Cummings in the soup?

Retsdon

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Cummings had the virus. The rules cannot be clearer. Nothing about kids. 

Can I leave my home if I'm self-isolating?

If you or someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus:

• do not leave your home for any reason – if you need food or medicine, order it online or by phone, or ask someone to deliver it to your home
  • do not have visitors in your home – including friends and family
  • do any exercise at home – you can use your garden, if you have one

Link to gov.uk page 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

half way down is section regarding children. 

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, AVB said:

It says that some of these measures will not be possible. Nothing about leaving home if you are ill. 

However IF there is a question of doubt you don't get your best mate to investigate for you and give you a clean bill of health. All as that does is question the integrity of BJ too. 

Just now, oowee said:

It says that some of these measures will not be possible. Nothing about leaving home if you are ill. 

However IF there is a question of doubt you don't get your best mate to investigate for you and give you a clean bill of health. All as that does is question the integrity of BJ too. 

So you accept that you were wrong about him having clearly broken the rules and now want to focus on who investigated him? 

5 minutes ago, AVB said:

So you accept that you were wrong about him having clearly broken the rules and now want to focus on who investigated him? 

Not at all. He had the disease. There is nothing in the rules that says anything about being able to leave home under any circumstances. He has clearly broken the rules.

However, if he wants to contest that this is the case and wants to plead special circumstances, then asking your friend to investigate only compounds the issue and implicates BJ in the process.

5 minutes ago, AVB said:

He did break the rules. What's more he had his wife write a deceitful piece in a newspaper to cover his actions up. So he not only broke the rules, he lied about having broken them. Politically, his position is indefensible. 

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not at all. He had the disease. There is nothing in the rules that says anything about being able to leave home under any circumstances. He has clearly broken the rules.

However, if he wants to contest that this is the case and wants to plead special circumstances, then asking your friend to investigate only compounds the issue and implicates BJ in the process.

That is you interpretation. The gov.uk page clearly states that when living with children you should “Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible.” 

it doesn’t say you have to stay indoors and can’t leave under any circumstances. It says, and I’ll repeat it again, “Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible.”

So I am right and you are wrong. Just accept that. 

Nothing to do with who should or shouldn’t investigate it just the facts. 

10 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

He did break the rules. What's more he had his wife write a deceitful piece in a newspaper to cover his actions up. So he not only broke the rules, he lied about having broken them. Politically, his position is indefensible. 

I refer to the answer previously given. 

if we had the access he does we would all be giving very loud interviews to clear our names this is a clear two fingers in the face of the public from the government how can you be to busy to clear both your name and integrity cummings is clearly a liar and a very bad one at that 

well i feel like ive been well and truly xxxxxx over by boris johnson.

not being a traditional conservative voter , i was a little wary of voting for boris in the general election , i only really did it as i could see no other sensible option , but ,  from day one , id been feeling better and better about my decision , boris was out visiting working class people , and making all the right noises , and i thought that his earlier actions in this covid business were very good(if a little slow). but at 5pm today , he xxxxxx down my back and told me it was raining , i couldnt feel any more insulted , if hed come around to my house and spat in my eye .

since day one , ive followed government advice to the letter . ive gone to work despite the fact that i had major concerns , i locked myself and my family in the house when not working  , ive kept away from my mother and the rest of my family , thinking that i was doing the right thing ,and being loyal to my country, and helping to stop the spread of covid19.

im still unsure as to the whole cummings business , but i know damned sure that boris johnson was standing there and saying xxxx you to the british public.

28 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

No it gets worse and worse when you read **** thats orchestrated to make it look worse and worse.

The bloke did all he could do you would have done exactly the same.

