Howling at the moon or credible scenario? Mass law-breaking

udderlyoffroad

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the vac passports....just like David Davis expained to them, coercion and discrimination is illegal, especially for something as low risk as covid.

Yeah people can argue that with other countries they are trying to get into when asked for proof of vaccination, as for pubs etc they are private property and can turn anyone away for any, or no reason. 

5 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Yeah people can argue that with other countries they are trying to get into when asked for proof of vaccination, as for pubs etc they are private property and can turn anyone away for any, or no reason. 

It one thing for a vaccination to go abroad but having a vac passport to do everyday things within your own country is not on.

I wont be going abroad for a while, no point as it wont be enjoyable.

Edited by Pangolin

23 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

It one thing for a vaccination to go abroad but having a vac passport to do everyday things within your own country is not on.

I wont be going abroad for a while, no point as it wont be enjoyable.

And this. No point if there’s restrictions, and there will be, if only for the reason we’re British. 🙂

On 26/03/2021 at 14:51, udderlyoffroad said:

I confess I'm totally baffled by the war on the British boozer from the establishment.  The data clearly showed they were not infection vectors, yet they've come in for the most draconian measures ever.

Firstly I'll say I'm absolutely in favour of getting back down the pub as soon as possible.  I love the pub.  I miss it like hell and I feel a disastrous sense of grief and loss at the amount of them that will have perished during the last year.  Secondly I don't want to get pedantic.

However, looking at the daily case rates between October '20 and January '21 the trend of the graph seems to be in line with whether pubs were open or closed.

I don't think it's your typical British countryside pub that's the culprit - it's the town centre "supermarket bars" that are pulling hundreds of people into a cramped space to swap lungfuls of air with each other.

Legislatively there is no way of distinguishing between them without a whole rat's nest of extra red tape which, quite frankly, the government is probably thinking they need like a hole in the head right now.  So "pubs", whatever they may be, are all being tarred with the same brush.  Absolutely pants situation.  And the kick in the pants is that Mr cockface wetherspoon will survive whilst your local good quality country pub will vanish.

I know where I'll be spending my money when the time comes.

a lock is only for an honest man      the lockdown     a vaccenic the same           those who break the law       think        mental health going for a walk will bring gun and dog across country               think mental health and gun         ? licence                 travel in lockdown  to walk a dog                   a lot is at jeopardy here             the shooting community slow  and slow down        and think       think                    dont use mental health   and shooting in the same sentence                 the shooting community dont need bad press      let the iddiot protesters in bristol have glory           i dread to think the guys who traveled to Scotland with a border do not cross   bag returns  intelligent  muppets    old language stupid ****ers       i know of 11 sent home with fine and licence gone           club members England                   could get banned from clubs or licences lost       i know of two who bought guns ferloed and traveled in the first lockdown who have lost their licences       feo what the hell  taking the ****  licence gone      mental health    / gun   / travel /   greedy ****** /  god help you  hopefully you haven't killed a relative 

8 hours ago, Saltings said:

a lock is only for an honest man      the lockdown     a vaccenic the same           those who break the law       think        mental health going for a walk will bring gun and dog across country               think mental health and gun         ? licence                 travel in lockdown  to walk a dog                   a lot is at jeopardy here             the shooting community slow  and slow down        and think       think                    dont use mental health   and shooting in the same sentence                 the shooting community dont need bad press      let the iddiot protesters in bristol have glory           i dread to think the guys who traveled to Scotland with a border do not cross   bag returns  intelligent  muppets    old language stupid ****ers       i know of 11 sent home with fine and licence gone           club members England                   could get banned from clubs or licences lost       i know of two who bought guns ferloed and traveled in the first lockdown who have lost their licences       feo what the hell  taking the ****  licence gone      mental health    / gun   / travel /   greedy ****** /  god help you  hopefully you haven't killed a relative 

I get your point but I suppose it is a difficult situation, not all issues are unstabling and potentially dangerous but if people do ignore more serious health issues it can lead to worse situations that could have been addressed which then brings our scene into a bad light.

Edited by Pangolin

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2021 at 14:51, udderlyoffroad said:

I hope all of you "I'm alright Jacks" are comfortable with the ongoing misery these restrictions are causing, especially on the young. 

Well folks, it seems the kids have to wear masks in school till May 17th?  For why?

And, the goal posts appear to have shifted again, we're now talking about September before restrictions are eased, and there is a concerted attempt by government and compliant media to 'normalise' vaccine passports.  Something about locks and honest people springs to mind.

Although of course, the proposed framework bears no scrutiny - required for football matches, but not for the packed train there or the pub afterwards.

Just how much of this will the British public put up with?

Meanwhile, the state of Texas is abolishing its restrictions; we'll see how they do.  My prediction: We won't hear a peep out of the UK media, because that wouldn't fit the narrative. 

