Workflow Dynamics

Scully

Anyone had dealings with this company? 
Apparently they’re legit’ on the face of it, just wondered what their method of operation is. 
We received a parking fine notice for 100 quid after a day out in Hexham a few weeks ago. 
Our vehicle is shown in the letter we received, both from the front and rear, claiming we hadn’t paid for a ticket. The photographs are definitely of our car, taken from what must have been atop a post or something similar at a height and triggered by a sensor, with both number plates clearly shown, but they could have been taken anywhere at anytime as there is nothing in the photos to link the car with any particular car park, other than their claim in the letter! 
However, we aren’t denying we were there, but we still have the parking ticket they claim we didn’t purchase, which was left on our dash while we went into M&S, from the car park mentioned in the letter. We paid for an hour and left around 40 mins later, the times on the ticket more or less corresponding to those stated in the photo’, clearly showing we left well within the hour. 
There is no photo, as is the case around here, taken by a parking attendant showing no ticket or an expired one, on the dash, as evidence, just the front and rear view of our vehicle. 
I can’t decide whether it’s a genuine mistake or whether they’re just trying it on? I’m just puzzled as to how photographs of a car entering and leaving a car park are proof of the driver not buying a ticket! 🤷‍♂️🙂

Only thing I can think of is that you may have needed to enter reg number on purchasing the ticket which is then used to cross reference .. and that maybe where the error occurred (targeting those who pass on tickets with time left).

Sounds like by retaining the ticket you have a good defence.

Scully ignore their letter, but make sure you keep the parking ticket very safe.

Was it a carpark that M and S use or just nearby? Might be worth complaining to M and S about it spoiling your customer experience.

Do not admit to anything more than being the owner of the car in any future correspondence.

I have fought these things in the past and the amount they can charge has been limited by the Government legislation to £50.

13 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Only thing I can think of is that you may have needed to enter reg number on purchasing the ticket which is then used to cross reference .. and that maybe where the error occurred (targeting those who pass on tickets with time left).

Sounds like by retaining the ticket you have a good defence.

Yeah, spot on, she did just that; our reg’ number is on the ticket. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Scully ignore their letter, but make sure you keep the parking ticket very safe.

Was it a carpark that M and S use or just nearby? Might be worth complaining to M and S about it spoiling your customer experience.

Do not admit to anything more than being the owner of the car in any future correspondence.

I have fought these things in the past and the amount they can charge has been limited by the Government legislation to £50.

Thankyou. OH has fired off an email with a photo of their letter and the parking ticket. 
It was the designated car park for M&S and another supermarket I can’t recall the name of now. 

ANPR photo - there will be a camera on the entrance and the exit - and it does rely on entering a registration number on the ticket at purchase to tie the reg to the purchase and the time of entry/exit to the amount of parking purchased.

Maybe you entered the reg slightly wrong??

8 hours ago, discobob said:

ANPR photo - there will be a camera on the entrance and the exit - and it does rely on entering a registration number on the ticket at purchase to tie the reg to the purchase and the time of entry/exit to the amount of parking purchased.

Maybe you entered the reg slightly wrong??

I though that too, but reg’ OH typed into ticket machine is correct. 🤷‍♂️

Did you take your time to buy the ticket - I had this on a park and pay online place - it was a train station - their system/mobile t'internet wasn't playing ball - finally payed about 3 hours later at work - ticket was issued 10 minutes earlier 😞 I tried common sense with them but then ignored it - it seems like they then ignored it as well in my favour  :)

TBH - the law has changed around this parking things and I wouldn't ignore it nowadays

20 minutes ago, discobob said:

Did you take your time to buy the ticket - I had this on a park and pay online place - it was a train station - their system/mobile t'internet wasn't playing ball - finally payed about 3 hours later at work - ticket was issued 10 minutes earlier 😞 I tried common sense with them but then ignored it - it seems like they then ignored it as well in my favour  :)

TBH - the law has changed around this parking things and I wouldn't ignore it nowadays

Yes. We have the physical ticket. We’ll see if they respond further to OH’s email. 👍

29 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Perhaps they presume not everyone keeps there ticket , and do try it on after the event , as time passes they send out a parking fine , hope people don't  have there ticket still .

Maybe they have targets to reach ,  hope you get sorted . 

We were thinking along similar lines. 
Thankyou. 

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I have also received 'Notice to keeper' from Workflow Dynamics in respect of parking at the M & S store. Fortunately I have my ticket and will be appealing, but as several posts state is this just a try on by scammers?

I have noticed that lots of people drop their partners off outside the car park rather than using it. Is this because they have had the same problem? I wonder if this is one of the reasons that M & S have decided to close close the store?

If you recieve a notice through post and you have the ticket, when you write back to them you should include a photocopy/scan of the ticket but also a note stating that should they continue to pursue this matter, you will be seeking full cost recovery at the rate of £250 per hour for any further time they cause you to spend on this incident.

That is the last you normally hear from them.

On 12/04/2024 at 19:07, Peter Graham said:

I have also received 'Notice to keeper' from Workflow Dynamics in respect of parking at the M & S store. Fortunately I have my ticket and will be appealing, but as several posts state is this just a try on by scammers?

I have noticed that lots of people drop their partners off outside the car park rather than using it. Is this because they have had the same problem? I wonder if this is one of the reasons that M & S have decided to close close the store?

You don't have to pay any parking ticket issued by a private company. If it was me then I'd ignore it completely.

• 4 months later...

I too have received a notice from Workflow Dynamics about parking in the same car park in Hexham. On the day I parked there, M & S was being dismantled and the car park was full of huge lorries covering most of the signage, and the parking meter was obscured behind a van removing the cashpoint machine from the front of the store. On my return I saw that you were supposed to pay before leraving ther car, but it was now too late. I purchased a ticket but their camera recorded me entering the car park much earlier. I did appeal online, but now I have a reminder saying that I now owe £100 as my appeal was declined.

I suppose I will just have to fork out £100...

49 minutes ago, Suzi said:

I too have received a notice from Workflow Dynamics about parking in the same car park in Hexham. On the day I parked there, M & S was being dismantled and the car park was full of huge lorries covering most of the signage, and the parking meter was obscured behind a van removing the cashpoint machine from the front of the store. On my return I saw that you were supposed to pay before leraving ther car, but it was now too late. I purchased a ticket but their camera recorded me entering the car park much earlier. I did appeal online, but now I have a reminder saying that I now owe £100 as my appeal was declined.

I suppose I will just have to fork out £100...

My advice would be not to pay it and ignore any further correspondence. They give up after a while.