Trump tests positive!

Scully

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Are any of us really surprised that he got it and that his behaviour is so poor.

The man has no class.

He has to act like its nothing,  otherwise he's finished.  He needs to be back on the election circuit (circus) waving to his fans. 

So glad I don't live in the states. 

6 hours ago, Vince Green said:

The conspiracy theory is that he hasn't got it at all but he was trailing in the polls so now he can say he was nobbled

Yes and Boris didn't have it either.

Did any of these conspiracy nuts stop to think, that maybe Trump is one of the lucky ones, who show little to no symptoms and hardly knows they have it.

I don't see how pretending to have or getting this virus could help his campaign. Did these conspiracy nuts explain the reasoning?

Edit - we may be thinking of 2 different conspiracies. The one you are describing is he would somehow use it as an excuse for losing. The one I heard was that somehow he would get more votes now he has the virus, although the conspiracy suggests he doesn't.

Like somehow if it was happening when we had our general election, if Corbyn got ill with this virus, I would've changed my mind and voted for Labour in the hope that Corbyn would be PM. It just simply wouldn't happen.

Edited by Newbie to this
So udderlyoffroad's pet peeve is silenced

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Like somehow if it was happening when we had our general election, I would've voted for Corbyn for PM if he got Ill with this virus. It just simply wouldn't happen.

Again, (and this is a pet peeve of mine), we do not elect a Prime minister in this country.  You elect your local MP, and whichever party has the most MPs gets to form a government.

And speaking of pet peeves...

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

So glad I don't live in the states.

Why, exactly?  They cherish freedom and democracy over there.  Most Americans I have spoken to, even the urbanites, have a far better grasp on where their food comes from than the average Brit.  The overwhelming majority would allow you to have a gun to put food on the table, and probably had some exposure to it in their youth.  Yes, the tribalism of the politics is a little tedious, but your statement is a little like an American saying 'so glad I don't live in Europe'....the broadest of brushes going.

The actions of the president, actually, are a glorious irrelevance to to the day-to-day lives of most people.  This is why Trump won't 'get the blame' for his handling of Corona, that's a matter for State Governors - there are 50 different responses to it.  Same with law and order.

39 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Again, (and this is a pet peeve of mine), we do not elect a Prime minister in this country.  You elect your local MP, and whichever party has the most MPs gets to form a government.

Yes, but ultimately for me anyway, I'm voting for the Party and the person I want in charge of the Country. So effectively I'm voting for who I want (out of who is running) to be in charge, both the Party and the Leader, I couldn't care less about my local MP.

So sorry about your pet peeve, but to me it's meaningless.

It's like all those MPs who changed parties under the last Parliament, they all said the same "I was elected, not the party" or along those lines, how many got re-elected under their new party? None!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/every-mp-fails-reelected-a4312651.html

Edited by Newbie to this

14 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Yes, but ultimately for me anyway, I'm voting for the Party and the person I want in charge of the Country.

You are demonstrably not.

14 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

So sorry about your pet peeve, but to me it's meaningless.

That's alright, my pet peeve is alive and healthy, and his kennel mate, my pet smugness, is currently humping the sofa.  Your wrong-ness has given him the horn. 😄

Edited by udderlyoffroad

1 minute ago, udderlyoffroad said:

You are demonstrably not.

I fully understand that I vote for my local MP, but my local MP doesn't come into my decision making for how I vote. In my decision making I couldn't care less who my local MP candidates are, it's the party they stand for and the leader that makes my mind up.

So again keep your pet peeve and smugness, they mean nothing to me, you may vote on your local MPs merits, most do not, as proved by the MPs who changed parties and all failed to get re-elected at the last election.

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I fully understand that I vote for my local MP, but my local MP doesn't come into my decision making for how I vote. In my decision making I couldn't care less who my local MP candidates are, it's the party they stand for and the leader that makes my mind up.

It's an approach, it's just not how our democracy works.   The point is, don't go online in a public forum and write that, and expect not to be called out on it.

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

So again keep your pet peeve and smugness, they mean nothing to me, you may vote on your local MPs merits

Actually, a massive short coming of said system is that in safe seats such as mine, a proverbial donkey with a red rosette could get elected, so I could vote based on who I prefer as prime minister, their hair cut, whether their wife is hot, etc.  Wouldn't make a difference, but I would still, fundamentally, be wrong.

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Why, exactly?  They cherish freedom and democracy over there.  Most Americans I have spoken to, even the urbanites, have a far better grasp on where their food comes from than the average Brit.  The overwhelming majority would allow you to have a gun to put food on the table, and probably had some exposure to it in their youth.  Yes, the tribalism of the politics is a little tedious, but your statement is a little like an American saying 'so glad I don't live in Europe'....the broadest of brushes going.

