Investment ideas needed

general grievous

You need to sign up to Hargreaves Lansdown and follow their recommendations. I have never failed to get double digit returns by following their guidance. 

Just to put in into context, my investments with them have grown by 3.6% in the past month and that is fairly typical at the moment.

If you are not confident about picking your own choices look at their portfolio plus scheme and let them do the picking for you.

I have just set up something for my granddaughter with them 

1. Vanguard’s fees are low and they’re well regarded.
2. Doing anything yourself as a direct investment will probably lead to you being scammed. 
3. You appear to be an everyday/restricted investor, so you are limited to “safe” platforms such as Vanguard. 
4. Pay an IFA for advice if you want to try something for racy. If your investments fail, the FOS & FSCS try to return your money, so it’s a no lose punt. The FCA are trying to protect retail investors from themselves at the moment. 
5. Personally, I’d look at med-tech investments. However, you will never see decent prospects because you’re a retail investor.  

6 hours ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Absolutely not, it’s just tough to find suitable plots at realistic money these days as the demand has gone through the roof so have the prices. 

Depends on how you look at it.  Lots of people over here are buying in Costa Rico. It’s up and coming.  Rent out to make the payments and a little cash. Then save two weeks a year for yourself to vacation. 

invest in a laundrette...............all cash :yahoo:

get some ladys to do the ironing and take a spin off them.......coffee machine......one armed bandit and pinball machine......wi-fi............

Edited by ditchman

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

get some ladys to do the ironing and take a spin off them.......coffee machine......one armed bandit and pinball machine......wi-fi............

28 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

And sunbeds and a spray tan booths 😙

gentlemen, investments should look forward, not back to the 1960s and 70s!  :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

gentlemen, investments should look forward, not back to the 1960s and 70s!  :rolleyes:

dont agree ...you got to create ...an experience....when you have been to the laundrette...you will return feeling satisfied ....acheived something

33 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

gentlemen, investments should look forward, not back to the 1960s and 70s!  

You leave them alone , Simon and nigel will look fantastic with their spray tans and tracksuits 😅.

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

I looked at buying a laundrette probably about 10 years ago but it went for twice the auction estimate (and that was before things got as silly as they are now).

Town where I live, the longest standing unit in the high street and which remains unchanged is the laundrette. Wash dog beds and double duvets and you’ll Always have a business.

Someone on here has a couple of laundrettes - he was looking at a bore hole in the back, something about HMRC and his water meter 😆