It’s a strange one.....

Scully

....or is it? 
Had a visit to home town today and bumped into a few folk I hadn’t seen for awhile. 
A couple of good friends ( early 50’s ) have both had it. Her husband tested negative twice and then suffered more severe symptoms than her. He not only lost his sense of taste and smell, but it affected his hearing also. Neither have any health issues. Her daughter ( 28 ) has been hit hard by it but her husband  remained unaffected throughout. Neither have health issues.
Another mate (64) was on respiration in hospital, and has been left with cysts on his organs. No health issues. 
Another mate and his wife ( mid 50’s) have both had it; the husband was shielding as he has no spleen. Both have fully recovered and have received the vaccine. 
I heard of another woman in town who has had it twice, though the second dose was mild. I have no idea how true this is as I don’t know her. 

Back in the village one of two two sisters I know who live together and both in their 80’s has had it. She (86) caught it during a routine visit to Carlisle hospital. She has made a full recovery, and her sister (82) who cared for her  throughout, has been unaffected. 🤷‍♂️
I sometimes think it’s a strange virus, but then again it acts very much like the common cold virus ( not everyone in the house gets it, and some more severe than others )  except this one can be fatal. 
Took OH’s mother for her first jab last week and sat in my vehicle with my sleeve rolled up, but no one took the hint! 🙂

Edited by Scully

33 minutes ago, Scully said:

Took OH’s mother for her first jab last week and sat in my vehicle with my sleeve rolled up, but no one took the hint

You should have taken chocolates or Macdonald's,  that might have got someone's attention??

Its certainly strange how some are hit hard while others barely notice it.

54 minutes ago, Scully said:

....or is it? 
Had a visit to home town today and bumped into a few folk I hadn’t seen for awhile. 
A couple of good friends ( early 50’s ) have both had it. Her husband tested negative twice and then suffered more severe symptoms than her. He not only lost his sense of taste and smell, but it affected his hearing also. Neither have any health issues. Her daughter ( 28 ) has been hit hard by it but her husband  remained unaffected throughout. Neither have health issues.
Another mate (64) was on respiration in hospital, and has been left with cysts on his organs. No health issues. 
Another mate and his wife ( mid 50’s) have both had it; the husband was shielding as he has no spleen. Both have fully recovered and have received the vaccine. 
I heard of another woman in town who has had it twice, though the second dose was mild. I have no idea how true this is as I don’t know her. 

Back in the village one of two two sisters I know who live together and both in their 80’s has had it. She (86) caught it during a routine visit to Carlisle hospital. She has made a full recovery, and her sister (82) who cared for her  throughout, has been unaffected. 🤷‍♂️
I sometimes think it’s a strange virus, but then again it acts very much like the common cold virus ( not everyone in the house gets it, and some more severe than others )  except this one can be fatal. 
Took OH’s mother for her first jab last week and sat in my vehicle with my sleeve rolled up, but no one took the hint! 🙂

I assumed how bad you have was about how bad your exposure was to it, ie a bit of exposure = a bit of illness. however my eldest son's mate lives with his girlfriend she had it and has recovered and he didn't get it !

For me , the covid lucky dip has been the most worrying thing . You'll get an eighty year old , with a heart condition from smoking sixty cigarettes a day their whole life , and they'll get a mild headache for a day , then you'll get a 35 year old body builder , that's on a ventilator for a month , and might never wake up .

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

I assumed how bad you have was about how bad your exposure was to it, ie a bit of exposure = a bit of illness. however my eldest son's mate lives with his girlfriend she had it and has recovered and he didn't get it !

This is it; totally unpredictable. 

1 hour ago, DUNKS said:

This virus is just playing with us yet, but it will have us all in the end. Enjoy life while you can.

😀 Nah, give over. 

Its a strange thing indeed.

My mother is 90, has dementia and is in a care home, I haven't seen her since last march but have continuous updates, usually to say she's fallen over again.

Anyway got a phone call a fortnight ago saying covid had got into the care home,lots of residents have tested positive including my mam, two weeks later

mam still has no symptoms and is fine.

Very random.

Well I had the vac., about two weeks ago and initially felt no after effects but this last week I have had sort of like the makings of a cold, sniffly like and a tickly throat plus my shoulders and neck ache and then I developed gout. To be honest I feel maybe about 95% but today felt better than yesterday, gout has cleared up and most of the neck/shoulder pain has gone, really weird.   There again when you rrealise they have pumped a version of the bug into your system.........

My friends daughter who is priority had her shot and it really knocked her about. He had it and like me initially no difference then a day or two afterwards had to come home and rest because he felt like he had been hit with a plank of wood.     I think therefore that is the reason some hardly realise and others die but they do that with normal flu as well but as said this one is a bit more virulent.

Local hospital to me is rife with it.