New Zealand covid cases up 300%

islandgun

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

We are over it.  Some of us will die,  some of us will not.  

Sounds like you are saying that you are fed up being inconvenienced by restrictions and happy to accept any Covid deaths caused by not following restrictions aimed at minimising casualties.

2 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Most Americans.  You really don’t see that many mask anymore. 

I personally would not equate some being selfish and not wearing masks as, We are over it.  Some of us will die,  some of us will not.  If most Americans are thinking that, i would assume most are not getting vaccinated, as they are over the whole CV19 thing. 

40 minutes ago, ordnance said:

I personally would not equate some being selfish and not wearing masks as, We are over it.  Some of us will die,  some of us will not.  If most Americans are thinking that, i would assume most are not getting vaccinated, as they are over the whole CV19 thing. 

Americans I know are happy to get the vaccine but also happy to continue living life with minimal restrictions until they get it.  

1 hour ago, AVB said:

Americans I know are happy to get the vaccine but also happy to continue living life with minimal restrictions until they get it.  

And how many Americans do you know of around 300 million.  I know people that are happy to get on with it, with minimal restrictions around 4,  the fact that i know that is meaningless. If i knew half the population and what they thought then that would mean something. 

Edited by ordnance

7 hours ago, ordnance said:

And how many Americans do you know of around 300 million.  I know people that are happy to get on with it, with minimal restrictions around 4,  the fact that i know that is meaningless. If i knew half the population and what they thought then that would mean something. 

Well considering that there are minimal restrictions in place in most States I would say that they are learning to live with it. People are at work, shopping, eating and drinking in bars and restaurants. If they weren't happy to do so do you think they would willing do this? I know you think we should be in a draconian lockdown but the facts are that the US has taken a different approach and seems to be getting along OK.  

1 hour ago, AVB said:

Well considering that there are minimal restrictions in place in most States I would say that they are learning to live with it. People are at work, shopping, eating and drinking in bars and restaurants. If they weren't happy to do so do you think they would willing do this? I know you think we should be in a draconian lockdown but the facts are that the US has taken a different approach and seems to be getting along OK.  

Yes they are getting on fine, just around half a million dead. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Maybe it's selfish to expect everyone else to wear a mask for your benefit? 

Its not just for my benefit, its for the doctors nurses etc that have to deal with the fallout of peoples inconsiderate and selfish behaviour. 

11 hours ago, Konor said:

Sounds like you are saying that you are fed up being inconvenienced by restrictions and happy to accept any Covid deaths caused by not following restrictions aimed at minimising casualties.

Yes,  that’s exactly what I’m saying.  My grandmother said, “I’m 90 years old,  I’d rather live my last few months visiting my grandchildren then live my last two years alone”

Edited by NoBodyImportant

Just now, NoBodyImportant said:

Yes,  that’s exactly what I’m saying 

11 hours ago, ordnance said:

Some are getting it some are not.  My wife works with COVID-19 patients at the hospital so they originally said that hospital employees would have to get the vaccine.  My wife and so many others said they would give their two week notice so the hospital backed off.  To be honest if it would have been just made available she probably would have gotten it.  But when your told you have to get something then that triggers something in most Americans.    My wife’s aunt works at a different hospital than my wife and had the first one shot vaccine.  She then caught COVID and gave it to my wife’s grandmother.  She is in the hospital now.  But now they are giving a more effective two shot vaccine but my wife still opted out of it.  

9 hours ago, ordnance said:

Honestly, I’m not even sure what restrictions are in place in around here.  I know you can’t sell alcohol after 10pm and you have to put hand sanitizer on your hands before walking up to the all you can eat buffets.  But other then that I don’t really know what we are “supposed” to be doing. The hand sanitizer before you fix you own plate is a good thing and the bars have found ways around the no alcohol sales after ten.  At 9:30pm you give the bar tender $50 to buy you alcohol for the night.  Then he keeps the beer flowing until closing.  The at closing time they refund you what you didn’t drink.   

3 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Honestly, I’m not even sure what restrictions are in place in around here.  I know you can’t sell alcohol after 10pm and you have to put hand sanitizer on your hands before walking up to the all you can eat buffets.  But other then that I don’t really know what we are “supposed” to be doing. The hand sanitizer before you fix you own plate is a good thing and the bars have found ways around the no alcohol sales after ten.  At 9:30pm you give the bar tender $50 to buy you alcohol for the night.  Then he keeps the beer flowing until closing.  The at closing time they refund you what you didn’t drink.   

Then you have shown yourself to be an ignorant and irresponsible person. 

25 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Yes they are getting on fine, just around half a million dead. 

Its not just for my benefit, its for the doctors nurses etc that have to deal with the fallout of peoples inconsiderate and selfish behaviour. 

My wife is on the front lines at the hospital.  She will tell you as will her nurse friend.  Wear a mask if you want, or don’t.  Doesn’t matter.  Life goes on or doesn’t.  The hospitals aren’t nearly as strained as the news are saying.  They are saying they are to keep the government money flowing.  And son that money is flowing! 

2 minutes ago, JDog said:

Then you have shown yourself to be an ignorant and irresponsible person. 

Why?