Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Stonepark said:

The coup caused the end of Ukraine as was as a country, as the democratically elected government was overthrown.

People were then free to govern themselves or accept the illegal non democratic government supported by the West.

The Dombass chose to govern themselves.

Most of the recent airstrikes have been with missiles, such as HARM etc, fired from long range (up to 80 miles). Very little actual ground support to front line without losing their aircraft and that is coming from Ukranian sources and reported in the press, so not made up unless you believe the Ukranians are lying.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2022/08/30/watch-the-ukrainian-air-force-lob-american-missiles-at-russian-radars/?sh=4c94125255e5

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/192467/Russian-air-defense-destroys-two-HARM-18-HIMARS-missiles

Screenshot_20221016-212440~2.png

You stated that Ukrainian aircraft couldn't go within 50 miles of the front without being shot down. My question was what evidence do you have that is the case, you video doesn't answer that, Are you just making it up as you go along 🤔

21 hours ago, mchughcb said:

Well the big kherson counter offensive was repelled by artillery and the airforce.

Chinese are closing embassy an telling citizens to get out. 

The hard slog at Bakmut is coming to a close and the Lyman counter offensive seems stopped in it's tracks.

Not looking good for zelensky 

Not looking good for Zelensk 😂 Yeah everything looking great for Putin 😂

Edited by ordnance

23 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Very little actual ground support to front line without losing their aircraft

The irony. 

And on the day a Russian SU-34 crashes into a block of flats in a massive fireball.

I wonder what the manufacturers recommended price is on one of those?

18 minutes ago, henry d said:

Two donkeys or youngest daughter, yis?

Approximately $40-50 million.

Mind you, that’s probably a Zelensky lie backed by NATO, right 😆

And it didn’t explode in a fireball, those media reports being another propaganda exaggeration - the plane only needed a new front bumper and some scratches polished out. 

Edited by Mungler

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

The irony. 

And on the day a Russian SU-34 crashes into a block of flats in a massive fireball.

I wonder what the manufacturers recommended price is on one of those?

I think after this Russian arms exports will implode, I cant see any country rushing to buy their tanks ect. 

8 minutes ago, ordnance said:

I think after this Russian arms exports will implode, I cant see any country rushing to buy their tanks ect. 

I’m not even sure what purpose tanks have any more in the face of cheap drones, like the Iranian drones murdering civilians in Kiev today.

Indeed, contrary to what the Kremlin has been pumping out and the other BS on this thread it turns out those war mongering Russian invaders haven’t just been using poetry and harsh words…

More whataboutery

The old special military operation condemned by the UK and the UN.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_invasion_of_Grenada

40 minutes ago, ordnance said:

So people are going to buy Iranian micro drones then?

15 minutes ago, mchughcb said:

Could do, says a lot about Russia when they have to go looking to Iran for weapons. Another thing Putin has managed to do, dispel the myth of the mighty Russian army and Russian war machine. 

Well Iranians are building cheap disposable drones which seem far cheaper than the multi use predator and Turkish drones which it's worth using a S300 or just plain fighter jet on.

Probably not in Russian military doctrine but will be going forward.

1 hour ago, mchughcb said:

More whataboutery

The old special military operation condemned by the UK and the UN.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_invasion_of_Grenada

You say whataboutery and then link to Grenada? Talk about irony (and obscurity) 😆😆

46 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Could do, says a lot about Russia when they have to go looking to Iran for weapons. Another thing Putin has managed to do, dispel the myth of the mighty Russian army and Russian war machine. 

Yep, being frozen out of the civilised world for a decade hasn’t helped Russia keep up with technology or modern warfare and it’s only Iran who will now supply them. Indeed, no sign of the Chinese helping yet which is telling.

Most of the Iranian drones are getting shot down (unsurprisingly the Israelis have a solution) but the anti aircraft batteries are around military installations whereas Putin is sending the drones into high density civilian areas, which is nice. Must have run out of poetry? 

In fairness, no one could work out why the Russians were squandering their limited stocks of expensive guided / cruise missiles to take out the odd civilian - the ratio at one stage was 1 No $250,000 missile for a hairdresser or nursery school teacher. Master tactician and all that. 

56 minutes ago, mchughcb said:

Well hundreds got launched then and redundant drones in same targets. Amazing what a cheap single cylinder rotax can achieve.

Just as well; after all, they can’t keep the eye wateringly expensive SU-34’s in the air can they? 😆😆

5 hours ago, Mungler said:

You say whataboutery and then link to Grenada? Talk about irony (and obscurity) 😆😆

Yep, being frozen out of the civilised world for a decade hasn’t helped Russia keep up with technology or modern warfare and it’s only Iran who will now supply them. Indeed, no sign of the Chinese helping yet which is telling.

Most of the Iranian drones are getting shot down (unsurprisingly the Israelis have a solution) but the anti aircraft batteries are around military installations whereas Putin is sending the drones into high density civilian areas, which is nice. Must have run out of poetry? 