23 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

not being a traditional conservative voter , i was a little wary of voting for boris in the general election , i only really did it as i could see no other sensible option , but ,  from day one , id been feeling better and better about my decision , boris was out visiting working class people , and making all the right noises , and i thought that his earlier actions in this covid business were very good(if a little slow). but at 5pm today , he xxxxxx down my back and told me it was raining , i couldnt feel any more insulted , if hed come around to my house and spat in my eye .

since day one , ive followed government advice to the letter . ive gone to work despite the fact that i had major concerns , i locked myself and my family in the house when not working  , ive kept away from my mother and the rest of my family , thinking that i was doing the right thing ,and being loyal to my country, and helping to stop the spread of covid19.

im still unsure as to the whole cummings business , but i know damned sure that boris johnson was standing there and saying xxxx you to the british public.

You should get out more. 

30 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Johnson  was saying cummings did no wrong because he did not do anything wrong.

his only crime was he exists and the sinister media dont want him there any more.

15 minutes ago, AVB said:

You should get out more. 

and you should learn to weld , any bloke that cant weld his own landrover should wear a frock :yes:

6 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Johnson  was saying cummings did no wrong because he did not do anything wrong.

his only crime was he exists and the sinister media dont want him there any more.

what cummings did was wriggle around the guidelines while most of us did as we were told . johnson stood in front of the country and said xxxx you .

5 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

and you should learn to weld , any bloke that cant weld his own landrover should wear a frock 

what cummings did was wriggle around the guidelines while most of us did as we were told . johnson stood in front of the country and said xxxx you .

If you had been in his position you would have done exactly the same. Dont say you wouldn’t because i dont believe you. you got kids i got kids and you know as well as me you would have been there right with him.

Someone posted this on Twitter. Very true.

Given that Cummings travelled w/ known symptoms, the responsible thing to do would be to hand over access to his mobile phone and vehicle's Sat Nav to contact trace his movements to identify anyone he could have infected. He’s VERY keen we should all do that. It would also exonerate him against those wicked false accusations that he did it more than once.

And this also from Twitter.

If you have avoided visiting an elderly or sick parent, in accordance with the law, It’s because you don’t have family instincts like Dominic Cummings. If you lost a loved one and, in accordance with the law, did not attend their funeral, it’s because you don’t love your loved ones as much as Dominic Cummings.

Edited by enfieldspares

21 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

and you should learn to weld , any bloke that cant weld his own landrover should wear a frock 

Got a pop rivet gun though. Put my first panel on today. What a faff. 

24 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

If you had been in his position you would have done exactly the same. Dont say you wouldn’t because i dont believe you. you got kids i got kids and you know as well as me you would have been there right with him.

i doubt anyone on here has the low enough standards of cummings to endanger the life of others and if they did at least they would have the guts to own up instead of giving everyone the finger by lying 

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

i doubt anyone on here has the low enough standards of cummings to endanger the life of others and if they did at least they would have the guts to own up instead of giving everyone the finger by lying 

How did anyone get endangered ?

16 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

You're right , if I felt that one of my children were in danger in any way , I'd take any steps necessary to protect them , although I think I could have done it without travelling hundreds of miles .

My gripe is with Boris Johnson and his xxxx you attitude .  I'm no Einstein but I know when someone is flipping me the bird . I've been right behind the government every step of the way , I've followed the guidance to the letter , thinking that I was doing the right thing and helping my country , and then for Boris to stand there and say that Cummings did the right thing , is just insulting. 

I don't do politics , I finds most politicians (of all parties) greasy , scheming , liars , most of them would happily trample your average citizen into the ground , if it gained them an extra quid in the bank , or five seconds on the TV. 

I'm even more annoyed at myself for thinking that Boris Johnson would be a decent bloke , then again , I also believed in Tony Blair,  and look how that worked out.

35 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

This. I was told I shouldn’t drive to Wolverhampton to collect my daughter when uni’ closed, shortly after the lockdown was introduced, but I did. 

17 minutes ago, AVB said:

Got a pop rivet gun though. Put my first panel on today. What a faff. 

you must have a heart like a lion. Life is just too short to own a Landrover. I wake up screaming some nights sit up sweating Muttering OH NO not again.

The wife switches on a CD with the vapours Turning japanese. And shows me Hilux and fourteak sales brosures from the mid 80s. i calm down the feaver goes down and i sleep soundly after that.