Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

Statistically it’s more likely that the 1 has some form of mental disorder

That's a strange way of thinking. 

A minority is automatically wrong, and mentally deranged? 

And I see that Russia has just cut all gas supply to Latvia. Blimey, that’s some maintenance  program they have

Nothing to do with maintainance, they flatly refused to pay in roubles. 

They obviously don't need the gas. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

But it’s not. Probability is our friend.

You ask 100 people if they think the twin towers was built with explosives packed into their super structure and later dropped by the CIA controlled by a global super order of lizard type people, you will within that group of 100 people find at least 1 person who believes that.

Is it more probable that that one person has uncovered a secret conspiracy or has access to secret information the other 99 don’t have access to, or is it more likely that that person is a little bit potty?

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

ISTR reading that's been on the cards for quite some time though?

Correct, as Latvia is an EU member, it cannot use the previous payment route and banks in EU or USA currency as it did before due to sanctions of which they are required by EU law to implement.

Russia made it quite clear several months ago, should Latvia wish to keep recieving gas it had to pay through the unsanctioned system in roubles and has refused to do so.

6 minutes ago, Mungler said:

But it’s not. Probability is our friend.

You ask 100 people if they think the twin towers was built with explosives packed into their super structure and later dropped by the CIA controlled by a global super order of lizard type people, you will within that group of 100 people find at least 1 person who believes that.

Is it more probable that that one person has uncovered a secret conspiracy or has access to secret information the other 99 don’t have access to, or is it more likely that that person is a little bit potty?

Please explain building 7

36 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

In my view, some people questioning some things is a healthy state, it encourages others to think or argue for themselves.  mind you I dont trust Putin and his mates..😄 ......Remember when he was amassing an army at the border of Ukraine declaring it was just an exercise

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

Correct, as Latvia is an EU member, it cannot use the previous payment route and banks in EU or USA currency as it did before due to sanctions of which they are required by EU law to implement.

Russia made it quite clear several months ago, should Latvia wish to keep recieving gas it had to pay through the unsanctioned system in roubles and has refused to do so.

Please explain building 7

Hey, if the Russians want to cut off supply to all their best customers then that’s up to them, right?

And as for building 7, so tell me what have you learnt from watching David Icke videos at 3 am?

Do you have information that no one else has or have you been able to hack the pentagon and find something?

😆

Edited by Mungler

You ask 100 people if they think the twin towers was built with explosives packed into their super structure and later dropped by the CIA controlled by a global super order of lizard type people, you will within that group of 100 people find at least 1 person who believes that

If you remove the silly reference to lizard people, there's actually a good few more people who are somewhat sceptical of the official narrative. 

911worldopinionpoll_Sep2008_pie.png

17 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

If you remove the silly reference to lizard people, there's actually a good few more people who are somewhat sceptical of the official narrative. 

911worldopinionpoll_Sep2008_pie.png

Oh give over, you’d get that result if you asked 100 lunatics.

Prey tell, where did that survey come from and what was the sample group?

And you tell me the reference to Lizard people is silly? Im sure there’s a survey for that too 😆

Edit.

Oh this is just too good :

https://amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/apr/07/conspiracy-theory-paranoia-aliens-illuminati-beyonce-vaccines-cliven-bundy-jfk

329 million people in the US, 12 million loonies who despite not a shred of evidence of the existence of a lizard master race, choose to believe in one. I stabbed in the dark that there would be 1% lunacy, turns out it’s more like 3%. Tell you what, I bet every single one of those 12 million people also believe that the twin towers had nothing to do with a terrorist attack at all.

Edited by Mungler

10 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Brilliant! Even more people have suspended all logic and rationale to believe there’s some grey beardy bloke sitting upstairs in the clouds! 
Some bloke I talked to who believes in god, said he just wasn’t ‘superstitious enough’ to believe the world was created from some interstellar explosion! I then pointed out to him that he was superstitious enough to readily believe in some ancient fairy story! 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Brilliant! Even more people have suspended all logic and rationale to believe there’s some grey beardy bloke sitting upstairs in the clouds! 
Some bloke I talked to who believes in god, said he just wasn’t ‘superstitious enough’ to believe the world was created from some interstellar explosion! I then pointed out to him that he was superstitious enough to readily believe in some ancient fairy story! 