The actions of the president, actually, are a glorious irrelevance to to the day-to-day lives of most people.  This is why Trump won't 'get the blame' for his handling of Corona, that's a matter for State Governors - there are 50 different responses to it.  Same with law and order.

Why? Why is Trump doing drive byes of the crowd outside hospital,  because it's a circus, why did he not condemn the white militia stood on the streets armed, because he'd loose votes.

Obviously we only see the poor side of things, I read one of Guy Martin's books the other week and he paints a fantastic picture of normal Americans,  I've a friend who has lived there for years,  but I'm glad I don't live there despite how fantastic some of it looks, the extreme side of things is just too much for my liking. 

As for who we vote for, it's the party your voting for,  your local MP doesn't set policies,  and the face of the party is the leader, I've no doubt Corbyn cost Labour big time in the last election. 

20 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

It's an approach, it's just not how our democracy works.   The point is, don't go online in a public forum and write that, and expect not to be called out on it.

Actually, a massive short coming of said system is that in safe seats such as mine, a proverbial donkey with a red rosette could get elected, so I could vote based on who I prefer as prime minister, their hair cut, whether their wife is hot, etc.  Wouldn't make a difference, but I would still, fundamentally, be wrong.

All of which I fully understand, but it still doesn't change how I make my mind up when voting. In the last election my vote helped the Conservative candidate, whomever they are, get elected and in turn helped the Conservatives win and Boris become PM, so in my case I did help the party and Leader win and couldn't tell you who my MP is.

I understand that my vote is only for the local MP, but that MP plays zero part in my decision on voting, the party, party leader and their policies do.

Again I'm sorry that I've upset your pet peeve, but again i couldn't care less about your pet peeve or smugness.

I feel your pain that your vote is meaningless in your constituency, but mine wasn't, mine helped the current government get in power, all without knowing who my local MP is, go figure.

Edited by Newbie to this

4 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Like somehow if it was happening when we had our general election, if Corbyn got ill with this virus, I would've changed my mind and voted for Labour in the hope that Corbyn would be PM. It just simply wouldn't happen.

@udderlyoffroad there, I've edited it for you so you, your pet peeve and smugness can stop whining :whistling:

Edited by Newbie to this

Saw his latest exploits on today’s news....his grand entrance and theatrical ( rehearsed ) unveiling of his face from the mask, stuffing it with disregard into his pocket and telling people they shouldn’t fear the virus! 
The man is simply just the most incredible moron, but hilariously so!
I only hope he lives longer enough to realise just what an imbecile he is, but doubt he has the intelligence. 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Saw his latest exploits on today’s news....his grand entrance and theatrical ( rehearsed ) unveiling of his face from the mask, stuffing it with disregard into his pocket and telling people they shouldn’t fear the virus! 
I only hope he lives longer enough to realise just what an imbecile he is, but doubt he has the intelligence. 

There is no such thing as bad publicity if it keeps his face on the TV and Biden's face off it then he will have succeeded. The same news a a clip rolling out ever half hour is worth it to his campaign 

Just now, Vince Green said:

There is no such thing as bad publicity if it keeps his face on the TV and Biden's face off it then he will have succeeded. The same news a a clip rolling out ever half hour is worth it to his campaign 

It’s all propaganda, that’s all it is. 

6 hours ago, Scully said:

Sums it up well.  He is compelling viewing, an utter moron, but remarkably good entertainment value.

On 05/10/2020 at 16:57, Mice! said:

Why? Why is Trump doing drive byes of the crowd outside hospital,  because it's a circus, why did he not condemn the white militia stood on the streets armed, because he'd loose votes.

Obviously we only see the poor side of things, I read one of Guy Martin's books the other week and he paints a fantastic picture of normal Americans,  I've a friend who has lived there for years,  but I'm glad I don't live there despite how fantastic some of it looks, the extreme side of things is just too much for my liking. 

As for who we vote for, it's the party your voting for,  your local MP doesn't set policies,  and the face of the party is the leader, I've no doubt Corbyn cost Labour big time in the last election. 

He has always condemned white nationalist. 

You really can’t believe liberal media.  The leader of the proud boys in a colored chap named Enrique Tarrio from South America. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/01/politics/proud-boys-leader-latinos-for-trump/index.html

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

You really can’t believe liberal media

I'm going off the television coverage this week, and thankfully we don't have armed militias or vigilantes on the streets protecting businesses. 

So what's being said in the States about Trump having Covid? Seems a very handy time to get it and be out of hospital in a few days.

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

I'm going off the television coverage this week, and thankfully we don't have armed militias or vigilantes on the streets protecting businesses. 

So what's being said in the States about Trump having Covid? Seems a very handy time to get it and be out of hospital in a few days.

Getting COVID in no way helped trump.  But it’s supposed to be a very easy thing to catch.  I personally don’t know anyone that got it except a guy at work got tested before eye surgery and was positive. But he never felt sick or knew he had it.