In fairness, no one could work out why the Russians were squandering their limited stocks of expensive guided / cruise missiles to take out the odd civilian - the ratio at one stage was 1 No $250,000 missile for a hairdresser or nursery school teacher. Master tactician and all that. 

Just as well; after all, they can’t keep the eye wateringly expensive SU-34’s in the air can they? 😆😆

Yes Grenada, where the USA went and invaded to save American students and could wait to get rod of them commie plotters.

Even though thatcher said Reagan shouldn't and the UN declared illegal.

It's alright when we do it.

Speaking of which, Sweden is now not going to publish findings of Nordstream 2 explosion sighting national security and now the Germans have said they know who did it but not naming anyone. What that tells me it wasn't Russia or it would be on the airways 24/7.

So when your allies blow up your cheap energy supply,  when do they stop becoming your ally?

2 hours ago, mchughcb said:

Yes Grenada, where the USA went and invaded to save American students and could wait to get rod of them commie plotters.

Even though thatcher said Reagan shouldn't and the UN declared illegal.

It's alright when we do it.

Speaking of which, Sweden is now not going to publish findings of Nordstream 2 explosion sighting national security and now the Germans have said they know who did it but not naming anyone. What that tells me it wasn't Russia or it would be on the airways 24/7.

So when your allies blow up your cheap energy supply,  when do they stop becoming your ally?

As fascinating as the history of Grenada may be and as interesting the destruction of a pipeline could be:

1. this all needlessly started with Russia invading its neighbour, starting a war (which will soon see its first anniversary) and continuing to murder civilians on a daily basis as we have seen on the news this very night (which I assume your Kremlin handlers will tell you to claim to be more msm lies and imperialist propaganda)

2. everything gets better with Russian troops and tanks departing the occupied regions

And in the meantime the war is needlessly prolonged because Iran supplies military equipment to Russia, and whilst Iran conducts a proxy war against Ukraine, NATO and the US (you see what I did there 😉😆).

Edit

This is too good. I have found the Darth Lavrov account too! It’s genius.

B3328591-BFCD-4A35-AD2C-53C3C8D3D3E3.jpeg

Edited by Mungler

You think that destruction of a multi-billion dollar gas pipe line that could provide cheap energy to 80 million germans by unknown agents is interesting, I'm just curious how many government money (other people's money) are you getting to cover your heating bills?

For sale

SU-34, slight crash damage but nothing that can't be repaired, many parts need refitting and these are stored at various locations in the neighbourhood. (ejector seat lost)

An ideal project for a home diy'er.

Would consider a swap for 6 tanks or a missle battery and cash my way.

$30,000000 (No Roubles)

Call 0800 8000123 

Pop round to tower block 12 viewing recommended.

9 hours ago, Mungler said:

Yep, being frozen out of the civilised world for a decade hasn’t helped Russia...

And with this one sentence you have summed up a large part of the problem. It was decided that Russia made a convenient permanent bogey-man, all manner of ills could be handily blamed on them (election interference,  collusion with Presidents, American Hawks able to talk up the threat to keep the profits rolling in for the Military Industrial Conplex) and that they should be treated  like a pariah state, vilified, talked down.

They were shown no respect by the USA, and have been prodded relentlessly.

This in no way aims to justify the war in Ukraine. We just need to bear in mind the events before they went into Ukraine

Edited by treetree
Wrong quote quoted!

17 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'm just glad that no one is bothered about who blew up the pipe on the sea bed, after all it's not really a big deal 😳

Oh they are bothered but since it was the biggest bully on the block (USA) they are keeping their heads down.....

Corrr you Putin apologists really do want to bend over backwards to rationalize and forgive an invasion and mass murder.

As for the pipeline being blown up - yes, all very interesting but rather after the event and distracting from the war and invasion bit.

Indeed, none of the excuses or "look over there what about that" changes the whole unnecessary invasion and mass murder of civilians bit.

And as for blaming the USA, that's brilliant. No mention of Putin of course because it's all the fault of the US. That's crackers. If Russia wanted to fair better on the world stage and sustain less sanctions, well they could have tried for fewer invasions. But no, of course, it's all the Yanks fault 🙂

9 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Oh they are bothered but since it was the biggest bully on the block (USA) they are keeping their heads down.....

That may well be the case but it takes Russian weaponised gas delivery down and ensures Germany doesn't cave in and leave NATO to get it, remember they were slow to get on side with defence supplies.

On 16/10/2022 at 17:38, ordnance said:

🤔

Have you a link or quote showing Ukrainian aircraft can't get within 50 miles of the front without being shot down ? Or are you making it up as you go along 🤔

It's looking at the conflict maps available online and where they are getting shot down and by whom.

Even Wikipedia is keeping a running total of reported aircraft losses on both sides.

Try @Rybar on telegram if you want to see what is happening in close to real time.