An excellent point! 😆

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

Hahaha. This is brilliant:

‘The summary of the poll noted that "Though people with greater education generally have greater exposure to news, those with greater education are only slightly more likely to attribute 9/11 to al Qaeda." ‘

I'm struggling to see what the issue is with statement? 

Why not try explaining why there is such a high percentage of people who have doubts about the official narrative? 

11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I'm struggling to see what the issue is with statement? 

Why not try explaining why there is such a high percentage of people who have doubts about the official narrative? 

Let me start by explaining why 12 million Americans believe in lizard people despite there not being a single shred of evidence to support the notion - it’s because there are 12 million idiots in the US.

As for that ‘poll’ on 9/11 I am entirely distrustful of internet stated surveys or ‘poll’ as is the case here (indeed what’s the difference between a survey and a poll?). We don’t know about sample demographic, age ranges, demographics, specific questions etc. 

We are also wandering off piste - we all saw 2 planes hit two buildings. The question of ‘do you think the US was behind the attacks’ is not the same as ‘do you think the US knew of the threat in advance’, or ‘do you think the US was complicit in letting it happen’ and….. ‘do you think the twin towers was built with explosives packed into their super structure and later dropped by the CIA controlled by a global super order of lizard type people’.

Stonepark has jumped in with ‘building 7’. I am asking what information / evidence he has for supporting that conspiracy and if he has any particular information or evidence which he should share with the press or authorities 😆. On the other hand, I’m with Hitchins (that which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence) and I don’t need to prove that it wasn’t the CIA or lizard people or the state of Israel 😆

29 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Let me start by explaining why 12 million Americans believe in lizard people despite there not being a single shred of evidence to support the notion - it’s because there are 12 million idiots in the US.

Around 3 or 4 billion people on this planet believe in deities, despite there not being a shred of evidence they exist, are you going to level the same accusation at them? 

30 minutes ago, Mungler said:

We are also wandering off piste

We most certainly are. 

You have bought up Salisbury, 9/11, lizard people, and CIA plots, to somehow prove how people with a different opinion to yours on Ukraine, are mentally unstable idiots. 

If you keep saying it long enough, will it make it true? 

It's not a good look. 

47 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Around 3 or 4 billion people on this planet believe in deities, despite there not being a shred of evidence they exist, are you going to level the same accusation at them? 

We most certainly are. 

You have bought up Salisbury, 9/11, lizard people, and CIA plots, to somehow prove how people with a different opinion to yours on Ukraine, are mentally unstable idiots. 

If you keep saying it long enough, will it make it true? 

It's not a good look. 

It’s all about belief vs evidence. 

Are we now at a point where (and in the absence of any evidence) if enough people say there are lizard people and they say it for long enough it makes it true? Now apply that to the Salisbury murders, 9/11 and so on.

3 minutes ago, Mungler said:

It’s all about belief vs evidence. 

Are we now at a point where (and in the absence of any evidence) if enough people say there are lizard people and they say it for long enough it makes it true? Now apply that to the Salisbury murders, 9/11 and so on.

This whole lizard people thing is cracking me up. :lol:

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

It’s all about belief vs evidence

It's actually not. 

It's about who you trust, its about what information sources you think are credible. 

We believe in God, Santa, fairies and all the superstitious you can name when we are young, because we trust the sources that tell us they're true. 

Back to Ukraine. What evidence have you personally seen that backs up anything the Ukrainians or the Russians have claimed? None. 

Yet you trust the sources that have given you the evidence you've based your opinion on. You don't trust the Russian sources, as you 'know' they lie, but so do the Ukrainians, there are multiple examples. 

Believe it or not, I'm completely unbiased, I don't believe a word either of them say, what I do know is that my opinion isn't going to make any difference to any event that may transpire over there. 

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

That makes NO sense whatsoever 😂

3 hours ago, oowee said:

This whole lizard people thing is cracking me up.

The only person who's mentioned lizards is Mungler, I've no idea where the relevance is? 

So apparently 12 million Yanks think the world is run by lizards, where people dying in Ukraine comes into that very boring statistic, is a mystery? 

