Humane dispatch

Humane dispatch courses.

A couple of us have completed this course in may at our own cost. We have applied to the police forces in Kent/ Met/ Surrey and the local Authorities plus Highway for England all are not wanting any one for Humane Dispatch. All the above Police Forces are using firearms officers and the RSPCA can now deal with this themselves. So it is a good course but do you want to spend the money   

Apparently the training approach for doing this to new recruits to Tactical Firearms officers is pathetic.  I know that over 50years ago the Home Office rules for doing the job where about the same level with the cross on the cows head being well below the brain and into the nose.  A 22RF in the coreect place will do the job no problem.

2 hours ago, bottletopbill said:

Humane dispatch courses.

A couple of us have completed this course in may at our own cost. We have applied to the police forces in Kent/ Met/ Surrey and the local Authorities plus Highway for England all are not wanting any one for Humane Dispatch. All the above Police Forces are using firearms officers and the RSPCA can now deal with this themselves. So it is a good course but do you want to spend the money   

Who did you do the course with?

For rta around here  in depends who gets the call, Police, rspca or local rangers. the police have a list of poeple or contact a professional rspca do it them selves or call a professional and the ranger do it then selves.

Dealing with animals involved in a rta is no fun and could cause you a lot of agro!

HI bluesj

Course was with the British deer Society cost £100.00 and about one and half hours drive e/w.

Have now learnt that RSPCA carry dispatch gun in vans.  Good course but would i pay again knowing this NO

Tried Sussex as well  but out of borough.

Edited by bottletopbill

7 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Apparently the training approach for doing this to new recruits to Tactical Firearms officers is pathetic.  I know that over 50years ago the Home Office rules for doing the job where about the same level with the cross on the cows head being well below the brain and into the nose. That explains a lot. A 22RF in the coreect place will do the job no problem. not ideal for cows!

I offered to give a little training to the police after they made a bit of a hash of one last year, they weren't interested!

2 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

HI bluesj

Course was with the British deer Society cost £100.00 and about one and hours drive e/w.

Have now learnt that RSPCA carry dispatch gun in vans.  Good course but would i pay again knowing this NO

Tried Sussex as well  but out of borough.

Yeah they carry captive bolts but not alwas the blanks to go with them 🙄

6 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

Meet a bloke on the course who is a plod he reckons that police forces will call time in a few years due to gun crime and not enough officers to cover call outs.

So will have to see if it goes pear shape.

‘Call time’ on what?