And, lest you think I sound like a paranoid crank, obviously, the state of Florida has been all over the news for its rampant death toll following its dropping of restrictions?

Edited by udderlyoffroad

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Well folks, it seems the kids have to wear masks in school till May 17th?  For why?

And, the goal posts appear to have shifted again, we're now talking about September before restrictions are eased, and there is a concerted attempt by government and compliant media to 'normalise' vaccine passports.  Something about locks and honest people springs to mind.

Although of course, the proposed framework bears no scrutiny - required for football matches, but not for the packed train there or the pub afterwards.

Just how much of this will the British public put up with?

Meanwhile, the state of Texas is abolishing its restrictions; we'll see how they do.  My prediction: We won't hear a peep out of the UK media, because that wouldn't fit the narrative. 

And, lest you think I sound like a paranoid crank, obviously, the state of Florida has been all over the news for its rampant death toll following its dropping of restrictions?

Its hard to tell if Boris and his crew are just stupid and scared or if something more sinister really is going on.

16 hours ago, Pangolin said:

Its hard to tell if Boris and his crew are just stupid and scared or if something more sinister really is going on.

Like a lot of things - BLM was a movement waiting for a Death - I am beginning to think that a lot of this was a Government(s) waiting for an excuse. CTL-ALT-DEL?????

I am not a conspiracy theorist, just like I am not paranoid (I KNOW they are all talking about me 🙃) but there are elements going on that still do not ring true.

• 1 month later...

Less than 3 weeks to go folks, and the usual suspects are starting to ramp up their excuses for why we shouldn't end all restrictions on June 21st.

This on a day where we've had zero deaths, 25m odd people are 'fully' vaccinated, 38m odd with their first dose.

Even on a 'normal' day, more people die falling off ladders, down stairs and on the roads.

The NHS is still effectively the National Covid service, with the BMA and NHS England engaging in disgraceful shenanigans to ensure GPs have see as few patients as possible, face to face.

Can any lockdown supporter defend any of this?

Julia Hartley-Brewer put it best: "This is over when we say it's over."  It's quite clear that the public health professionals are hopelessly addicted to the endorphin release conferred by their new found status.  They will not be giving up with out a fight.

It's going to be an ugly summer.

Edited by udderlyoffroad

19 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Less than 3 weeks to go folks, and the usual suspects are starting to ramp up their excuses for why we shouldn't end all restrictions on June 21st.

This on a day where we've had zero deaths, 25m odd people are 'fully' vaccinated, 38m odd with their first dose.

Even on a 'normal' day, more people die falling off ladders, down stairs and on the roads.

The NHS is still effectively the National Covid service, with the BMA and NHS England engaging in disgraceful shenanigans to ensure GPs have see as few patients as possible, face to face.

Julia Hartley-Brewer put it best: "This is over when we say it's over."  It's quite clear that the public health professionals are hopelessly addicted to the endorphin release conferred by their new found status.  They will not be giving up with out a fight.

Very strange isnt it.

Clawing at any excuse and it comes across as absolutely desparate. 

I couldnt find any recent stats but the other day it said that about 1000 people a year die falling down the stairs in the year 2000, about 19 a week. Stairs are more deadly haha.

On the radio the other day they had a guest on saying that there were some people in Bolton area in hospital even though they had a double jab, the presenter then pressed them on it to which they admitted that patient was 103 years old.

I hope that Boris has the backbone to ignore them and stick to the date despite the pant pissers. If what Cummings accused him of saying about bodies in the streets then hopefully he will press on with removing the restrictions and show a bit of sense.

If they delay this until September they will be then worried about another variant, then it'll be "just a few more weeks or all the sacrifices will be for nothing, we are in this together" then flu season hits and BAM no restrictions lifted again because of the NHS.

Brewer talked about this weeks ago, if you always hang on because of a variant we will never move on.

Its beyond tedious.

You feel like getting the advisors on tv infront of the media and grilling them about what they actually want, they peddle the doom and want extended restrictions without a offering a way out. All they end up doing is mentioning cases rising without mentioning how many extra tests they had to do to get those numbers then completely ignore the lack of deaths despite the case numbers.

Edited by Pangolin

It is indeed beyond tedious. 
We simply can’t start hiding under the bed covers each and every time there’s a new variant; there will always be new variants. 
Was at the dentist this morning, he was late as usual and walked in wearing a snood, went through a door with all his motorcycle gear on, on which was a sticker stating ‘No PPE to be worn beyond this point’, then came out a few minutes later with all his PPE gear on! 😂

When I was called in all that had changed was that he was now wearing a mask. He’s maybe had enough too. 
He’s a cracking bloke who takes pheasants off me in season. 🙂

Why would that be in the UK news, its only news if the infections go up stay the same or go down. Just abolishing restrictions means nothing, until we see what happens.  