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It's actually not. 

It's about who you trust, its about what information sources you think are credible. 

We believe in God, Santa, fairies and all the superstitious you can name when we are young, because we trust the sources that tell us they're true. 

Back to Ukraine. What evidence have you personally seen that backs up anything the Ukrainians or the Russians have claimed? None. 

Yet you trust the sources that have given you the evidence you've based your opinion on. You don't trust the Russian sources, as you 'know' they lie, but so do the Ukrainians, there are multiple examples. 

Believe it or not, I'm completely unbiased, I don't believe a word either of them say, what I do know is that my opinion isn't going to make any difference to any event that may transpire over there. 

That makes NO sense whatsoever 😂

The only person who's mentioned lizards is Mungler, I've no idea where the relevance is? 

So apparently 12 million Yanks think the world is run by lizards, where people dying in Ukraine comes into that very boring statistic, is a mystery? 

1. There are no free elections in Russia, there is no free press and the judiciary are controlled by the Kremlin. If you choose to accept / prefer Kremlin issued information / propaganda in preference to other sources then you are fighting the odds - bottom line, statistically the Kremlin releases more BS. 

2. The constant search for conspiracy and distrust of all things western is a badge, I get it. But where does mild paranoia cross over into either stupidity or mental disorder? 12 million yanks believe in lizard people - doesn’t make it true, it makes them  stupid, mental or both.

3. I don’t have any evidence that there are no lizard people, but of course there is no evidence to support that there are any lizard people. If I trusted the source that told me there were Lizard people and considered that to be credible, it doesn’t make it any more true or factual.

4. You “If you keep saying it long enough, will it make it true?” My response : “Are we now at a point where (and in the absence of any evidence) if enough people say there are lizard people and they say it for long enough it makes it true? Now apply that to the Salisbury murders, 9/11 and so on.” 

38 minutes ago, Mungler said:

1. There are no free elections in Russia, there is no free press and the judiciary are controlled by the Kremlin. If you choose to accept / prefer Kremlin issued information / propaganda in preference to other sources then you are fighting the odds - bottom line, statistically the Kremlin releases more BS. 

I don't care, did you read the bit where I said I don't believe any of them? 

How do you know 'Statistically' the kremlin releases more BS? What source provided 'evidence' and who actually cares? 

No one believes the Russians except the Russians, you're just chasing your tail with this line of thought. 

43 minutes ago, Mungler said:

2. The constant search for conspiracy and distrust of all things western is a badge, I get it. But where does mild paranoia cross over into either stupidity or mental disorder? 12 million yanks believe in lizard people - doesn’t make it true, it makes them  stupid, mental or both

You seem to know more about it all than me. 

Again, because you don't seem to want to answer the question, what has 12 million lizard believers have to do with Ukraine? 

45 minutes ago, Mungler said:

3. I don’t have any evidence that there are no lizard people, but of course there is no evidence to support that there are any lizard people. If I trusted the source that told me there were Lizard people and considered that to be credible, it doesn’t make it any more true or factual

Again this doesn't make any sense. 

In the absence of solid evidence that YOU HAVE SEEN YOURSELF, your belief in something is confirmed by you TRUSTING THE SOURCE of the information. 

51 minutes ago, Mungler said:

4. You “If you keep saying it long enough, will it make it true?” My response : “Are we now at a point where (and in the absence of any evidence) if enough people say there are lizard people and they say it for long enough it makes it true? Now apply that to the Salisbury murders, 9/11 and so on.” 

Again you're chasing your tail. 

You stated that 1 in 100 people don't think the official 9/11 narrative is true, and that these people are 'idiots' I pointed out that surveys disagree, there are many surveys, some say nearly half of Americans are not happy with the story. 

First you state you don't trust polls/surveys, then you go on a tirade about Americans are stupid anyway because 12 mill of them {presumably after a poll or survey that you don't trust} state they believe the world is run by lizards? 

No one cares 😋

On 30/07/2022 at 12:13, Mungler said:

So, in this week’s news we have video footage of a Ukrainian POW being castrated by his Russian captors and overwhelming evidence of at least 50 Ukrainian POWs being tortured and murdered.

So, where are we on the ‘none of this happened, MSN is lying to us and it’s a NATO conspiracy?’

