6 European countries where a 'company director' pretended he had a load of kit that was 100% ficitious.

There are thousands of companies that are trying to sell into the NHS right now at vastly inflated costs, literally thousands of organisations trying to exploit the siutation.

11 minutes ago, JDog said:

Grrclark.

We seem to have agreed twice of late. This is dangerous territory for both of us.

Hahahaha scary and unusual times indeed JDog

8 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Why on earth wouldn't they?

Don't you think there is a load of people being opportunisitic right now and trying to take advantage?

Did you see the apology the BBC were foced to make after they claimed "a CEO of an NHS trust got in touch with BBC to ask for the phone number of Barbour and Burberry as they needed scrubs and gowns"?  The guy that phoned the BBC had absolutely nothing to do with any NHS trust, he was a self proclaimed CEO of a supply chain organisation that had just been setup, it wasn't even a bonafide company.

The BBC still ran the story on their website, news channels and social media channels, all a load of bunkum.

Perhaps you saw the story in the news where a £15m fraud took place across 5 or 6 European countries where a 'company director' pretended he had a load of kit that was 100% ficitious.

There are thousands of companies that are trying to sell into the NHS right now at vastly inflated costs, literally thousands of organisations trying to exploit the siutation.

Hahahaha scary and unusual times indeed JDog

hello, then the bbc should have done their home work and got better information on this person, the vast majority of companies in the UK who offered their products are genuine, yet we go and buy 400,000 PPE gowns from Turkey, i agree there will be scammers like that £15 million fraud, i do not believe there are 1000s trying to sell or exploit the NHS, or maybe Dyson and the 100s of companies now making ventilators or parts like the racing car company are they exploiting the NHS, are the 1000s of people across the uk making face masks/head masks/ gowns / wash bags exploiting too???? 

There was a similar article weeks ago where the director of a UK company whined to the press that he had ventilators he could have supplied, but was ignored by the government because they wanted to deal with their cronies, i.e. Dyson and JCB.

He did have machines, just that none of them were up to spec, but he conveniently ignored that whilst bemoaning the fact to the TV and printed media that he was “just trying to help” and was being shunned by the bad politicians.

My point is simple, business is ugly and people in business always have an agenda and while there is massive media attention there will always be people happy to try and take advantage and cry foul.

Just try to be balanced and considered when you see or read any media story, seldom is it as clear cut or simple as it might first appear.

A final question for you, had you ever heard of either company of those two directors or even heard of the individuals?  What makes you content to believe then over the mp’s and civil servants who have made themselves accountable to the press every single evening?

hello, yes it seems that way this government want to work, a local company has a warehouse full of ventilators after working around the clock making them and still in the warehouse, the daily Government meeting with the reporters on via video link, most questions asked do not get a true reflection reply  and very hesitant to tell the real truth of what is going on like why the lack of PPE  or are face masks a good idea for UK citizens, well Germany think so, and as for MPs they only tell you what they want you to know, and after the expenses scandal enough said

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

23 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, yes it seems that way this government want to work, a local company has a warehouse full of ventilators after working around the clock making them and still in the warehouse, the daily Government meeting with the reporters on via video link, most questions asked do not get a true reflection reply  and very hesitant to tell the real truth of what is going on like why the lack of PPE  or are face masks a good idea for UK citizens, well Germany think so, and as for MPs they only tell you what they want you to know, and after the expenses scandal enough said

Germany may think so but also there are many countries that don't think so. Only time will tell who got things right. 

1 hour ago, grrclark said:

There was a similar article weeks ago where the director of a UK company whined to the press that he had ventilators he could have supplied, but was ignored by the government because they wanted to deal with their cronies, i.e. Dyson and JCB.

He did have machines, just that none of them were up to spec, but he conveniently ignored that whilst bemoaning the fact to the TV and printed media that he was “just trying to help” and was being shunned by the bad politicians.

I'm sure the ventilators were in the UAE and he was just a middle man looking to cash in on the situation.

3 hours ago, grrclark said:

My point is simple, business is ugly and people in business always have an agenda and while there is massive media attention there will always be people happy to try and take advantage and cry foul.

Just try to be balanced and considered when you see or read any media story, seldom is it as clear cut or simple as it might first appear.

A final question for you, had you ever heard of either company of those two directors or even heard of the individuals?  What makes you content to believe then over the mp’s and civil servants who have made themselves accountable to the press every single evening?

Surely not! These are "wealth creators" to be placed upon pedestals and worshipped by the ten million work shy wingers! 🙈😂

46 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Surely not! These are "wealth creators" to be placed upon pedestals and worshipped by the ten million work shy wingers! 🙈😂

I’m curious, where did the pedestal, worship and work shy bits come from?

There are loads of whining people though, that bit’s accuarate.

9 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I’m curious, where did the pedestal, worship and work shy bits come from?

There are loads of whining people though, that bit’s accuarate.

Just my impression of how I felt you viewed employees, as unintelligent, workshy whingers, who should look up to the likes of Sir Branson, or Sir Phillip Green and be thankful for their miserable lives. Then again, maybe I'm being a touch facetious.

8 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Just my impression of how I felt you viewed employees, as unintelligent, workshy whingers, who should look up to the likes of Sir Branson, or Sir Phillip Green and be thankful for their miserable lives. Then again, maybe I'm being a touch facetious.

Just a touch.

Do you feel miserable in having to work for someone? Feels a bit like some projection going on.