15 hours ago, ordnance said:

Why would that be in the UK news, its only news if the infections go up stay the same or go down. Just abolishing restrictions means nothing, until we see what happens.  

Either you're being deliberately disingenuous or you're unable to follow the simple logic: Texas and Florida have not been all over the news for a skyrocketing infections/deaths despite not having any restrictions in place.

Therefore, the argument for any restrictions remaining in place here is on even shakier ground.

I would suggest further, that if they had been experiencing deaths/sky rocketing infections with no restrictions in place, certain elements of the media would've been all over that story like a cheap suit.  But instead...silence.   So, I would suggest it doesn't 'fit the narrative' - which, after all, Ofcom has publicly stated it issued guidance not to deviate from.

So not a conspiracy.  Part of a published plan.

On 01/06/2021 at 16:35, udderlyoffroad said:

Bang on.

I was sold the line that once I’d been fully vaccinated we would be getting back to normal - why else bother? What’s the point of a vaccine if we’re still subject to restrictions that make no sense?

The world has gone mad and we’re never going to run dry of these variants I’m afraid and so what’s the plan there?

I’m just counting down the days to the economic collapse now - the FTSE over 7000 points right now - how? I mean how the actual f? It’s not real, it’s smoke and mirrors 😆

46 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Bang on.

I was sold the line that once I’d been fully vaccinated we would be getting back to normal - why else bother? What’s the point of a vaccine if we’re still subject to restrictions that make no sense?

The world has gone mad and we’re never going to run dry of these variants I’m afraid and so what’s the plan there?

I’m just counting down the days to the economic collapse now - the FTSE over 7000 points right now - how? I mean how the actual f? It’s not real, it’s smoke and mirrors 😆

But we haven’t all been vaccinated. Some are not on the list yet, some are still to have their second jab and others are refusing altogether.

Those coming in from abroad may or may not have been infected or vaccinated.

Sadly we are a long way from being through the pandemic.

Getting back to normal around here thankfully. Was in the pub last night and although there was a cursory nod to restrictions with people wearing masks on entry, caution soon fell by the wayside and there was no thought given to social distancing. 

I think most have good intentions with spacing out early doors, but the more people come in the pub more they're squashed up like the good old days. Just the same outside. Long may it reign. Let's get back to normal and get on with living. 

Twas a good night and the craic was great. 🙂

On 05/06/2021 at 09:42, JDog said:

But we haven’t all been vaccinated.

And we never 'all' will be vaccinated.  Some can't be, some won't be, some it doesn't make any clinical sense to vaccinate (children, though opinions on that vary).  We have reached herd immunity according to the UCL study, weeks ago. 

None of the rest of your post gives any reason for delaying lifting of these restrictions for a second longer.

On 05/06/2021 at 15:12, Scully said:

Excellent, pleased to hear it.

Really hoping the 2 village pubs when I move are similarly enlightened.

On 05/06/2021 at 15:12, Scully said:

Getting back to normal around here thankfully. Was in the pub last night and although there was a cursory nod to restrictions with people wearing masks on entry, caution soon fell by the wayside and there was no thought given to social distancing. 

I think most have good intentions with spacing out early doors, but the more people come in the pub more they're squashed up like the good old days. Just the same outside. Long may it reign. Let's get back to normal and get on with living. 

Sounds like a good night 👍

6 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

And we never 'all' will be vaccinated.  Some can't be, some won't be, some it doesn't make any clinical sense to vaccinate (children, though opinions on that vary).  We have reached herd immunity according to the UCL study, weeks ago. 

None of the rest of your post gives any reason for delaying lifting of these restrictions for a second longer.

Spot on. 

9 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

That has being disputed and a disclaimer added, but you seem to take it as gospel because it supports your view. 

Much like long-term weather forecasts, the ensuing predictions should not be taken too seriously because there is an inherent (although quantified) uncertainty about underlying epidemiological and socio-behavioural variables

9 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Correct, and the underlying dataset is, in terms of this pandemic at least, ancient.

And your point is?

Also using the quote function without naming your source is like a broken pencil.

Another quote bellow. UCL team's claim that herd immunity set to be achieved in UK ... 

Manaus, on the Amazon river in Brazil, was thought last summer to have achieved herd immunity. Tests on donated blood suggested 66% of people had antibodies against the virus in July, following a devastating first wave of infection. By October that had risen to 76%. And then in January a second wave hit, hospitals were overwhelmed and patients’ relatives pleaded for oxygen cylinders because the city had run out.  Between 25% and 61% of those infected had already had one bout of Covid. They were not immune.

Edited by ordnance