Oh and just to clear up the point, the reduction in supply of gas to Germany isn’t because of ‘routine maintenance’ is it?

It takes time but all the Russian lies and nonsense are unravelling in front of our eyes and those that chose to believe Kremlin propaganda unmasked for the gullible loonies we know them to be. 

This is where we started.

For someone who says they don’t accept the Kremlin’s narrative you have some interesting views (which happen to be uniquely shared by the Kremlin) including on topics such as the Salisbury murders and the recent cruise missile strikes.

We then wandered in to people who seize upon contrary views and conspiracy theories, of which you appear to support a great number.

We can pick this up again with the next round of nonsense from the Kremlin. 

Putin is a gangster, and I’m not too sure about the other bloke, but the war could be stopped tomorrow if Putin simply ceased his attacks on the Ukrainian and withdrew his troops. The way I see it, if you’re an adult with the intelligence and capacity for independent thought, then you ( without the benefit of evidence ) don’t necessarily trust the person who is giving you the info’, and make a decision based on your own logic. 
Those who want to believe in lizard people or sky fairies or a flat earth, decide for reasons of their own, to suspend or simply ignore their intelligence or logic, in order to do so. 
The majority of times, by thinking it through, our own common sense allows us to sort the wheat from the chaff.

We are told that the Earth evolved over millions and millions and millions of years to where we are now. We have all watched how things grow and evolve in a much smaller scale, so it sounds logical to me.
We are also told that some bloke with a grey beard up in the clouds did it all in six days and took the seventh day off, dependant on whose doing the telling. 
Now I don’t necessarily believe everything scientists tell us;  science is also constantly evolving, and I certainly don’t trust those who try to control through threats and menaces ( no evolving there , just an attempt to keep us in the dark ages ) so guess where my money is. 🙂

Anyhow, just my take on things but I suppose my point is ( if there is one ) is that in the absence of independent and unbiased information in an attempt to control ( as attempted in Russia to control the media ) you create another form of attempted indoctrination. 
In extreme examples it is a combination of the two which allows some to control others and persuade them it would be a good idea to strap on a jacket packed with explosive’s. 🤷‍♂️
Bit of a ramble but it’s a subject which fascinates and scares the poop out of me in equal measures. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Putin is a gangster, and I’m not too sure about the other bloke, but the war could be stopped tomorrow if Putin simply ceased his attacks on the Ukrainian and withdrew his troops. The way I see it, if you’re an adult with the intelligence and capacity for independent thought, then you ( without the benefit of evidence ) don’t necessarily trust the person who is giving you the info’, and make a decision based on your own logic. 
Those who want to believe in lizard people or sky fairies or a flat earth, decide for reasons of their own, to suspend or simply ignore their intelligence or logic, in order to do so. 
The majority of times, by thinking it through, our own common sense allows us to sort the wheat from the chaff.

We are told that the Earth evolved over millions and millions and millions of years to where we are now. We have all watched how things grow and evolve in a much smaller scale, so it sounds logical to me.
We are also told that some bloke with a grey beard up in the clouds did it all in six days and took the seventh day off, dependant on whose doing the telling. 
Now I don’t necessarily believe everything scientists tell us;  science is also constantly evolving, and I certainly don’t trust those who try to control through threats and menaces ( no evolving there , just an attempt to keep us in the dark ages ) so guess where my money is. 🙂

Anyhow, just my take on things but I suppose my point is ( if there is one ) is that in the absence of independent and unbiased information in an attempt to control ( as attempted in Russia to control the media ) you create another form of attempted indoctrination. 
In extreme examples it is a combination of the two which allows some to control others and persuade them it would be a good idea to strap on a jacket packed with explosive’s. 🤷‍♂️
Bit of a ramble but it’s a subject which fascinates and scares the poop out of me in equal measures. 

Like it. 

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

the war could be stopped tomorrow if Putin simply ceased his attacks on the Ukrainian and withdrew his troops.

Which is the correct bottom line that applies. Russia was the aggressor and needs to 'back off', leave Ukraine and return to behind their borders in Russia.

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

just my take on things

It is the common sense approach and follows the facts - and the best chance of 'peace'.