The Six Nations

chrisjpainter

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Ireland?

60,000 all walking back through Edinburgh after England beat Scotland,  and no trouble, great night out afterwards with plenty of banter, highly recommended. 

According to google, Dublin's 70 miles closer but 41 minutes longer. If we ever did it, I guess we'd fly from Exeter. It would be a great experience

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 Nations is always an interesting tournament; I love it and had amazing times visiting Edinburgh on tour but never managed to wear the spoofing jacket even after a lot of practice and effort on my behalf, , , , life used to be tough!

It's always a balance between youth and experience, take the might of South Africa but they are getting too old so have to add new young blood which will dilute the flow of the team even if they are individually brilliant but that's the job for the coach!

On viewing the line up as already mentioned Curry is worthy of the pack leader but have seen Ford shouting hard at players  in previous years so if the backs are happy following him life will be good as he is a tactician as someone needs to guide the troops while Curry is busy sorting out the issues within every scrum, ruck and maul; depending on which hat he is wearing. . . . . . .  poacher or gamekeeper!

Ireland looked really good today against a poor performing welsh team. 

England should have scored a lot more in the first half and should have kept young Smith on in the second. 

Scotland will get a massive boost from the win but only just did enough today to  get the win and will have to do a lot better against Ireland and France 

Cowan-dickie should be turned into a fruit bowl for that empty-headed flap that led to the penalty try! What I can't work out is why, as a hooker, he's even trying to jump! Why not set yourself, wait for the scrawny little back to take it, then time your hit and lump him into touch?! Seems better than a guaranteed yellow card and a pen try he should have known was coming.

5 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Cowan-dickie should be turned into a fruit bowl for that empty-headed flap that led to the penalty try! What I can't work out is why, as a hooker, he's even trying to jump! Why not set yourself, wait for the scrawny little back to take it, then time your hit and lump him into touch?! Seems better than a guaranteed yellow card and a pen try he should have known was coming.

He should have caught the ball. 

But the game should have been wrapped up before then really.

I thought they were going to be dynamic and attacking,  but they gave away possession cheaply and Scotland punished them with good kicking.

14 hours ago, Mice! said:

I'd say Ireland played well and Wales got pumped,  I'm not fond of one sided games, but Wales never got going because Ireland didn't let them.

Ireland did play well Wales made Ireland look better because we didn't have a clue in defense or attack players playing out of position josh Adams is no Centre and to many first team players out 

Was in dublin and as bad as wales were Ireland ( lienster team) well really wernt that great either.....reliance on an injury prone 36yr old and man of match to a debut aussie who well....did what other than make his debut...... france will be different i think even england will sus out Farrell's reliance on dublin based players ireland still have no plan "b".....there is no evolution as yet......

I thought Ireland were class and will wait until I see how France open before deciding who will probably win, but on that match alone IRE are worthy of world cup finalists. England were kind of decent up front and in the backs but they didn't link up in a fluid manner, obviously a new team. Scotland played very well and reckon Italy will give Wales a run for their money or not.

PS. Was Itojie actually playing, I did see him on the starting list but never saw him on camera. . . . .must need a new TV 

5 hours ago, mgsontour said:

PS. Was Itojie actually playing, I did see him on the starting list but never saw him on camera. . . . .must need a new TV

I thought he was quiet, but i thought England were slow to the breakdown as well.

The new rules should make things interesting. 

18 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Last match of the weekend and we get the answer to the all important perennial question of the Six Nations:

Just how bad are Italy this year...

True sir, but they did very well last night, far far better than I expected so maybe this year they come last ( but after the 1st weekend performance maybe 2nd last ) but not demolished!

• 2 weeks later...